Ed Reed

bills44

Reed is better by far

thats the problem with Pennington, he can manage a game but will struggle if he has to do it on his own

Dunno....I think it's pretty close. I say that Polamalu is a shade better - Pittsburgh needs him to do more than Baltimore needs Reed.

Both are very good. Palo is a great run defender and disrupts the offense all over the field. Reed is simply one of the best ball defender against the pass I have ever seen. No sure how either would be in our play to lose scheme.

about as good as donte whitner...

I remember in Reed's last year playing for those overrated Canes teams he made one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen on a ballfield, nearly costing miami one of their "national championships" <guffaws>.

Now he's one of the smartest, savviest most instinctive players on the planet. :D

I remember in Reed's last year playing for those overrated Canes teams he made one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen on a ballfield, nearly costing miami one of their "national championships" <guffaws>.

Now he's one of the smartest, savviest most instinctive players on the planet. :D

so you're in the Polamalu camp?

Ed Reed is scary good.

So is Troy Polamalu.

The comparison is not fair because Reed palys FS and Polamalu plays SS, Reed plays deep centre field, Polamalu plays closer to the line and is moved around a lot.

That said, my preference is Reed, his range and closing speed is second to none. He's a ballhawk with unbelivable skills. I absolutely love to watch him play.

so you're in the Polamalu camp?

I'd call it 6 of one, half-dozen of the other; maybe Polamalu is a little more physical while Reed is a little more athletic.

They're both great players in their own right but they also both benefit greatly from hyper-agressive 3-4 defenses that create loads of opportunities for them. While they both have the great awareness to create opportunities for themselves where they truly excel is maximally capitalizing on opportunities they come across at various moments in the game.

I'd call it 6 of one, half-dozen of the other; maybe Polamalu is a little more physical while Reed is a little more athletic.

They're both great players in their own right but they also both benefit greatly from hyper-agressive 3-4 defenses that create loads of opportunities for them. While they both have the great awareness to create opportunities for themselves where they truly excel is maximally capitalizing on opportunities they come across at various moments in the game.

Yeah, can't really go wrong with either, IMO. I prefer Polamalu, though. Perhaps it's my anti-"The U" bias, though.

I like Reed. Just wondering if anybody would freak if Buffalo drafted Mays from USC.

I'd freak, but in a good way. DB is not a popular choice round here but I'd love him. Big time player who can play FS and be paired with Whitner, making each other better. What's not to like. That said DE is undoubtedly the bigger need.

Agree with everything in that post, Simon. Well said.