Learn to coach what you have

In this day and age of parity, the difference should be coaching.

But here's the problem, the Bills were $20 million under the cap this past season. What if it happens again? That isn't parity for us. That's a disadvantage because we supposedly can't afford to sign free agents.

And here's another problem, the players love Dick Jauron but he doesn't put them in the best position to win games. If he did, folks wouldn't be complaining about him returning. Right? That kind of screws up your plan.

Most fans believe the problems with the Bills is talent when in reality the problems are very complex.

Give me one week in the locker room......something smells

I edited into my thread, the coaches should pick the leaders...not the players

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I write them without explaining very well.....sorry

I'm just funnin ya' a bit, no worries.

I think I get what you're saying and it's sorta similar to a tune I've been carrying for years.

Instead of trying to find new guys to fit what you've prematurely decided to do, take the guys you have and do things that play on their strengths.

I'm just funnin ya' a bit, no worries.

I think I get what you're saying and it's sorta similar to a tune I've been carrying for years.

Instead of trying to find new guys to fit what you've prematurely decided to do, take the guys you have and do things that play on their strengths.

Simon, you are a very wise fan

Do you remember the line from "Hossiers"

"Lets see what kind of hand I have been dealt here"-Gene Hackman

It that movie, he took the talent he had and coached them to become Indiana state champions

Some of you guys are more into free agency and the draft in a continuous battle to upgrade.

As you guys become older like me, you will eventually realize an above average talent veteran team is better then a super talented young team.

In the end, the veteran team is still standing and the young team goes home.

So what is my advice to Dick Jauron, LEARN TO COACH WHAT YOU HAVE, THE FUTURE MAJOR CONTINUOUS CHANGES WILL ONLY SET YOU BACK.

Put more faith into what you already have and develop. Put more pressure on the players to become better pros.

Remove players that are not willing to commit to excellence. The Head coach should pick the leaders, not the players.

The New England Patriots are nothing more then an average veteran team, extremely well coached, that developed into a powerhouse in 2007. Nearly every player on that team was developed with the exception of Randy Moss and a few plug in by Bill Bilicheck.

I like the team we have...sorry, I had to learn the hard way.

The people on this board with high school or above coaching experience know exactly what I am talking about here.

DIE HARD 1967

I admire you as a poster, and I will leave it at that!

I hear Ya...But would that not require Coaching well above and beyond what We currently have? I mean...I know this Horse has been beaten dead...But...

Jauron's gonna figure out a way to go 7-9 regardless...I really don't think He's a Coach em' up type...Does anyone? If anything I see Players with Star potential slightly underachieving...Like Lynch and Evans for example...Dead Dick does not develop talent nearly good enough...I'm not sure He's a good enough Coach to recognize the strengths in order to devise a proper plan...I just don't think He's got it in him... :flirt:

I hear Ya...But would that not require Coaching well above and beyond what We currently have? I mean...I know this Horse has been beaten dead...But...

Jauron's gonna figure out a way to go 7-9 regardless...I really don't think He's a Coach em' up type...Does anyone? If anything I see Players with Star potential slightly underachieving...Like Lynch and Evans for example...Dead Dick does not develop talent nearly good enough...I'm not sure He's a good enough Coach to recognize the strengths in order to devise a proper plan...I just don't think He's got it in him... :flirt:

If you take a close look at the coaching staff, you will find a young inexperienced bunch there too.

They need to improve along with the players

I hope you are correct about the talent we have on the team but I don't see it. We have some nice players but are a still behind top tier teams. I agree that coaching is just as important as talent. The notion that the Pats are an average veteran team is as far off as any estimation I've seen here. They are getting older sure but are still performing at a high level. As far as looking at the draft and free agency, do you want us to skip it? I don't really get the point of saying let's stay put. Do older guys with coaching backgrounds not like the draft?

The New England Patriots are nothing more then an average veteran team, extremely well coached, that developed into a powerhouse in 2007. Nearly every player on that team was developed with the exception of Randy Moss and a few plug in's by Bill Bilicheck.

I like the team we have...sorry, I had to learn the hard way.

DIE HARD 1967

You seemed to have conveniently forgotten that the Patriots continually replace older diminishing players with younger, more productive players. Two different LB's and a WR come to mind. Not to mention that they've had 2 1st round draft choice to play with longer than I can remember.

Those facts combined with incredibly strategic coaching puts them light years ahead of us.

I hope you are correct about the talent we have on the team but I don't see it. We have some nice players but are a still behind top tier teams. I agree that coaching is just as important as talent. The notion that the Pats are an average veteran team is as far off as any estimation I've seen here. They are getting older sure but are still performing at a high level. As far as looking at the draft and free agency, do you want us to skip it? I don't really get the point of saying let's stay put. Do older guys with coaching backgrounds not like the draft?

I think you are reading to far into what I posted.

New England was developed to championship level based on smart veteran play and excellent coaching

As far as the draft and free agency, I hope we get the best available, but the weaknesses on this team are slightly exaggerated.

Lets use Derek Fine as an example, I know for fact the coaches and team love that guy and that's precisely the reason he got more and more playing time.

So why draft a TE?

Do we draft another TE and judge him by his rookie season?

You seemed to have conveniently forgotten that the Patriots continually replace older diminishing players with younger, more productive players. Two different LB's and a WR come to mind. Not to mention that they've had 2 1st round draft choice to play with longer than I can remember.

Those facts combined with incredibly strategic coaching puts them light years ahead of us.

The Patriots are at the point where they need to add younger players, Buffalo is not, you conveniently left that out (lol)

I agree with the light years

I think you are reading to far into what I posted.

New England was developed to championship level based on smart veteran play and excellent coaching

As far as the draft and free agency, I hope we get the best available, but the weaknesses on this team are slightly exaggerated.

Lets use Derek Fine as an example, I know for fact the coaches and team love that guy and that's precisely the reason he got more and more playing time.

So why draft a TE?

Do we draft another TE and judge him by his rookie season?

These smart veteran players were once bright eyed rookies and many of them homegrown. Scouting and coaching is a premium with the Pats and here it's an afterthought. If they really like derek fine they will stay put at TE this offseason. Either way he probably stays on the roster and gets more involved next year, which will benefit him greatly. In a small market nothing means as much as the draft. This years draft will dictate the direction the team moves in the next 2-3 years.

These smart veteran players were once bright eyed rookies and many of them homegrown. Scouting and coaching is a premium with the Pats and here it's an afterthought. If they really like derek fine they will stay put at TE this offseason. Either way he probably stays on the roster and gets more involved next year, which will benefit him greatly. In a small market nothing means as much as the draft. This years draft will dictate the direction the team moves in the next 2-3 years.

I made a mistake using the Patriots, look at the Steelers also.

Nothing pisses off the fans more then using the Patriots as an example

You are a smart fan