If Jim Kelly is right and a new stadium in Niagara Falls

Facts? what facts are you giving me that supports your theory a new stadium isn't going to happen because all I see is your opinion and I think you are wrong.

Show me where im wrong then DOG?

Please!

How do you propose to pay for a $800M project? Dont tell me taxpayers! The taxpayers are struggling to support garbage pick up and medical supplies for the area county Hospitals so that isnt an answer.

Your therory was that a dome would generate additional events during the year and I blew that out of the water with "fact" not therory. So please support your ideas with something of substance.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An owner would certainly need to put in at least 200M for a new stadium. You would need the NFL to put in probably another 200M and then the taxpayers another 200M. You can build a stadium here for 5-600M....but again you can NOT saddle the taxpayers with another 5-600M for a stadium. I just do not and can not see it happening anytime soon as much as we really do need a more updated stadium. It is (in terms of the physical plant) in the bottom ten of the league.

Realistically though the main thing that makes the Bills profitable is that they do not pay anything for the stadium. I, like others would love to have a retractable roof dome downtown, functional and available for other events. You would be able to bring in other events, however, still not at a big enough rate to offset the costs.

There will be a time soon, though, where something will need to be done as it is I believe one of the 5 oldest stadiums in the league.

Downtown Buffalo or NF are much better sites and closer to the So Ontario contingent than OP. When you draw a dot on Buffalo and draw a 60-70 mile circle you have one of the biggest markets in North America (remember Tor-Buf-Chester is the 5th biggest megapolis in North America) So although Buffalo itself is small at about 1.1M, if you add in a realistic population within 60 miles that is a very big market.

Please explain this to me.... You claim that being closer to the border will bring more revenues, HOWEVER, you fail to account for PAYING for an $800,000,000 stadium vs the FREE Ralph Wilson Stadium. The Bills currently sell out most to or close to MOST games now. PLEASE explain to me where your "INCREASED REVENUES" idea has ANY validity....

Jim does NOT have a clue. HE threw footballs for a living. Thomas Golisano has a clue he build a BILLION dollar business from his garage.

For all of you who THINK the Bills will have a new stadium, im sorry to piss on your snowman but it will NEVER happen. SORRY, END OF STORY. We cant even build one here in Atlanta where we have 20 times the people (6 million) whos earning per capita average is 4 times higher than Buffalo. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

uhmmmm...metro area population ATL 5 million vs 1.2 = 4 times as many people. Atlanta's city population isnt even double what Buffalo's is. Back to social studies class for you. Atlanta city pop==~ 400,000 Buffalo's is ~ 285,000

ATL metro area according to US census was 4.2 million in 2000....I know its growing--so we'll give you 5,000,000

Buffalo is at slightly under 1.2 million. Only metro Tokyo and metro Mexico City have 20x the population of metro Buffalo.

BUT- I do agree with you about the stadium funding.

Guest dog14787
Show me where im wrong then DOG?

Please!

How do you propose to pay for a $800M project? Dont tell me taxpayers! The taxpayers are struggling to support garbage pick up and medical supplies for the area county Hospitals so that isnt an answer.

Your therory was that a dome would generate additional events during the year and I blew that out of the water with "fact" not therory. So please support your ideas with something of substance.

What draws people to a city to live, work or to invest is based largely on what the City and the surrounding area has to offer.

Do you think things will get better in Buffalo by standing around and doing nothing?

Sooner or later we will build a new stadium, you can count on it. :lol:

uhmmmm...metro area population ATL 5 million vs 1.2 = 4 times as many people. Atlanta's city population isnt even double what Buffalo's is. Back to social studies class for you. Atlanta city pop==~ 400,000 Buffalo's is ~ 285,000

ATL metro area according to US census was 4.2 million in 2000....I know its growing--so we'll give you 5,000,000

Buffalo is at slightly under 1.2 million. Only metro Tokyo and metro Mexico City have 20x the population of metro Buffalo.

BUT- I do agree with you about the stadium funding.

Heres the facts on Atlanta...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_of_Atlanta

Heres the facts on Buffalo...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo,_New_York

I think my facts were skewed by "region" vs "proper"

But yes youre right also... Never gonna happen...

I wonder about the chances of building a 2 level concourse around the whole or maybe half of the stadium. part on one side part on the other?

Id rather have a DE like Peppers, a TE like Tony Gonzalez, a new Center, and A WR like TJ WHOSEYERMAMMA.

Can we get all of that for $20M?

The two aren't related. And, by the time the Bills get a new stadium, none of those guys will still play in the NFL.

EDIT: Actually, I take back the first comment. The two may be related. The only way to get a new stadium, and to fill it, is to win...so getting quality players probably helps the case of a new stadium.

Heres the facts on Atlanta...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_of_Atlanta

Heres the facts on Buffalo...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo,_New_York

I think my facts were skewed by "region" vs "proper"

But yes youre right also... Never gonna happen...

I wonder about the chances of building a 2 level concourse around the whole or maybe half of the stadium. part on one side part on the other?

yeah--800,000,000 from Buffalo..hehe--lets just take it out of the reserve fund from erie county..lol

Put a compus point on Niagara Falls and all of a sudden you have one of the larger metro areas in the NFL within a 60 mile radius. Since we are talking Social Studies, time for some Math.

OK smarty pants... now take that compass and move it 15 miles south and you have the same thing except its $800M cheaper!

What youre describing is exactly whet the bills marketing department targets anyway.

Either way do we really want more canadians at the games? Have you been to a Leafs / Sabres game?