"Are You Pumped For Year Four of Jauron?"

Lori

Are You Pumped For Year Four of Jauron?

Wasn’t Tuesday just a grand day to be a Bills fan when you all heard the news that Ralph Wilson was bringing back Jauron for at least another year. I’d say I was amazed, but I wasn’t. I had a sense that Ralph was bringing back Jauron because that’s what Ralph does - he takes the lazy, easy and cheap way and it’s one of the reasons why his team continues to be a laughingstock.

Ralph spoke of continuity. Screw continuity, especially when it’s in the form of three consecutive 7-9 records under Jauron. What is supposed to change this year? Maybe the Bills break the streak and go 8-8 and stay in the playoff chase a week longer in 2009. Though more realistically, they’re probably going to win fewer than seven games given the tough schedule they face next year.

Plenty more where that came from, if you haven't been reading "Ebenezer's" blog this season ...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sal, it feels like we’re stuck in the movie Groundhog Day, except none of us gets to sleep with Andie MacDowell at the end.

Comment by K-Gun Offense — December 31, 2008 @ 11:11 am"

:worthy:

this feels more like we're stuck in the move Deliverance...except after we're done squealing for the hillbilly, Ralph Wilson shoots US with the bow and arrow....

"Ralph spoke of continuity. Screw continuity, especially when it’s in the form of three consecutive 7-9 records under Jauron."

This is what I've been saying...continuity is a good thing if you're the Indianapolis Colts. It's a bad thing for this organization right now. Why continue the same plodding offense and defense that bends itself to the point of actually breaking?

If I was this successful in my job, I would have been fired a long time ago.

Dick will be gone by November next year, when the team is 2-8.

IMO, all Ralph's doing is setting him up like a milk can to be knocked down by the team's tough schedule and mediocre talent--and pushing the headache of another off-season shuffle one year futher into the future.

Hopefully, but if Ralph is not going to let Jauron go now, why would he do so in the middle of the season?

I'd like to think that if we get off to a 1-4 start or something similar, then Jauron is gone. I just don't see anything happening until the end of the season.

This guy is an idiot- they cover the team because they care so much about the fans.......what a bunch of BS. They cover the team so people will buy their rag of a newspaper. Any time the media act like they care about anyone (unless they know them personally) it is garbage. This is like talk radio/Jerry Sullivan BS- and I am not saying whether we should have kept Jauron or not, I am talking about this article.

Shanahan deserved to be fired? PLEASE. This guy either is an idiot or a fraud. Shanahan has put up a great record, has just two losing seasons and was in position to still have a shot at playoffs in the final week of the season, despite having SEVEN running backs on injured reserve. He has worked wonders with a very young QB. I'd take that guy in a second- his only problem is that he shouldn't be the GM as well.

Mangini has put up two winning seasons in his first three years as a head coach- he put up a winning season despite the mistake made by the franchise in trading for an old Brett Favre and not only giving away Pennington, but allowing him to go to a division for and letting him for with no compensation.

Whether we should have cut ties with Jauron or not is a matter of opinion- we shouldn't do it just because other owners fired their coaches. And as far as coaching style, Jauron needs to be Jauron, not somebody else.....personally, I'm not a fan of Lindy Rough.

If you don't want Jauron to win You aren't a Bills fan

Tell you the truth, I don't believe in firing people just to get rid of them, coaches or players- I believe in finding better people first then getting rid of coaches and players- Did Ralph do that? did Ralph reach out to two or three coaches who he was sure could do a better job and get shut down?- if that was what Ralph did then I agree with him, no sense in getting another loser just for the sake of change- or did Ralph decide to be lazy and stick to the comfortable, if that is the case the guy deserves no respect.

Hopefully, but if Ralph is not going to let Jauron go now, why would he do so in the middle of the season?

There's a lot of precedent for it from the bad old days. It's how Harvey Johnson, Jim Ringo, Hank Bullough and Marv came in.

I can see Ralph keeping Dick simply because he's not up to going through another front office shakeup right now. He can buy time and work into it slowly, putting off the heavy lifting for another year.

There's a lot of precedent for it from the bad old days. It's how Harvey Johnson, Jim Ringo, Hank Bullough and Marv came in.

I can see Ralph keeping Dick simply because he's not up to going through another front office shakeup right now. He can buy time and work into it slowly, putting off the heavy lifting for another year.

because he has "all the time in the world"?

Yup. In fact, I'm not on the "all about the contract extension" bandwagon. I truly believe that at his age, Ralph just doesn't want to deal with the thought of starting over yet again.

And how predictable: Adam thinks that yet another writer is an idiot.

Absolutely great article by Sal.

As I told him a couple of weeks ago, I'm glad the D&C and BuffNews are both letting their beat guys blog. It's good to finally know what the reporters closest to the team really think about what they're seeing, unconstrained by the boundaries of their normal job descriptions. Wilson and Gaughan have both uncorked some strong opinions in their recent live chats, as well. That's one line (the division between reporting and commentary) I don't mind seeing blur a little.

Shocker is it not...

Some of the best Articles I've read in 40 Years as a Bills Fan have come in the past 24 Hours...In some strange and sad way they made Me feel like part of a large Family who is mourning the loss of a loved one...I'm sad, angry, distraught...But so are a lot of other Folks who are smart, well informed, knowledgeable, and loyal to a fault...Just like Me... :worthy:

Yup. In fact, I'm not on the "all about the contract extension" bandwagon. I truly believe that at his age, Ralph just doesn't want to deal with the thought of starting over yet again.

If he stated his case as to why he thinks Jauron should be gone, thats fine- he is pandering to fans, acting like he gives a darn about them......and his comments about Shanahan and Mangini are completely off base

He's been stating his case against Jauron, both in public and in private, for a while now.

November 21:

Is Dick Jauron going to be the coach next year? My hunch is that even though nothing has been officially announced, he has signed a contract extension, probably for another three years, so yes, even if the Bills miss the playoffs for the ninth straight year and third in a row under Jauron, I think he’s still going to be the coach. Look, they’re going to miss the playoffs, that’s now a given to me, so if indeed Jauron has been extended, it will be another in a long line of blunders by the Bills’ front office. This was the final year of his original deal and what had he really proven, even when the Bills were 5-1 and the extension rumor first surfaced? The Bills should have waited ’til the end of the year and seen where the season had gone before negotiating a new contract. Now I fear the Bills are stuck with Jauron and the mediocrity that has surrounded him his entire head coaching career.

November 18:

Start with the coach. Dick Jauron is a well-respected, well-liked man. But he’s no different than Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey in that he’s not leading this team to glory. He’s not taking this team anywhere, certainly not to a Super Bowl, and not to the playoffs this season. Again.

But guess what, even though it hasn’t been confirmed by the team, I think he’s signed up for three more years beyond this. Oh goody!

Personally, I can’t wait to listen to Jauron tell us week after week, “We’d rather be 10-0, but we’re 5-5.” Just like last week when he said “We’d rather be 9-0, but we’re 5-4″ or the previous week when he said “We’d rather be 8-0, but we’re 5-3.” Great insight from the man from Yale.

Jauron showed his true colors at the end of the game. The Bills positioned themselves for a shot at victory by reaching the Cleveland 34 with 1:03 left. The Browns still had all their timeouts and used them on the next three plays - three plays where the Bills decided the prudent move was to run Marshawn Lynch into a stacked Cleveland line. It was the safe thing to do. It’s what the Bills always do in these situations. Play it safe, try not to lose rather than try to win. Guess what? They lost.

Jauron was confident Lindell could make any field goal from 53 yards and in - that’s right, the Bills said Lindell’s mark was the 35-yard-line and as long as they were inside that, they figured he’d make the winning kick, so being at the 29 on fourth down was more than enough. They were playing with house money, so they thought.

People, the wind chill temperature was about 25 degrees at that point of the night. No kick was a gimme, let alone one from 47 yards. Yes, a few minutes earlier Cleveland’s Phil Dawson made one from 56 yards, but he was going in the other direction and it appeared the wind was with him, though you can never tell at the Ralph. Anyway, the point is, 47 yards is a long way to kick a football on a November night in Buffalo. Lindell missed. Was anyone surprised?

The Bills should have tried to move the ball closer, and passing was the only way to do it. As I said, the Browns had all their timeouts anyway. Yes, they would have saved one if a pass had fallen incomplete, but so what? The way to avoid that is to just make the play. Have some confidence that you can make the play. Throw something safe and it wouldn’t have been incomplete. Running into the line was fruitless, gutless, and so Jauron-like.

He's been stating his case against Jauron, both in public and in private, for a while now.

November 21:

November 18:

Sorry, since leaving Buffalo, I don't read his stuff much anymore. He falls into the same category as many writers do- most papers employ one person to be a negative fan panderer. Working with people like this has made me immune to it.