Coordinators

Many of the teams in the same boat as us (no playoffs this year or in multiple years) are interviewing and upgrading their coordinators' positions. Why aren't we? I understand the continuity aspect of retaining Dick (I don't like it or agree with it, but I can see their point) but they said they were going to 'assess all aspects of the team.'

So basically we're okay with 8-8, 7-9 whatever? :lol:

I want to stick with Schonert; he has potential.

What I'd like to see is a "consultant" brought it, as we did with LeBeau a few years ago.

Why not bring in Crennel as a defensive assistant/consultant? I'm sure he could help us when we play the Pats.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to stick with Schonert; he has potential.

What I'd like to see is a "consultant" brought it, as we did with LeBeau a few years ago.

Why not bring in Crennel as a defensive assistant/consultant? I'm sure he could help us when we play the Pats.

My biggest gripe with Turk is his habit of trying to get to cute with a play at critical junctions in a game, ala bellichick, trying to outsmart the opponent. Problem is, we don't have Brady to pull it off. At critical junctions we too often went with the unexpected when we should have stuck with what had been working and it cost us dearly when our personnel couldnt execute. I respect the risk taking, but our offense just isnt capable of executing it well enough yet to validate how often we tried.

Have you come across reports that I haven't regarding the specifics of Jauron's contract extension? Remember, he reportedly signed the extension when the team was 5-1 and his name was being mentioned as a possible Head Coach of the Year candidate. I would suspect that he is now being paid the going rate for head coaches in the league -- and eating his contract would have cost significantly more than the $4.5 M you suggest. Not to mention, whatever amount it would have cost for his replacement and entire new staff.

Someone posted it awhile back, Jauron is making 1.5 million and those three new coaches are all making 3 mill each. I highly doubt that coordinators get guaranteed contracts like the head coach does,but who knows they might and it could cost a ton more to replace most of the staff.

Understanding how Ralph Wilson thinks,I'd say he would have promoted Bobby April to HC after seeing that John Harbaugh has had so much success going from a special teams coach to head coach without becoming a coordinator first.