Stop the center talk would you all.

Neuf

Hey listen up all I keep hearing is how we need a center. Did anyone stop and realize. 90 yards per game with Fowler 147 with Duke Preston. He needs to play smarter for sure. I think this team has a lot of needs and maybe we shoudn't burn a 1st or 2nd round pick on a center. Do the math if you don't billeve it.

Hey listen up all I keep hearing is how we need a center. Did anyone stop and realize. 90 yards per game with Fowler 147 with Duke Preston. He needs to play smarter for sure. I think this team has a lot of needs and maybe we shoudn't burn a 1st or 2nd round pick on a center. Do the math if you don't billeve it.

I think we can pick up a center in FA or 3rd round of draft. I would prefer to see us go DE, then go Coffman if he's still there, wouldnt even be uspet if we move up and get Coffman.

Ideally, I would like to see the FO explore a trade with Cle for Winslow so we can focus on DE, LB, OL in draft.

Did you actually watch him play? Dude is awful. They rushed despite Preston, not because of him.

A big part of why the Bills line improved when Preston was starting at Center was that it coincided with Brad Butler came back. Butler was and is the best lineman the Bills have at the moment

Despite all of the dissatisfaction with Peters, he IS the best OL player we have. I'm very pleased with the way Butler is working out for our team right now, but he's not the best we have.

The inability to pick up first downs in short yardage situations comes down the center position not getting a push. I would also say that the 1-8 record is a result of our centers not being able to match up vs the big nose tackles. I didn't say it is the only reason but I do think it is a big reason.

I think we can pick up a center in FA or 3rd round of draft. I would prefer to see us go DE, then go Coffman if he's still there, wouldnt even be uspet if we move up and get Coffman.

Ideally, I would like to see the FO explore a trade with Cle for Winslow so we can focus on DE, LB, OL in draft.

I would love WInslow, but I'm not sure if we could get a deal done. Maybe if we traded our 2nd round and then a 5th. If we trade the 2nd, then that would be the round we would most likely look to go TE anyway, and the 5th shouldn;t be that big of a deal. We have a pick in each round and we should get a few more compensation picks as well

The improvement in the run game after Preston took over, had nothing to do with him but more to do with Peters finally playing like he can and Dockery stepping up some. Most of their big runs were on the left side, NOT up the middle. As a matter of fact, I thought that Edwards had changed his # to 75 as Preston had been pushed back into him so much by DTs.

The improvement in the run game after Preston took over, had nothing to do with him but more to do with Peters finally playing like he can and Dockery stepping up some. Most of their big runs were on the left side, NOT up the middle. As a matter of fact, I thought that Edwards had changed his # to 75 as Preston had been pushed back into him so much by DTs.

Why are you responding to my post as if we disagree? I agree we need a better center...I think one will fall to us in the 3rd, but I would prefer to address in FA...

I would love WInslow, but I'm not sure if we could get a deal done. Maybe if we traded our 2nd round and then a 5th. If we trade the 2nd, then that would be the round we would most likely look to go TE anyway, and the 5th shouldn;t be that big of a deal. We have a pick in each round and we should get a few more compensation picks as well

Honestly, as I stated in my thread about our DB's, we could use one as traid bait as Cle sorely needs DB help. This way we protect our high value draft picks for the most part and use them to fill other spots like DE, LB, and Center. For instance:

Trade Cle one of the following for Winslow:

Mcgee straight up (he is a FA next year and I doubt we retain him with the price tag he will command, espcially if we sign Greer).

Package Greer with one of your TE's or a mid to late round pick (maybe a 5th).

Package Youboty with maybe a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

I think any of these deals Cle would have to consider...there is no way they get a better offer than McGee or a package of Greer and some change. No team has the combination of needing a TE as bad as we do and having the depth we have a position of need for Cle.

We will all stop the talk when we actually get a real center in here. Fowler & Preston are stop gap centers. If Mack is drafted by Buffalo he would start over either one!

I really suspect you're his agent.....

if you think duke is anything more than a journeyman you dont have a clue. mark my words the bills will have a new center to start the 2009 season.

i'm willing to bet that by 0100 hours the first night of free agency birk is a bill. if that does not happen then with the weak draft for DE's and if the linebackers are gone @ 11 and any of the OT's or QB's drop i believe the bills will seriously try to drop down and grab one of the top centers in round 1 or 2.

however i would bet the house that preston is not our starting center next year.

Honestly, as I stated in my thread about our DB's, we could use one as traid bait as Cle sorely needs DB help. This way we protect our high value draft picks for the most part and use them to fill other spots like DE, LB, and Center. For instance:

Trade Cle one of the following for Winslow:

Mcgee straight up (he is a FA next year and I doubt we retain him with the price tag he will command, espcially if we sign Greer).

Package Greer with one of your TE's or a mid to late round pick (maybe a 5th).

Package Youboty with maybe a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

I think any of these deals Cle would have to consider...there is no way they get a better offer than McGee or a package of Greer and some change. No team has the combination of needing a TE as bad as we do and having the depth we have a position of need for Cle.

how could we trade greer if he's a FA?