The new bin Laden tape

He's blaming AQ for the deaths of the Iraqi Nat. Guardsmen. If we had not gone after AQ, they would have never gone afte the Iraqi Nat. Guardsmen. He clearly believes we should have never gone after AQ because it was liking hitting a bees nest with a bat. That's the way I interpreted his comments. Clearly we were better off just leaving them alone.

There also seems to be this pretty solid thought process from some that more troops in Afghanistan would have been the answer to killing bin Laden,  and that killing bin Laden obviously ends the war on terror. There is so much more to this war on terror and to personify it with a guy in a hole is just clearly showing the world how little we understand what is happening.

92189[/snapback]

Then to follow your logic, i.e. killing the leader (OBL) won't end the war on terror, you've just reinforced OBL's point in the video that it doesn't matter who leads here either.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read this thread you'd see it was LGB who started this train of thought in favor of Kerry.  Of course I wouldn't expect you to hold the same opinion of a fellow lib doing the same thing you accuse me of.

Why deny the fact that AQ, other islamic terrorists, and Iraqi insurgents would receive an incredible moral victory from seeing Bush defeated?  I thought you libs were the eagles and we were the ostriches?  Seems like you guys are the ostriches when it comes to terrorism.  I guess you'll morph into whatever you think you need to be, issue-by-issue, in order to win an election.

92142[/snapback]

So that is your response, that you aren't the only one? Here you are, making the argument again for the umpteenth time. Don't blame others for your foolishness. This not even close to the first time you have engaged in this ridiculous inquiry. You empower him and his followers by listening to him and trying to use him to get votes. It is painful to watch people let themselves be used by our worst enemy. The reason he makes these tapes is the same reason he kills innocent people, to influence us and our policy in the middle east. When it comes to influencing you, he is pretty successful as he is with everyone, right and left, who insists on entertaining this inquiry.

He knows his comments will be presumed as a condemnation of Bush. Thus, the public will think he wants him out. Therefore, the public votes for Bush. End result... Bin Laden played us like a cheap violin. He loves the fact that Bush  took troops away from his bums in Afgahnastan to persue a political war in Iraq (Saddam rejected him). He loves the fact he has been able to run free and plot against us because Dumb Dubya has a vendetta against Saddam. Americans... WAKE UP!!!! Al Qaeda is our ENEMY. Fire the inept "W". and let's get on with the fight!!

Enter a new era for America next week. A Military Administration with War Vets, a Nato commander, and proven economic strategists are on the way... The chicken hawks and excuse makers and their spin are .... "Fired"

92051[/snapback]

Silly little boy......wake up please.

Then to follow your logic, i.e. killing the leader (OBL) won't end the war on terror, you've just reinforced OBL's point in the video that it doesn't matter who leads here either.

92200[/snapback]

darn it, just when you say something that makes a little sense, and I think I can finally praise you, you then turn around and show us all your nuttyness again.

First you said "that killing UBL won't end the war on terror". Correct good girl, you got soemthing right.

But then you ended by saying that it really doesn't matter who leads here.....well sorry dear it most definately does matter. To lead, you need to be a leader.....that alone leaves kerry out of the mix. No only would he not lead.....he would barely even react if we were attacked again, here or elsewhere in the world. Proof of that is the fact that he could not even find a good reason to vote for the 1991 Gulf War when saddam invaded one of our allies.

But nice try sweety, being 50% correct is a 100% improvement for you.

darn it, just when you say something that makes a little sense, and I think I can finally praise you, you then turn around and show us all your nuttyness again.

First you said "that killing UBL won't end the war on terror". Correct good girl, you got soemthing right.

But then you ended by saying that it really doesn't matter who leads here.....well sorry dear it most definately does matter. To lead, you need to be a leader.....that alone leaves kerry out of the mix. No only would he not lead.....he would barely even react if we were attacked again, here or elsewhere in the world. Proof of that is the fact that he could not even find a good reason to vote for the 1991 Gulf War when saddam invaded one of our allies.

But nice try sweety, being 50% correct is a 100% improvement for you.

92232[/snapback]

Your opinion only. Why is it that changing leaders THERE changes nothing but here it does? Again, Bush doesn't scare them. It's pretty obvious we can't even win the peace in a little pissant country like Iraq. Why be scared of us? How many times have we tried to take Fallujah against the "handful" of resistance? Hmmmmm?

Then again, why change horsemen mid-Apocalypse?

Your opinion only.  Why is it that changing leaders THERE changes nothing but here it does?  Again, Bush doesn't scare them.  It's pretty obvious we can't even win the peace in a little pissant country like Iraq.  Why be scared of us?  How many times have we tried to take Fallujah against the "handful" of resistance?  Hmmmmm? 

92243[/snapback]

Just out of curiosity, Blz...if Bush doesn't scare them, then why release a new tape? Why not let things go as they are since, as you state above on our repeated attacks in Fallujah, that bin Laden is apparently winning the war on terror? Exactly why would they do something like that? Especially if, as you say, they aren't scared of us while we keep blowing their asses up over and over in places like Fallujah where we keep hitting them, keep hitting them, keep hitting them. And what is his response? "If you leave us alone, we'll leave you alone."

Sounds like he's scared sshitless to me. Sounds like his reasoning is that if he pops up on video a week before the election, people will think that Bush isn't doing his job and as a result we will do what bin Laden wants; have American vote a reactive kitty into the oval office instead of a person who takes the fight to the terrorists.

In all honestly, all he's done is remind everyone what happened three years ago and that there is more work to be done and it needs to be done; work that requires iron balls, not some pussified version of a person who says we need to pass some type of global test before we react. Not a man who can't even make a solid decision and stick with that decision once he realizes there's more to be had from pandering.

Your candidate is by far the most pussified candidate since Clinton when it comes to matters of this nature. I suggest he step aside and let the a real president handle this. If he gets a chance to show up in the Senate anytime soon, maybe he can finally work on some decent legislation that will help the cause.

JK has had 20 years in the Senate and accomplished nothing...He's a panderer and a man of low integrety...but i guess since he has a plan for everything you mental midgets line up. Get a clue.

92028[/snapback]

Could you do me a favor, let me know what Bush has been doing for the last 20 years. Outside of executing retarded people that is.

I keep hearing about Kerry's record for the last 20 years. I'd love to know what GW was doing 20 years ago.

Careful when you open the closet, your skeleton's might fall out.

Could you do me a favor, let me know what Bush has been doing for the last 20 years.  Outside of executing retarded people that is.

I keep hearing about Kerry's record for the last 20 years.  I'd love to know what GW was doing 20 years ago.

92283[/snapback]

Let's see in his first year in office he got the first education reform (whether you care for NCLB or not) done in 70 years, even though every president before him promised to do something.

He got a new medicare system in place, again whether you like it or not, it is the first major change in 40 years. Of course this was after Hilary Clinton promised to do it for 8 years and never accomplished anything.

Again whether you like the program changes or not, he got some of the things he promised to do, done quickly. He still has to hold up his promise of reforming Social Security but that kind of took a back burner to the war on terror.

So that is your response, that you aren't the only one? Here you are, making the argument again for the umpteenth time. Don't blame others for your foolishness. This not even close to the first time you have engaged in this ridiculous inquiry.

This is the third thread I have used this logic and two times were in response to libs. Far fewer than umpteen times. And in every case my opinion has been factual -- like it or not. Are you saying that we won't see videos of extremists dancing in the streets in the Middle-East should Kerry be elected? Kerry's flip-flopping on Iraq set us up for this. The man is a weak-kneed follower.

You empower him and his followers by listening to him and trying to use him to get votes. It is painful to watch people let themselves be used by our worst enemy. The reason he makes these tapes is the same reason he kills innocent people, to influence us and our policy in the middle east. When it comes to influencing you, he is pretty successful as he is with everyone, right and left, who insists on entertaining this inquiry.

Hmmm, pre-UBL tape I was voting for Bush, post-UBL tape I'm voting for Bush. Pre-tape I commented that a Kerry win would be perceived as a success for AQ, post-tape I say the same thing. Don't quite see how I'm being influenced.

Let's see in his first year in office he got the first education reform (whether you care for NCLB or not) done in 70 years, even though every president before him promised to do something. 

He got a new medicare system in place, again whether you like it or not, it is the first major change in 40 years.  Of course this was after Hilary Clinton promised to do it for 8 years and never accomplished anything. 

Again whether you like the program changes or not, he got some of the things he promised to do, done quickly.  He still has to hold up his promise of reforming Social Security but that kind of took a back burner to the war on terror.

92293[/snapback]

That's all very nice but you didn't answer my question. :)

Your opinion only.  Why is it that changing leaders THERE changes nothing but here it does?  Again, Bush doesn't scare them.  It's pretty obvious we can't even win the peace in a little pissant country like Iraq.  Why be scared of us?  How many times have we tried to take Fallujah against the "handful" of resistance?  Hmmmmm? 

92243[/snapback]

oh come on, are you really that disconnected????

We are not comparing replacing a leader here with a leader there. When we kill UBL it will be just one more of the terrorists who have been killed. Many more will remain, and many more will need to be killed.

By replacing the leader here, we will be saying to the enemy, "sorry we will play nicer now.......see we just put an appeaser, military hating, did nothing senator in office. Once the exodus of quality people hits our fine military, the mission will almost be complete for our enemy. With just a little more help from kerry and his pals at the UN, and within the next 4 years, the terrorists will have a seat of their own and a voice at the UN.

Just out of curiosity, Blz...if Bush doesn't scare them, then why release a new tape? Why not let things go as they are since, as you state above on our repeated attacks in Fallujah, that bin Laden is apparently winning the war on terror? Exactly why would they do something like that? Especially if, as you say, they aren't scared of us while we keep blowing their asses up over and over in places like Fallujah where we keep hitting them, keep hitting them, keep hitting them. And what is his response? "If you leave us alone, we'll leave you alone."

Sounds like he's scared sshitless to me. Sounds like his reasoning is that if he pops up on video a week before the election, people will think that Bush isn't doing his job and as a result we will do what bin Laden wants; have American vote a reactive kitty into the oval office instead of a person who takes the fight to the terrorists.

In all honestly, all he's done is remind everyone what happened three years ago and that there is more work to be done and it needs to be done; work that requires iron balls, not some pussified version of a person who says we need to pass some type of global test before we react. Not a man who can't even make a solid decision and stick with that decision once he realizes there's more to be had from pandering.

Your candidate is by far the most pussified candidate since Clinton when it comes to matters of this nature. I suggest he step aside and let the a real president handle this. If he gets a chance to show up in the Senate anytime soon, maybe he can finally work on some decent legislation that will help the cause.

92255[/snapback]

hey Paco, I am no fan of clinton...that is well known, but at least he did lob a few towards UBL in his day. I would say that kerry is much more like the peanut man. they both hate our military, and they both want the Un to rule the world.

The worst of the whole OBL tape thing is that our dedicated National

Security Advisor had to cease her campaigning for the Chimp in Chief and actually pay some attention to national security.

Boy I feel safer already. :)

Translation;  "You didnt tell me what I wanted to hear (Bush Bad) so therefore you didnt answer my question and will NEVER answer my question until you say those two lovely words."

92315[/snapback]

Your partisan translator is working fine, you refused to read what he wrote.

"I keep hearing about Kerry's record for the last 20 years. I'd love to know what GW was doing 20 years ago."

Don't suppose you want to answer that question.

-- in the unrelated note: You can't possibly proud of Bush's policy education and medicare policy disasters. Each is an embarrassment. Hence, they barely register as Bush campaign issues. Very few Rs who voted for those absurd bills will even discuss them.

Kind of fits the theme of: Firm, resolute and astonishingly wrong.

Could you do me a favor, let me know what Bush has been doing for the last 20 years.  Outside of executing retarded people that is.

I keep hearing about Kerry's record for the last 20 years.  I'd love to know what GW was doing 20 years ago.

92283[/snapback]

I would say fixing the retirement contribution system (Roth/401K) was a very significant contribution that was long overdue (system hadn't changed since 1981). Of course, that's about it on the positive front.

I would say fixing the retirement contribution system (Roth/401K) was a very significant contribution that was long overdue (system hadn't changed since 1981).  Of course, that's about it on the positive front.

92346[/snapback]

Thanks,

Forgot about that.

BTW, darwood, explain to me how at least attempting to fix education and healthcare for senior wasn't doing something.

Agree or disagree that what was done was good or bad, but at least it was something.

hey Paco, I am no fan of clinton...that is well known, but at least he did lob a few towards UBL in his day. I would say that kerry is much more like the peanut man. they both hate our military, and they both want the Un to rule the world.

92323[/snapback]

I see your point. All Clinton did, though, was piss into a volcano, which is close to doing nothing as you can get without actually doing anything. Kerry, I fear, will just stand around saying "Oooo, what's that stuff oozing out of the volcano..."

Is there any chance that we can stop citing Drudge as a source? That website is like the blind squirrel. Even worse, when it does get a story kind of right, it puts more spin on it than the Enquirer.

If Cronkite said that at all, he said it sarcastically, acknowledging that the timing of the OBL tape was good for Bush (which it is), and also giving a little back-handed credit to the genius of Karl Rove.