Jason Brown, Baltimore Ravens

Tsaikotic

Ive seen a few ppl saying Brown would be a great choice for Bills to go after in FA...well along with Birk...I'm wondering if anyone has any info on the Ravens which would say why they would let they're only center go in FA...I looked at there roster and Brown is listed as there only center...I see like 4 guards listed, is any of these guards a center as well?...I just cant see why Baltimore would let Brown get away if hes so good and especially since I don't see any other centers on the team roster...so saying this, is Brown really a pipe dream and someone the Bills really have no hope of getting?

ok just to add...I also took a look at Vickings roster...seems they have John Sullivan rookie center to replace Birk...so I guess Birk would have to be the center Buffalo could actually get with the right money...he just played his 11'th season... a 2 year deal for Birk and drafting any of these 5 centers in April: Mack, Luigs, Unger, Cantwell, Woods seems the best scenario for Buffalo to me...I just cant see Baltimore letting Brown go.

I've figured they would not let him go myself, but included him in my "offseason" anyways. The funny thing is, people realize Brown may not hit free agency, but they think Suggs, Peppers and Haynseworth will!!!! B-):lol::lol: I have no problem with Birk and a 3rd round pick at center next season. :lol:

I thought Jason Brown was originally a guard...was shifted to center? I can't see the Ravens not signing him.

Originally, he was a prospect @ center, where he played @ UNC. Then, the Ravens moved him to guard to get him in the starting lineup. After that, they moved him back to center and that's where he's playing now.

Ive seen a few ppl saying Brown would be a great choice for Bills to go after in FA...well along with Birk...I'm wondering if anyone has any info on the Ravens which would say why they would let they're only center go in FA...I looked at there roster and Brown is listed as there only center...I see like 4 guards listed, is any of these guards a center as well?...I just cant see why Baltimore would let Brown get away if hes so good and especially since I don't see any other centers on the team roster...so saying this, is Brown really a pipe dream and someone the Bills really have no hope of getting?

sigh........ of course this is fun time speculation, not the depressing reality that wears red,white and blue, don't you get enough spirit crushing reality when the Bills play during season, why do people have to be such downers, look you have no basis for predicting to draft until after the combine and FA, and you have no basis for predicting FA until you find out who are not signed of tagged- so what do you want to talk about..........ummmm I like gum.

They do have some other FAs they need to pay big bucks to on the D side (Suggs and Scott IIRC), maybe some others, so it may not be a given that they can match any BIG offers. Then again, we're talikng the Bills here. :lol:

And Ray Ray.

I think that's the best explanation why he might get away.

And Ray Ray.

I think that's the best explanation why he might get away.

McAllister's days are numbered. The money they save from not paying him (if they do cut him, as many expect) could be used toward any new deal Brown gets from them.

sigh........ of course this is fun time speculation, not the depressing reality that wears red,white and blue, don't you get enough spirit crushing reality when the Bills play during season, why do people have to be such downers, look you have no basis for predicting to draft until after the combine and FA, and you have no basis for predicting FA until you find out who are not signed of tagged- so what do you want to talk about..........ummmm I like gum.

wait a minute..you mean they guy who came up with the dream offseason thread where you have rediculouse scenarios is telling me I cant be realistic and think about who Buffalo can and cant get...the reality is that as of right now both Birk and Brown are free agents...unlike your dreams, I look at whats real...I'm not a downer..I'm trying to see who Buffalo cnan actually go after...if you want to sit at home dreaming thats ur choice

McAllister's days are numbered. The money they save from not paying him (if they do cut him, as many expect) could be used toward any new deal Brown gets from them.

But then they need a starting corner, who will cost more than a center.

How about we let them sign Greer, they let us sign Brown?

wait a minute..you mean they guy who came up with the dream offseason thread where you have rediculouse scenarios is telling me I cant be realistic and think about who Buffalo can and cant get...the reality is that as of right now both Birk and Brown are free agents...unlike your dreams, I look at whats real...I'm not a downer..I'm trying to see who Buffalo cnan actually go after...if you want to sit at home dreaming thats ur choice

QB NR Kyle Boller UFA 6 6-3/220 California Baltimore

C 3 Jason Brown UFA 4 6-3/320 North Carolina Baltimore

DE NR Dwan Edwards UFA 5 6-3/315 Oregon State Baltimore

CB NR Corey Ivy UFA 8 5-9/188 Oklahoma Baltimore

P 4 Sam Koch UFA 3 5-11/225 Nebraska Baltimore

S NR Dawan Landry RFA 3 6-1/220 Georgia Tech Baltimore

S NR Jim Leonhard UFA 4 5-8/185 Wisconsin Baltimore

MLB 1 Ray Lewis UFA 13 6-1/245 Miami (FL) Baltimore

FB 3 Lorenzo Neal UFA 15 5-11/255 Fresno State Baltimore

OLB NR Bart Scott UFA 7 6-2/240 Southern Illinois Baltimore

K 5 Matt Stover UFA 19 5-11/178 Louisiana Tech Baltimore

DE NR Terrell Suggs UFA 6 6-3/260 Arizona State Baltimore

TE NR Daniel Wilcox UFA 7 6-1/245 Appalachian State Baltimore

WR NR Demetrius Williams RFA 3 6-2/198 Oregon Baltimore

The following is a list of the maximum amount of money each of the NFL teams has remaining to spend under the salary cap. Figures are as of last Thursday.

1. Tampa Bay $42.8 million

2. New Orleans $31.1 million

3. Kansas City $30.0 million

4. Tennessee $27.2 million

5. Buffalo $26.6 million

6. Jacksonville $26.2 million

7. Green Bay $24.4 million

8. Chicago $22.5 million

9. Miami $21.0 million

10. San Diego $18.7 million

11. Minnesota $18.6 million

12. Houston $15.6 million

13. Denver $15.2 million

14. San Francisco $15.0 million

15. St. Louis $14.6 million

16. Philadelphia $13.9 million

17. Cincinnati $13.3 million

18. Atlanta $12.5 million

19. Cleveland $12.0 million

20. New York Giants $11.1 million

21. New England $10.8 million

22. Seattle $9.1 million

23. Carolina $8.3 million

24. Washington $7.7 million

25. Indianapolis $7.6 million

26. Oakland $6.4 million

27. Baltimore $4.7 million

28. New York Jets $4.5 million

29. Detroit $4.4 million

30. Dallas $3.9 million

31. Pittsburgh $1.3 million

32. Arizona $310,078

I look at the players that Baltimore might want to sign and their relative position in regards to the cap and I don't think it's that ridiculous- that was the word you were trying to use wasn't it?

QB NR Kyle Boller UFA 6 6-3/220 California Baltimore

C 3 Jason Brown UFA 4 6-3/320 North Carolina Baltimore

DE NR Dwan Edwards UFA 5 6-3/315 Oregon State Baltimore

CB NR Corey Ivy UFA 8 5-9/188 Oklahoma Baltimore

P 4 Sam Koch UFA 3 5-11/225 Nebraska Baltimore

S NR Dawan Landry RFA 3 6-1/220 Georgia Tech Baltimore

S NR Jim Leonhard UFA 4 5-8/185 Wisconsin Baltimore

MLB 1 Ray Lewis UFA 13 6-1/245 Miami (FL) Baltimore

FB 3 Lorenzo Neal UFA 15 5-11/255 Fresno State Baltimore

OLB NR Bart Scott UFA 7 6-2/240 Southern Illinois Baltimore

K 5 Matt Stover UFA 19 5-11/178 Louisiana Tech Baltimore

DE NR Terrell Suggs UFA 6 6-3/260 Arizona State Baltimore

TE NR Daniel Wilcox UFA 7 6-1/245 Appalachian State Baltimore

WR NR Demetrius Williams RFA 3 6-2/198 Oregon Baltimore

The following is a list of the maximum amount of money each of the NFL teams has remaining to spend under the salary cap. Figures are as of last Thursday.

1. Tampa Bay $42.8 million

2. New Orleans $31.1 million

3. Kansas City $30.0 million

4. Tennessee $27.2 million

5. Buffalo $26.6 million

6. Jacksonville $26.2 million

7. Green Bay $24.4 million

8. Chicago $22.5 million

9. Miami $21.0 million

10. San Diego $18.7 million

11. Minnesota $18.6 million

12. Houston $15.6 million

13. Denver $15.2 million

14. San Francisco $15.0 million

15. St. Louis $14.6 million

16. Philadelphia $13.9 million

17. Cincinnati $13.3 million

18. Atlanta $12.5 million

19. Cleveland $12.0 million

20. New York Giants $11.1 million

21. New England $10.8 million

22. Seattle $9.1 million

23. Carolina $8.3 million

24. Washington $7.7 million

25. Indianapolis $7.6 million

26. Oakland $6.4 million

27. Baltimore $4.7 million

28. New York Jets $4.5 million

29. Detroit $4.4 million

30. Dallas $3.9 million

31. Pittsburgh $1.3 million

32. Arizona $310,078

I look at the players that Baltimore might want to sign and their relative position in regards to the cap and I don't think it's that ridiculous- that was the word you were trying to use wasn't it?

well excuse me mr.perfect speller....all i was saying is don't tell me I'm being stupid for trying to figure out who Buffalo has a real shot at..I didn't know Baltimore's numbers...this post was more of what I was looking for to say why Buffalo actually would have a chance at Brown...your other post was just BS banter trying to make yourself look more important.

I dont like the idea of paying big bucks to the OL in free agency -- Dockery, Walker -- when you can draft one early, plug him in, and he can play at a Probowl level -- Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady, Marcus McNiel, Jake Long -- Those are all LTs, a much harder position to excell at than center, but they are great players with 3 years or less experience. Simply Draft the best center we can in the second, and I think our problem is solved. But then again, this is the Bills scouting department here....