Strange play by Eagles punt returner

bbb

He had a real nice game, but he had a runback when the game was still in doubt......He's charging up the sidelines and the only guy he has to beat is the punter (from what I can tell) - at the very least he had a ton of yardage he could have had if he beats the punter or more likely runs right over him.......Yet, he ran right out of bounds without any contact. Made no sense, and I bet that Vikes punter was very relieved. It almost really hurt the Eagles, too because then McNabb fumbled.

He had a real nice game, but he had a runback when the game was still in doubt......He's charging up the sidelines and the only guy he has to beat is the punter (from what I can tell) - at the very least he had a ton of yardage he could have had if he beats the punter or more likely runs right over him.......Yet, he ran right out of bounds without any contact. Made no sense, and I bet that Vikes punter was very relieved. It almost really hurt the Eagles, too because then McNabb fumbled.

I saw that, and kind of figured it was a safe way to finish the PR. Didn't Philly have a 9-point lead at the time?

The same guy, Desean Jackson, did a really stupid thing in the game - he ended up out of bounds on the Vikes side, and he was yapping at Brad Childress. Not usually a good idea.

The same guy, Desean Jackson, did a really stupid thing in the game - he ended up out of bounds on the Vikes side, and he was yapping at Brad Childress. Not usually a good idea.

I believe it was the same play. What a fool.

I thought the same thing.....you can't just go out of bounds in front of the punter.......pretty lame, IMO.

I saw that, and kind of figured it was a safe way to finish the PR. Didn't Philly have a 9-point lead at the time?

A little too safe, I think........You don't want to take on the punter? And, probably go for a TD? at the least, he had 5-10 more yards..........And, that 9 point lead didn't look so great when McNabb fumbled a few plays later.

He did take the easy way out, but he would have been down either way and wouldn't have gained much more. All Jackson could have done was put his helmet down and barrel into the punter, but he wouldn't have gone anywhere. There was another defender that was even with the punter, but was 2 yards towards the middle of the field and closing fast.

Also don't forget that the punter is 40lbs heavier and has 6 inches on Jackson, who is smaller (5'10 175lbs) than Roscoe.

He had a good game with 110yds on punt returns with a 34yd catch and a great rookie year.

He did take the easy way out, but he would have been down either way and wouldn't have gained much more. All Jackson could have done was put his helmet down and barrel into the punter, but he wouldn't have gone anywhere. There was another defender that was even with the punter, but was 2 yards towards the middle of the field and closing fast.

Also don't forget that the punter is 40lbs heavier and has 6 inches on Jackson, who is smaller (5'10 175lbs) than Roscoe.

He had a good game with 110yds on punt returns with a 34yd catch and a great rookie year.

Yeah, if he had cut back he might have gotten an extra 5 yards but that would have been it...considering the guy was coming from an angle, I'm sure Jackson saw him and figured 30 yards or whatever it was, was better than 35 yards and the possibility of a fumble.