Who'd like to see Terrell Suggs in a Buffalo Uniform next year?

Magox

I believe our most pressing need is another pass rusher to go along side Aaron Schobel. The defense would be so much better all around if we had a strong pass rush. We would create more turnovers through interceptions, fumbles through sacks and a mind set from the opposing quarterbacks that they'd have to get rid of the ball quicker allowing more turnover and hurried opportunities. I would love to see Julius Peppers in Bills Uniform, but probably would be too much $$. Terrell Suggs would be very expensive as well, but if we can spend 7 million a year for Dockery, then I think we can splurge 8-9 million a year for a ferocious pass rusher like Suggs. Plus we could Cut Kelsay, that would free up some room and It would be a nice way for Ralph Wilson to show his commitment to winning since he dropped the ball on Jauron.

I doubt Suggs, Peppers, or Haynseworth even make it to free agency. Something realistic might be TE's LJ Smith or Owen Daniels and then a LB like Crowder or even bring back Crowell. Then get a veteran QB and a fullback like Heath Evans. In the draft, we could then go DE, C, and BPA in the 3rd.

I believe our most pressing need is another pass rusher to go along side Aaron Schobel. The defense would be so much better all around if we had a strong pass rush. We would create more turnovers through interceptions, fumbles through sacks and a mind set from the opposing quarterbacks that they'd have to get rid of the ball quicker allowing more turnover and hurried opportunities. I would love to see Julius Peppers in Bills Uniform, but probably would be too much $$. Terrell Suggs would be very expensive as well, but if we can spend 7 million a year for Dockery, then I think we can splurge 8-9 million a year for a ferocious pass rusher like Suggs. Plus we could Cut Kelsay, that would free up some room and It would be a nice way for Ralph Wilson to show his commitment to winning since he dropped the ball on Jauron.

Signing Suggs would go a hell of a long way towards making amends. Of course, that's exactly why they won't.

I'd love to see this as well--as you note, if we cut Kelsay's non-performing arse, that should free up $4-5 million in "cash to cap" since his contract wasn't too frontloaded and he gets that much per year. I also don't believe we have any major re-signings (tenders to keep Jackson and maybe Ellison and Preston (although perhaps not after Sunday) unless Ralph feels like keeping Fat Boy Peters happy, so we may be able to afford this (but then little else in FA). Folks also should keep in mind that the Ravens also have a pretty good number of their own coming up in FA (including Ray-Ray and Bart Scott), so can't afford to keep everyone. Do I think that this has a good shot at happening--no, but I don't think it's completely out of the question.

Are you kidding me? These players want to get paid; that's it.

As for Suggs though, why again would we want him? He's a 3-4 OLB-- he wouldn't work here as an end unless we changed the scheme, which we won't.

Originally coming out of college he was a Defensive End, and if you remember he was the premier pass rusher in college. So i don't see the transition being a difficult one.

Coached by Jauron? More idiotic decisions and inept management? Why? After what....8 years as a HC, Jauron is getting worse, not better.

People, please stop saying suggs isn't/can't play defensive end. If anyone remembers during the offseason with Suggs refusal to sign the franchise tag. It was because they wanted to give him the olb designation and he went on how he played more snaps at defensive end in a hand down alignment then he did playing the traditional 3-4 olb role. The Ravens routinely use Suggs in a 4-4 and 4-3 alignment at defensive end. He has plenty of experience at the position as someone noted he played dend in college as well. He would be a massive upgrade. Whether the Bills would actually get someone who can rush the passer over the useless sacks o sh-- we currently have is another matter.

Good luck trying to get any worth while FA to come here to Buffalo for a visit. Not only will this team be hard to sell to fans, but to sell it to worth while FA's.......not gonna happen. Who would want to play here? 3/4 of the guys we have now would rather play elsewhere......

Good luck trying to get any worth while FA to come here to Buffalo for a visit. Not only will this team be hard to sell to fans, but to sell it to worth while FA's.......not gonna happen. Who would want to play here? 3/4 of the guys we have now would rather play elsewhere......

No they wouldn't. They love Dick Jauron :beer:

Everyone on the team pretty much said they loved playing in the Toronto Sky Dome instead of Orchard Park....that tells me everything I need to know about the scrubs!

Really? Who?

Really Dean? Are you telling me you dont remember players on the Bills saying they were glad they played in the dome in Toronto?

I recall one or two complaints about the lack of support from the crowd and one or two remarks about not having to play outside.

I don't have any recall, "Everyone on the team pretty much said they loved playing in the Toronto Sky Dome instead of Orchard Park".

I recall one or two complaints about the lack of support from the crowd and one or two remarks about not having to play outside.

I don't have any recall, "Everyone on the team pretty much said they loved playing in the Toronto Sky Dome instead of Orchard Park".

To be fair. I remember Langston Walker, Stroud and Josh Reed making some comments along the lines of, how the weather in Orchard Park isn't really an advantage and they don't mind not playing in the elements.