2008 WR's Draft

Trader

DeSean Jackson 62, 900, 2 TD

Avery 53 catches, 533 y 3 TD

Nelson 33 catches for 366 yards 2 td

Thomas 15 catches 120 y

Hardy 9 catches 87 2 TD

Sweed 6 catches, 64 yds 0

It looks like the pro scouts knew what they were doing here. It this not pretty much how the order they were drafted except for Avery 1st. ?

I thought that Nelson would have fit well in Buffalo but GB grabbed him first.

If we look at Thomas, Hardy and Sweed as the realistic options. The bills did Ok.

Jackson was the only guy who was projected to be that good. But the Bills didn't want another Lee Evans type of player, especially one who was a headcase. Royal was a major surprise and a similar player to Jackson.

Basically it was between Hardy, Sweed, and Kelly, and despite his lack of production, Hardy was still better than the other 2.

DeSean Jackson 62, 900, 2 TD

Avery 53 catches, 533 y 3 TD

Nelson 33 catches for 366 yards 2 td

Thomas 15 catches 120 y

Hardy 9 catches 87 2 TD

Sweed 6 catches, 64 yds 0

It looks like the pro scouts knew what they were doing here. It this not pretty much how the order they were drafted except for Avery 1st. ?

I thought that Nelson would have fit well in Buffalo but GB grabbed him first.

If we look at Thomas, Hardy and Sweed as the realistic options. The bills did Ok.

My argument during the off-season was fine go after a WR in the draft- but don't depend on him doing anything his first year- Rookie WRs that make a difference are as rare as hens teeth.

My argument during the off-season was fine go after a WR in the draft- but don't depend on him doing anything his first year- Rookie WRs that make a difference are as rare as hens teeth.

I now think Ball skills are far more important than size for size's sake. The huge receiver that is a really good athlete is very rare.

The key is can a receiver beat Man coverage 80% of the time or more. Moss could do it Owens could do it Fitzgerald can do it. and so can guys like Deshawn Jackson and Royal.

It's great to have a huge guy with talent but when you reach you wind up with a Hardy or a Sweed. Ok maybe they will make it big some day but right now the odds on Hardy given his injury are less that 50-50.