The final Bush Press conference

Lemme get this right......you think a 747 carry the PUSA in and out of major airports doesnt file a flight plan and follow basic air traffic protocols?

Can I call you "one nut"?

I assure you, as I've had to had to deal with our grounded aircraft during times when the President and/or VP were flying nearby during disaster events, that when the President flies in and out of an airport pretty much everything within a wide area is shut down. Air Force 1 does not get in line with other commercial aircraft and follow standard approach procedures.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll end my part in the discussion at this- none of us probably know what happened, nor what the procedures are. There is enough things we know of to criticize him on.....I can't wait until next Tuesday

We can definitely agree on that.

I assure you, as I've had to had to deal with our grounded aircraft during times when the President and/or VP were flying nearby during disaster events, that when the President flies in and out of an airport pretty much everything within a wide area is shut down. Air Force 1 does not get in line with other commercial aircraft and follow standard approach procedures.

I get that, but they DO file a flight plan and follow procedures. Im SURE when AF1 comes to JFK it flies the Canarsie approach or when departing does the Breezy Point climb just like every other departing/arriving aircraft. Id be pretty shocked if it didnt.

Also, if AF1 DIDNT file a flight plan and fly it, then how would ATC know to ground all the other A/C in the area?

It took the 9/11 cocksmokers years to plan out the attack, when to hit, handle navigation, etc. And their targets were some of the biggest, most idenfiable buildings in the WORLD.

Yet according to you the night before the attack they could have Googled Bush's pending appearance at a school in bum!@#$ USA and hit him with precision the following day.

THIS IS WHY NORMAL PEOPLE CANT TAKE YOU TARDS SERIOUSLY.

Wouldn't that be consistent with the Bush/Cheney "One Percent Doctrine"?

I get that, but they DO file a flight plan and follow procedures. Im SURE when AF1 comes to JFK it flies the Canarsie approach or when departing does the Breezy Point climb just like every other departing/arriving aircraft. Id be pretty shocked if it didnt.

Also, if AF1 DIDNT file a flight plan and fly it, then how would ATC know to ground all the other A/C in the area?

I see your point, and I'm not suggesting that AF1 just goes and does whatever it wants. But, certainly, if they want to take off they can; and certainly, they're not following the same sets of procedures and protocols as the rest of us. That's my primary point here.

Also, I'm fairly certain their flight plan is ambiguous to say the least. On multiple occasions, we've been grounded because the Pres was coming somewhere nearby. But, he never came or was never any where near us. Now, maybe he changed his plans. Maybe they file several false plans to make scheming more difficult. Maybe the FAA just didn't want us in the air. One thing is certain, I'd be willing to bet someone from the Secret Service is reading this thread right now with all these references to AF1 in here. :thumbsup:

Naw he'll be lumped in with those forgettable presidents like...ummmm...William Henry Harrison? Millard Fillmore? Warren G. Harding?

Bush's legacy is Barack Obama. Depending on how President Obama fares the next 4 years...Bush will either slide totally into infamy if he's not there already or...he may get some positive fallout.

He's not going to be obscure....he presided over 9-11, how he will be judged is still up on the air (some will want him remembered how he took the fight overseas, some will want him remembered that it was all his fault) but either way he'll be remembered.

I agree on the Obama point though, what he does has a lot of impact on Bush's legacy.

I would think the separation minimum's are higher, tho.

So the President of the United States is actually going to have to "find someone"? Do you have any idea how unbelievably ridiculous you sound?

It's quite obvious that the vast majority of you has never been in command of a damn thing in your life, least of all been involved in managing any kind of crisis.

No, I don't believe I sound ridiculous, and coming from you, someone who only uses his time (on a message board) to tell other people how stupid they are, I could really care less what you have to say.

But just out of curiosity, if he doesn't have to "find" someone, if he doesn't have to "call" someone, then what- specifically -is he supposed to do during an emergency situation? Certainly he's not supposed to Bill Pullman himself into a jet fighter and go after the terrorists himself. Obviously, there are people working to resolove the situation without him having to tell them to, so what then, is the PRESIDENT supposed to do? If the answer is "nothing" then by your standards he succeeded, admirably.

He didn't need to "find" someone with more information. The people who were seeking the additional information already knew to come to him as soon as possible. Which they did. Duh.

Oh, okay sure. Then I guess they just told him to "run it by him." The situation was secure, he just needed to know there was a situation and that was that. Man, sounds to me like the President has a pretty easy gig going.

"Tard" as an insult seems to be catching. When one tard (Rkfast, Boomer) calls another person (blzrul) a tard, does it mean you're all one and the same tard brethren?

No Tard . It refers to liberal mental cases but you being a Tard I can see how you are confused . Now Obama is not a Tard he is however a lying Communist fraud :thumbsup:

"Tard" as an insult seems to be catching. When one tard (Rkfast, Boomer) calls another person (blzrul) a tard, does it mean you're all one and the same tard brethren?

No, anyone they don't like is a "Tard" but THEY are "Turds".

Oh oh frustration setting in. Must be that time of life. :thumbsup:

I'm not surprised that you're frustrated. Given the symptoms you exhibit, you have good reason to be frustrated.

You're just PO'd that you got yourself all twisted around "Tard" and missed the opportunity to use "Turd". So you like branding me a Tard, that's great. Unless you ALSO are a Tard...which you'd never admit to...then by process of elimination you are a Turd.

Which certainly explains a lot.

I'm not surprised that you're frustrated. Given the symptoms you exhibit, you have good reason to be frustrated.

You're just PO'd that you got yourself all twisted around "Tard" and missed the opportunity to use "Turd". So you like branding me a Tard, that's great. Unless you ALSO are a Tard...which you'd never admit to...then by process of elimination you are a Turd.

Which certainly explains a lot.

You are babbling again :thumbsup: Seek professional help.

Oh oh frustration setting in. Must be that time of life. :lol:

What do you expect on a political board other than frustration- we are completing one of the worst presidential terms in memory and the best recent presidents people can remember are Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton.......both of which were ok, but not great. There hasn't been a great president during my lifetime......Maybe I can someday tell my grandkids I lived through the terms of Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush.

I turned on the speech last night thinking I could stomach him one last time. Alas after 10 minutes of "9/11", "terror", "evil", "freedom" and "God" I had to mute.

Yeah...we know your liberals have trouble with that pesky little thing called REALITY.