Anyone catch the ABC World News tonight (1/2)

bills44

They ran a story on the 2008 and 1958 FB teams. IMO, it was better than the OTL feature on ESPN (probably reached a wider audience as well)

I've always been pretty apathetic as far as UB Athletic Teams are concerned, but it's hard to not feel a sense of pride when you see stories about the '58 team.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

UB and the apathy was created because of the upheaval of the late 60's and it carried forward. I think it is changing know. I graduated in 1990... Just look at how unified even the design of the Amherst campus is now. That cultural and political upheaval of the late 1960's and the reaction to it did a lot to disunify the school... When the Amhest campus first came about, it was specifically designed to disunify the student body... Sports were downgraded... Every thing worked as planned. The school has been on the long road to repair those damages that were put in place to counter the climate created during the 1960's protest years.

Kinda sad, because UB is BFLO in a microcosm... It is great to see UB on the long road back... Just hope the city takes note!

Just my 2 cents.

I went to UB in the mid-late 70s. I was told that the reason football was dropped was that the hippies and other idiots back then thought it was too militaristic and the attendance was almost nothing when it was dropped in 1970.

I went to UB in the mid-late 70s. I was told that the reason football was dropped was that the hippies and other idiots back then thought it was too militaristic and the attendance was almost nothing when it was dropped in 1970.

...and you believed that explanation?

...and you believed that explanation?

It may have been one of the reason... And it did cause serious backlash with reagards to other things. The upheaval and protests wer also on the minds of the powers that be...

Ever wonder why the Amherst camous never had a Student Union till recently? Why the dorms were isolated far away from the Spine?... I even think you couldn't publically access the president's office either (secret elevator).

Really, the original plans for the Amherst campus were directly spawned from the protest years... The design was to divide and isolate the student body... They are finally starting to repair that.

Like I said, much like the city itself... Expressways just wisk one away from the city's nuumber one asset, the lake and river. Things sometimes work too well and do more harm. Just as the UB Amherst campus had to be redisigned, so does the city... From ground up!!

Sports are the number one thing that brings a school together... Dismantling that programs, spawns apathy and disunion.

It may have been one of the reason... And it did cause serious backlash with reagards to other things. The upheaval and protests wer also on the minds of the powers that be...

Ever wonder why the Amherst camous never had a Student Union till recently? Why the dorms were isolated far away from the Spine?... I even think you couldn't publically access the president's office either (secret elevator).

Really, the original plans for the Amherst campus were directly spawned from the protest years... The design was to divide and isolate the student body... They are finally starting to repair that.

Like I said, much like the city itself... Expressways just wisk one away from the city's nuumber one asset, the lake and river. Things sometimes work too well and do more harm. Just as the UB Amherst campus had to be redisigned, so does the city... From ground up!!

Sports are the number one thing that brings a school together... Dismantling that programs, spawns apathy and disunion.

I think it is more likely that it was the admin's reaction to the students (not to let them congregate on a large scale), than the admin giving into some students that thought it was too militaristic. Of course, the admin may have used that as a "reason". Even more likely it was budgets and a change in the mission of SUNY.

I think it is more likely that it was the admin's reaction to the students (not to let them congregate on a large scale), than the admin giving into some students that thought it was too militaristic. Of course, the admin may have used that as a "reason". Even more likely it was budgets and a change in the mission of SUNY.

I do to. Then they blamed it on the hippies, which Wacka seemingly buys. So really, it was the conservative movement even before there was a conservative movement. :wallbash::angry:

I do to. Then they blamed it on the hippies, which Wacka seemingly buys. So really, it was the conservative movement even before there was a conservative movement. :wallbash::angry:

Hippies piss me off. They talk about saving the world but all the do is smoke pot, smell bad, and drive cars that get poor gas mileage. I hate 'em. I just want to kick 'em square in the nuts!

Oh well, at least I still have a copy of Slayer: Reign in Blood to drive them away. Hippies hate death metal

Hippies piss me off. They talk about saving the world but all the do is smoke pot, smell bad, and drive cars that get poor gas mileage. I hate 'em. I just want to kick 'em square in the nuts!

Oh well, at least I still have a copy of Slayer: Reign in Blood to drive them away. Hippies hate death metal

I don't know who is funnier, you or Crayonz.

Hippies don't bother me generally... Except when they tell me how to throw my garbage away or what kind of light bulbs to use.

:wallbash:

Cartman kills me.

Hippies don't bother me generally... Except when they tell me how to throw my garbage away or what kind of light bulbs to use.

You really need to be more careful. One hippie becomes a giggling stoner. Two or three giggling stoners becomes a colony. Soon you'll have a drum circle. Next thing you know you'll have a hippie jam fest on your hands

You really need to be more careful. One hippie becomes a giggling stoner. Two or three giggling stoners becomes a colony. Soon you'll have a drum circle. Next thing you know you'll have a hippie jam fest on your hands

You can thank Arlo... :wallbash::angry:

You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and

they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,

they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them.

And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in

singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an

organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said

fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and

walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.