Question about draft?

gizmo6824

I have a question? Its my understanding that they reorganized the times of each round, and how many rounds on each day.

Was that for only last year? or from then on?. I keeep seeing people talking about picking 3rd rounders on day 1. Am i just confused or did everyone forget about that?

The NFL Draft 2008 had the first round picks reduced from 15 to 10 minutes. This was done to make it more attractive to a television audience. It was a big success and I thought it was great. I'm not sure about the 2nd round...I want to say 10 minutes too. The 3rd round and beyond were 5 minutes. 3rd round picks did occur on day 1. I remember the Bills passed on PennState MLB Dan Connor for Chris Ellis on day one which pissed me off. :thumbsup: I can't see the NFL changing the format.

The NFL Draft 2008 had the first round picks reduced from 15 to 10 minutes. This was done to make it more attractive to a television audience. It was a big success and I thought it was great. I'm not sure about the 2nd round...I want to say 10 minutes too. The 3rd round and beyond were 5 minutes. 3rd round picks did occur on day 1. I remember the Bills passed on PennState MLB Dan Connor for Chris Ellis on day one which pissed me off. :thumbsup: I can't see the NFL changing the format.

Second round picks get 7 minutes as of 08, and the third round is indeed on day 2.

Second round picks get 7 minutes as of 08, and the third round is indeed on day 2.

See now thats what i remember from last year.....1st round 10 mins. 2nd rnd. 7 mins. and 3rd and beyond was 5. but they only did 1st and second rounds on day one.

Isn't he Poz's mate, broke Poz's records?

Ellis managed 12 games, Connor unfortunately didn't make it far from the blocks. Both IR'ed.

LA Times article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/apr/25/sports/sp-sound25

The NFL, in an effort to streamline and speed up the draft, reduced the time limit between picks from 15 to 10 minutes for the first round, and from 10 to seven minutes for the second. “While that’s exciting for fans at home,” says ESPN producer Jay Rothman, “it’s going to be a challenge for television.”

The first and second rounds will start at the new time of noon on Saturday. The third round has been moved to Sunday and will begin at 7 a.m.

I swear I remember the first ...10(?) picks getting more time than he rest of round 1, but don't see anything like that mentioned.

1st and 2nd rounds were on day 1, at 10 and 7 minutes respectively. The rest on day 2. Most people still refer to 3rd rounders as "day 1" picks because it was like that for so long and you can still expect a 3rd rounder to contribute. So "day 1 picks" are your top premium picks and day 2 are the rest.