Pass rusher tries out with Bills

Here's the Bflo News story:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...e-bills-wa.html

As per usual the clueless Allen Wilson:

"Somebody is going to sign him this offseason. Given the Bills' need for another pass rusher, they would be wise to grab Wake before someone else does and give him in for a closer look in offseason workouts."

He's a street free agent. I don't know the rules here but there's basically only two possibilities. Either he can go to the highest bidder in which case the Bills would have to outbid other teams (and possibly overpay for him), or they all get the same deal so he has his pick of whichever team/owner/city he wants to play for.

Sure the Bills are interested. They worked him out. But it's a bit more complicated than "they would be wise to grab him before someone else does."

Here's the Bflo News story:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...e-bills-wa.html

As per usual the clueless Allen Wilson:

"Somebody is going to sign him this offseason. Given the Bills' need for another pass rusher, they would be wise to grab Wake before someone else does and give him in for a closer look in offseason workouts."

He's a street free agent. I don't know the rules here but there's basically only two possibilities. Either he can go to the highest bidder in which case the Bills would have to outbid other teams (and possibly overpay for him), or they all get the same deal so he has his pick of whichever team/owner/city he wants to play for.

Sure the Bills are interested. They worked him out. But it's a bit more complicated than "they would be wise to grab him before someone else does."

I don't understand what you are saying. Couldn't the Bills make him an offer now? Is it not possible he would accept?

I watched this kid play at Penn State and he was a beast there, a real hardworker.

That piece of footage is good.

In terms of appearance alone, the dude is a freak. I'm not sure I'm buying the part about no TV, no internet and no partying but he sure seems to put in the work.

Maybe the Bills do have a shot considering the need for an end. They could've easily told him, you have a good shot of making this team because we desperately need help from our ends. If we drafted an end, and got this guy, I'd immediately cut Kelsay and feel pretty excited about our ends.

That piece of footage is good.

In terms of appearance alone, the dude is a freak. I'm not sure I'm buying the part about no TV, no internet and no partying but he sure seems to put in the work.

Maybe the Bills do have a shot considering the need for an end. They could've easily told him, you have a good shot of making this team because we desperately need help from our ends. If we drafted an end, and got this guy, I'd immediately cut Kelsay and feel pretty excited about our ends.

what's his motor and character like, can he play cornerback

He has amazing leaping ability. I see no reason to give the kid a shot.....

That's the problem. It's just not as easy as saying give him a shot because he'll have plenty of teams interested in him. And that's where my pessimism takes over.

There is no reason to not give the kid a shot, which is probably the mindset of at least 10 other GMs around the league. It would be up to him choosing the Bills which I don't see happening. Or he might just go with whoever offers him the most money.

That's the problem. It's just not as easy as saying give him a shot because he'll have plenty of teams interested in him. And that's where my pessimism takes over.

There is no reason to not give the kid a shot, which is probably the mindset of at least 10 other GMs around the league. It would be up to him choosing the Bills which I don't see happening. Or he might just go with whoever offers him the most money.

Your right, but then the front office needs to make a move and do something about him.......