I want Raji.....

Regardless of who we draft, the question still remains, will dickie j allow him to see the field from day 1? Probably not. I have no problem with Raji, but dickie would stick him at 4th on the depth chart behind stroud, williams and johnson, regardless of how good he looked during training camp.

I do not know if that is the big question. Dickie J has alot of faults but he has shown the willingness at times to let the rookies play if they are the best at their position. He let whitner/simpson play right from the start, had no problem playing Lynch from day one, played Poz from day 1 & also had no problem playing Edwards over Losman. Mckelvin was a little different situation. I really think the coaches did not trust Mckelvin with the game plan. Now you could argue that Jauron should of just told Mckelvin forget the defense, you got one responsibility & that is to cover X receiver. Playing TM in that first Miami game pretty much cost us the game imo. Put Mckelvin or even Corner on Ginn & I think we would of won that game.

Regardless of who we draft, the question still remains, will dickie j allow him to see the field from day 1? Probably not. I have no problem with Raji, but dickie would stick him at 4th on the depth chart behind stroud, williams and johnson, regardless of how good he looked during training camp.

I disagree

Tell me why you like more then Orapko

Raji has really impressed me, the games I saw him play he looked unstoppable. Our run D was 22nd last year at 121 yards per game. This guy will definately help us in that Dept. Orapko will probably be drafted before Raji, I would be OK if we took him instead, I want us to dominate the line of scrimage and Raji will be a force inside! He will force a double team and keep our LBs clean! The guy is that good(and Big)!

Raji has really impressed me, the games I saw him play he looked unstoppable. Our run D was 22nd last year at 121 yards per game. This guy will definately help us in that Dept. Orapko will probably be drafted before Raji, I would be OK if we took him instead, I want us to dominate the line of scrimage and Raji will be a force inside! He will force a double team and keep our LBs clean! The guy is that good(and Big)!

I will be more then happy with either

Few things to take into consideration, this years senior class is weak. The highest rated senior by PFW is Curry at 6.75 out of 9,and 9 being a franchise player.Their Dec ranking have him at 10th best player and now that the underclass have declared he is listed at the 15th pick in their mock draft,going to the Texans.

Simply put,he has moved up on boards since December but remember the players he played against in the senior bowl were not rated very high.There is no 7.0-9 caliber O-lineman in this years draft to actually judge him against.

All I read about on this board is how the bills need a DE,not a DT, so why are so many clamoring for this guy?

PFW rating:1. 90 B.J. Raji Boston College 6.20 6'1/2 335 5.19

Scout.com has him currently rated as the 10th best player

ESPN has him at the 15th best player,same as PFW in their mock.

ESPN rating

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 Raji appeared in 11 games during his true freshman season in 2004 finishing with 13 total tackles, six unassisted tackles and 1.5 tackles-for-loss. He started five of the 11 games he appeared in during the 2005 season finishing with 27 total tackles, 15 unassisted tackles, 6.5 tackles-for-loss, 1.5 sacks and one pass breakup. Raji started six of the 12 games he appeared in during the 2006 season finishing with 23 total tackles, 16 unassisted tackles, 8.5 tackles-for-loss, three sacks, three pass breakups and one forced fumble. In 2007, Boston College red-shirted him because of academic issues

Height-Weight-Speed 2 Height is decent but he's thickly built. Despite shedding some weight heading into the 2007 season, Raji is still bigger than most DT's. Also possesses better-than-average speed for his size

Durability 3 Raji missed 2008 spring practices while rehabbing from shoulder surgery

Character 4 Ejected from the 2006 Central Michigan game and suspended for the first half of the Clemson game the following week after throwing a punch at a Central Michigan player. Academic issues and inability to stay eligible raise concerns about work ethic

Defensive Tackle specific Traits

Agility/Quickness 2 While lacks elite initial burst and lateral mobility, is still quick and athletic for size.

Strength/Toughness 3 Hasn't shown elite lower body strength and has problems anchoring against double teams. Appears to wear down late in games and effort is inconsistent when he starts to tire

Instincts 2 Keeps head up and locates ball quickly

Pass Rusher 3 Takes the shortest path to the quarterback, flashes the ability to collapse the pocket and is a relentless pass rusher. Though isn't very tall, generally gets hands up when isn't going to get to the quarterback and can tip passes at the line of scrimmage. Flashes an effective spin move but relies on power too much and needs to develop more pass rush moves

Run Stopper 2 Inconsistent in this area and needs to work on consistently getting under blockers' pads but can hold ground at the point of attack when stays low to the ground. Doesn't use hands well and takes too long to shed block when gets reached. Anticipates snap count and flashes the ability to makes plays behind the line of scrimmage. Takes adequate angles to the ball and flashes the ability to make plays in pursuit.

Trait Scale

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

PFW like ESPN mock draft both have the Bills taking Brandon Pettigrew with the 11th pick, Scout.com has him rated at #22