Bradford Going back to Oklahoma...........

H2o

Good call by Bradford. Polish his game and be the consensus number one pick next year. I feel Stafford is a better QB anyway. Should be an interesting draft with only one legit first round QB. It'll be tough for the Lions to pass on Stafford now.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He's a good QB right now for sure. But with another offseason of working out and working on the finer points of his game, he'll almost certainly be the #1 pick in the 2010 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3832957

I guess you can pencil in Matthew Stafford as the #1 overall selection by the Detroit Lions. Or does this possibly change everything? Will the Lions instead take the OT from Alabama, Andre Smith? This one decision changes alot of people's draft boards.

Probably doesn't want to go to Detroit! Now we can get him with the first pick in the 2010 draft..... just kidding.

It's always good to see a player choosing school over pro. Although it would be real tough to say, "Oh I could be making $10M next year, but I've decided not to." Wish I had that dilemma!

I'm surprised. Thought he was a sure NFL Draft guy. His receivers and many of his o-lineman are graduating. He's a blue chipper right now, and I suspect he will not be able to improve much by staying another year.

Me too. I think he's losing 4 O linemen and his top recievers. Chances are that offense will not be the same next year. If he's doing it for the degree, that's great, but I don't think he'll ever have a better opportunity to make the jump to the NFL.

If Detroit is as high on Smith as Miami was on Jake Long, they'd do well to take him. Yes, you could trade down, grab a few more picks... but I'd follow Miami's blueprint. Unless an offer blows you away, grab the guy who's going to anchor the line for (presumably) a decade or so.

I disagree.

I'm sure that after what Matt Ryan did this year the fish may have taken him instead. Detroit has long been without a legit QB and someone needs to throw the ball to CJ. And seeing how deep this year's draft is at Tackle, and O-Lineman in general, the Lions can grab a Tackle with the first round pick they got from Dallas.

This logic makes more sense because Stafford is the only first round QB right now, but there are numerous Tackles with first round grades, including; Smith, Oher, Monroe, and Smith. There are also first round interior lineman with Robinson at OG and Mack at C.

If Stafford has a good Combine workout and throws well at his pro day, he'll be a lock for number one overall. The Lions will be looking to duplicate the turnaround success Atlanta had after they hit rock botttom last year.

I'm surprised. Thought he was a sure NFL Draft guy. His receivers and many of his o-lineman are graduating. He's a blue chipper right now, and I suspect he will not be able to improve much by staying another year.

he didn't look like a number one against florida. he looked hesitant and a little too reactive to me to be considered a number one on draft day. maybe stoops didn't handle the preparation well but.......