Percy Harvin

After 2nite's game, I am willing to that most of Bills Nation will be screaming for Percy Harvin.

think about this...... Harvin is a WR/RB hybrid with all world speed. Our fearless leader, Trent, likes to check down to his RB, our OC loves to put the RB out into the slot WR position. Our backup RB was a big part of the passing game this year. Harvin is like Reggie Bush without all the hype, I think Harvin is for real.

Fred Jackson is a UFA this offseason. You gotta know that scouts around the league realize this guy can start at RB on alot of teams.

I love Jackson, he just isnt the type of RB that screams "change of pace runningback". I love how Jackson runs. It reminds me of Marshawn Lynch. Too much. Think Lendale White/Chris Johnson of the Titans or Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, Deuce and Reggie, Jacobs and Bradshaw, Larry Johnson and Anthony Aldridge. I want the Buffalo version of Smash"n"Dash!!!!

This guy PERFECTED the scatback/Wildcat formation.

Almost all of you will agree that thie biggest thing this offense lacks is a true gamebreaker. I mean, Lee will burn you deep but hasnt been too impressive in the RAC area. Lynch wont break 50yd TDs like Adrian Peterson. Roscoe, to say the least, has been diappointing in the passing game. Reed's steadyness is his greatest strength, but that TD in St. Luis was his 1st in 2 yrs. Hardy needs time to develop but will never be a gamebreaker.

You can say " draft Crabtree if he drops" or take a chance on Maclin. Some of you think that Jermain Gresham is the key. HARVIN is the playmaker this team is aching for!

And He benches 375lbs+!!!!!!

Lets start a movement.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After 2nite's game, I am willing to that most of Bills Nation will be screaming for Percy Harvin.

think about this...... Harvin is a WR/RB hybrid with all world speed. Our fearless leader, Trent, likes to check down to his RB, our OC loves to put the RB out into the slot WR position. Our backup RB was a big part of the passing game this year. Harvin is like Reggie Bush without all the hype, I think Harvin is for real.

Fred Jackson is a UFA this offseason. You gotta know that scouts around the league realize this guy can start at RB on alot of teams.

I love Jackson, he just isnt the type of RB that screams "change of pace runningback". I love how Jackson runs. It reminds me of Marshawn Lynch. Too much. Think Lendale White/Chris Johnson of the Titans or Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, Deuce and Reggie, Jacobs and Bradshaw, Larry Johnson and Anthony Aldridge. I want the Buffalo version of Smash"n"Dash!!!!

Almost all of you will agree that thie biggest thing this offense lacks is a true gamebreaker. I mean, Lee will burn you deep but hasnt been too impressive in the RAC area. Lynch wont break 50yd TDs like Adrian Peterson. Roscoe, to say the least, has been diappointing in the passing game. Reed's steadyness is his greatest strength, but that TD in St. Luis was his 1st in 2 yrs. Hardy needs time to develop but will never be a gamebreaker.

You can say " draft Crabtree if he drops" or take a chance on Maclin. Some of you think that Jermain Gresham is the key. HARVIN is the playmaker this team is aching for!

Lets start a movement.

Really? On a team with so many needs you want us to draft a RB? Especially when we have Lynch? A guy who will be lucky to get just 10 touches a game? Come on now...thats like using a first round pick to draft a punt returner...

We need a DE, C, TE, QB, LB WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY more than a RB. Since you mention how dink and donk Trent is, why not draft a stud QB who can get the ball down field rather than a player that will continue to encourage our "deer in the headlights" QB to just check it down and dump off again?

Really? On a team with so many needs you want us to draft a RB? Especially when we have Lynch? A guy who will be lucky to get just 10 touches a game? Come on now...thats like using a first round pick to draft a punt returner...

We need a DE, C, TE, QB, LB WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY more than a RB. Since you mention how dink and donk Trent is, why not draft a stud QB who can get the ball down field rather than a player that will continue to encourage our "deer in the headlights" QB to just check it down and dump off again?

He can return punts too.

He can return punts too.

Then lets get him because we dont have a single player on our team that can return punts worth a darn other than just 3 of the best in the whole league in McGee, Leodis, and Parrish (who is paid over $4 mil to really just return punts)

And He benches 375lbs+!!!!!!

Lets start a movement.

Yeah and they'll be screaming for Brandon Spikes (LB, Florida), Jermaine Gresham (TE, Oklahoma), Duke Robinson (OG, Oklahoma), Juaquin Iglesias (WR, Oklahoma), Phil Loadholt (OT, Oklahoma), Trent Williams (OT, Oklahoma), Demarcus Grainger (DT, Oklahoma), Tim Tebow (QB, Florida), and Lord knows who else after this game. They might even be screaming for Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops to take over for Jauron :rolleyes: Harvin is definitely an impact player though.

Harvin is going to be a wide receiver in the NFL, not a running back. If we take him at #11, it means we think he could supplant Lee Evans as our #1, not Fred Jackson as our backup RB. Who is a restricted free agent and very likely to be retained.

I agree with this statement. I think he has the opportunity to be our Wes Welker. Roscoe is not a very good WR. Maybe we can trade roscoe and draft this guy....

What round will he go in?

I agree with this statement. I think he has the opportunity to be our Wes Welker. Roscoe is not a very good WR. Maybe we can trade roscoe and draft this guy....

What round will he go in?

Top half of the 1st.

Is he not a playmaker? Does our offense not lack playmakers?

You can lead a blogger to knowledge but you cant make him think.

Here's a news flash for you.....

Draft a defensive End @ 11 : Orakpo wont fall to us. Last year Michael Johnson was projected a 3rd rounder. He had a less than awesome senior year but still finds himself somehow projected to go in the 1st. Why you ask? because this draft class sux at Defensive End. Particularly if you want a pass rusher who fits the 4-3 scheme. E. Brown is a reach @ 11 and a dumb one at that. Most likely, as history suggests, we will bring in some washed up, 2nd tier, DE in FA that Chris Brown will put a spin on worthy of the Obama campaign and the world will be saved. Sound familiar?

Drafting any Tight End in this class @ 11 or in the 1st round for that matter is a mistake even OBD wont make. We seriously dropped the ball last year in not drafting a worthy TE. Last years class was sick. And we f-ed up. Sound familair?

Draft a LB @ 11? Not good either. Curry is the best defensive player in the draft and there is a host of teams that pick before us that will jump on him in a heartbeat. Rey Mauluaga is a 3-4 LB. And our fanbase would collectively crap itself if we moved the highky overated POZ to OLB and brought in Spikes. Laurenitis is this year's Dan Connor. Plus we will either re-sign Crowell or bank the farm on Bowen.

Alex Mack @ 11 is too early for a center. He's awesome but guys like A.Q. Shipley and Jon Luigis will be around in the 3rd where centers usaully go.

Draft a DB like Mays or Jenkins or even Monroe? plausable with this coaching staff.

That leaves the drafting of a playmaker like Harvin, Maclin or Heyward-Bey(second round steal) as the most logical option.

Yeah Harvin is most definitely a stud, it's too bad he's not a need. I'm a Gator fan but tonight I'll paying close attention to Gresham. He may indeed be worth the hype. I also know that a lot here aren't fond of Tebow but the guy's a natural leader and plays well in big games.

Tebow At Tight End/ 3rd string QB would inpress me but not in the first 3 rounds.

Living in Florida, I have watched Percy all year long. Unless he can put pressure on the opposing QB, snap the ball to the QB and block, fill the need at TE or start at Linebacker, I sure hope the Bills aren't looking his way, this year.

Is he not a playmaker? Does our offense not lack playmakers?

You can lead a blogger to knowledge but you cant make him think.

Here's a news flash for you.....

Draft a defensive End @ 11 : Orakpo wont fall to us. Last year Michael Johnson was projected a 3rd rounder. He had a less than awesome senior year but still finds himself somehow projected to go in the 1st. Why you ask? because this draft class sux at Defensive End. Particularly if you want a pass rusher who fits the 4-3 scheme. E. Brown is a reach @ 11 and a dumb one at that. Most likely, as history suggests, we will bring in some washed up, 2nd tier, DE in FA that Chris Brown will put a spin on worthy of the Obama campaign and the world will be saved. Sound familiar?

Drafting any Tight End in this class @ 11 or in the 1st round for that matter is a mistake even OBD wont make. We seriously dropped the ball last year in not drafting a worthy TE. Last years class was sick. And we f-ed up. Sound familair?

Draft a LB @ 11? Not good either. Curry is the best defensive player in the draft and there is a host of teams that pick before us that will jump on him in a heartbeat. Rey Mauluaga is a 3-4 LB. And our fanbase would collectively crap itself if we moved the highky overated POZ to OLB and brought in Spikes. Laurenitis is this year's Dan Connor. Plus we will either re-sign Crowell or bank the farm on Bowen.

Alex Mack @ 11 is too early for a center. He's awesome but guys like A.Q. Shipley and Jon Luigis will be around in the 3rd where centers usaully go.

Draft a DB like Mays or Jenkins or even Monroe? plausable with this coaching staff.

That leaves the drafting of a playmaker like Harvin, Maclin or Heyward-Bey(second round steal) as the most logical option.

Good points. Maybe we should never, ever draft a blocker or a DL. It makes more sense to go with 2 first round defensive backs and 2 first round running backs in 4 years.

Agreed, he will be a WR at the Pro Level and I think he will be a very good one. I was thinking of this guy before your post as well. You need to all see his highlights on Youtube. The kid is unreal and while yes, we do have other vital needs, I would not be disappointed if we traded down a few spots to gain some extra picks and snag this guy with a mid round pick if he was still available with our first round choice. We failed to find a #2 receiver this past season and it probably cost Edwards some development. I wouldn't mind the TE from Oklahoma with our first round pick either. I know we need an impact DE but our offense is horrible and we need to acquire a top TE and #2 receiver sooner rather then later. I also like Spikes from Florida as a LB for us but only if we drop down in the draft and some of the other guys mentioned above are gone. I get nervous about taking a DE so high in the first round. Jacksonville has done that twice recently and so far it hasn't looked so good. LB's are usually a safer bet but I still prefer to address offense first this offseason.......AND IN A BIG WAY. WE NEED SOME DAMN GAMEBREAKERS!!!

Harvin is going to be a wide receiver in the NFL, not a running back. If we take him at #11, it means we think he could supplant Lee Evans as our #1, not Fred Jackson as our backup RB. Who is a restricted free agent and very likely to be retained.

Tebow At Tight End/ 3rd string QB would inpress me but not in the first 3 rounds.

instead of TE--more of an H-back, he can run and catch from that position. just a thought, but we shouldn't have a discussion about him untill next draft.