It's Snowing...

Lazy flakes.  You can just about smell the hockey in the air.  Three hours to go.

At Center, # 23, from Anchorage, Alaska...

SCOTTY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoMEZ!

Drop the puck!

91897[/snapback]

Yeah snow in Alaska. Like that never happens.

I tend to gravitate toward "Look At Me" threads, and this one sucked me right in. It's not quite up there with stevestojan asking how many running touchdowns we've had, or his buddy Hello Newman wondering who's hotter: Estelle Getty or Bea Arthur, but it's definitely a "Look At Me" thread.

Snow in Alaska, indeed.

Would someone please tell him there IS no hockey.

91986[/snapback]

But there IS hockey.

The AHL is going to be fun to watch with the influx of talent, and college hockey is always good. Then there are the second-tier minor leagues, like the ECHL, which has the Alaska Aces, and Scottie Gomez signed a deal with them and will be playing there.

Gomez in the ECHL... Talk about a "ringer," even with the National & American League guys in the 'E' this year, he should get a couple of points a night.

I tend to gravitate toward "Look At Me" threads, and this one sucked me right in.  It's not quite up there with stevestojan asking how many running touchdowns we've had, or his buddy Hello Newman wondering who's hotter: Estelle Getty or Bea Arthur, but it's definitely a "Look At Me" thread.

Snow in Alaska, indeed.

91986[/snapback]

Who the !@#$ is Scotty Gomez? Is he related to you? :wub:

"He shoots, He scores!! free taco's for everybody!!!!" :lol::(

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: AD...I like you and your takes and all but There is no Hockey unless the Sabres are playing.......No offense dude...but this is a sore subject

92020[/snapback]

Yeah, no offense AD, and here is my middle finger to show my sincerity! :(

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: AD...I like you and your takes and all but There is no Hockey unless the Sabres are playing.......No offense dude...but this is a sore subject

92020[/snapback]

I love the minors. The regular season games are FAR more interesting than NHL (with the exception of rivalry games like Sabres/Toronto, Colorado/Detroit, etc). When I was a kid we went to watch the Amerks play regularly and occasionally a few of the players skated on the outdoor rinks with us.

I'm kind of glad the NHL is off. The game needs an enema.

BTW, the Aces won 3-2 in a shootout. Scotty was a little rusty but scored a shootout goal that kept us in it (he was the 5th shooter and if he didn't score, we'd have lost) and had an assist. He had another assist waved off because the officials correctly called offsides.

It was a magical night, one of those you remember forever. He got a long ovation when he was introduced - probably 2.5 minutes or so. Deafening.

How were the arena hot pockets and budweisers ?  :)

92126[/snapback]

I never eat at the arena - too expensive. It's my little protest. The at least have Red Hook to go along with the normal choices of the stevestojantty American mass produced garbage they call beer.

I never eat at the arena - too expensive.  It's my little protest.  The at least have Red Hook to go along with the normal choices of the stevestojantty American mass produced garbage they call beer.

92225[/snapback]

Sooo, you never eat at the arena, but you do drink the Red Hook? Sounds like a personal problem to me. Do you ofter forego food for spirits? There are programs to help you son.