Anyone Else Surprised at the Number of...........

H2o

There seems to be a general consensus that the next labor deal will include a cap on rookie contracts. So I would think that more players would want to come out this year. However, who knows for sure what will happen in 2010 when the current deal expires.

My thinking as well. If there is a rookie cap -and it appears likely- it will obviously trickle down through the rounds. ie: A 1st rounder this year making $20 mil who next year can't make more than $5mil means a 4th rounder this year will make more than a late 1st/2nder next year. No??

I, for one, am shocked. Colt McCoy said he was coming back early. But Bradford, Spikes, Gresham, Hardy, and Mays? All of them would have been first round selections in my opinion, Bradford very likely being the #1 pick overall. It is refreshing in a way, even though I would like to have gotten any of these players on the Bills. Most 21-22 year olds would be chasing that paper to the NFL. You wonder if it's the parents, coaches, or the teachers themselves that are finally getting through to the young men who are top notch athletes.

I too am surprised. The fear of injury and potential dollars lost is normally the reason for lraving early see Willis.

I wonder if its the new administration (Obama) and players waiting to see how things shake out in 2009

Why not get drafted by Detroit? You are going to throw the ball to Calvin Johnson. Expectations will be low, and your signing bonus huge. Detroit was probably the team hardest hit by injuries last year and will be much improved. It is not like the first player selected ever goes to a strong team. I don't buy anyone is not entering because they do not want to play for detroit

Why not get drafted by Detroit? You are going to throw the ball to Calvin Johnson. Expectations will be low, and your signing bonus huge. Detroit was probably the team hardest hit by injuries last year and will be much improved. It is not like the first player selected ever goes to a strong team. I don't buy anyone is not entering because they do not want to play for detroit

Their defense will be ALOT BETTER I would be willing to bet with Schwartz taking over. Drafted by the Lions wouldn't be that bad and not all of the top name prospects going back to school were slated to be the #1 pick. The only guy tabbed as the possible #1 pick was Bradford. Now that could be his reasoning, but not the rest of the player's.