Bills Draft Options

BillsVet

Maybe all of the posters who think that a rookie DE will make any difference, or that Center anytime before the 3rd round is anything but hairbrained, or that the TE class is lackluster(even moreso without Gresham) ...

Who? Oh, the smart ones? The ones who know what they're talking about? Yeah, I can see how those people might bother you.

And you don't draft DEs for rookie success. The fact that you think that's why you would draft a DE throws even more doubts on your point of view.

how do you know? What if oakland takes Maclin and seatle takes Harvin? Last year Malcolm Kelly was the consensus best WR and he went in the 3rd. Just because a WR is rated high in January( for cryin out loud) doesnt mean crap in April.

Yeah, Kelly was the consensus WR. Except for about 80 - 90% of the draft watchers. What kind of consensus was that? Name one guy who was supposed to go in the top 5 last year who fell to 11. Nobody. Yeah, there's a 1% chance, but that's all. The WRs last year were weak as a class. Crabtree is out of their league.

Yeah, I would love to get him. He's unlikely to get past Green Bay at #9, but if he does, we should snag him. It's easy to get decent DTs. It's extremely difficult to get difference makers at that position. Raji is one.

And you know this how?

Bills Draft Options

IMO, that's the price you pay when you enter the season with 20M+ under the cap. Last season and 07 demonstrated how not spending or drafting quality depth hurts in the long run.

I disagree...there are a lot of teams way under the cap, and its a byproduct of the cap rising so fast teams can't spend the money fast enough. What happens is players who are marginal players are getting contracts 2 or 3 times more than what they would have gotten in years past...

At 11 possible DE's Brown from FL State, Maybin, or Johnson from GT could be there.

I don't see value at LB at 11 unless Curry falls, not sure about Cushing at 11 he is a great athlete. TE is not a value at 11 this year maybe a trade down if the best DE's are gone.