Should we elect presidents through card checks?

Fingon

I think we should do it American Idol style: have open auditions in every city where four overrated pundits decide who we're allowed to vote for, then four months of televised exhibitions (debating style, public speaking, wardrobe modeling...maybe throw some policy sh-- in there, just for kicks), and at the end of each the electorate calls in to a 900 number and votes their least favorite off, until after four months we're left with a President.

Because let's face it, we're halfway there now. The biggest difference is that American Idol seems to do a better job of accurately counting votes.

Because let's face it, we're halfway there now. The biggest difference is that American Idol seems to do a better job of accurately counting votes.

Not to mention usually coming up with the best "contestant". Or at least so I've heard seeing I've never watched the damn show.

I've watched a few final episodes, you have to admit there is talent on that stage when it comes to the last few contestants.

You guys are forgetting about Sanjay, who was so bad the call-in voters, wanting to keep seeing him every week, wouldn't vote him off until almost the end. You know, kind of like watching a train wreck.