Marv Levy's Legacy

BenchBledsoe

Thanks for this Scott. Levy created this mess. He brought us this fool in the first place and he did so for idiotic reasons. Of course, Ralph only hired him because he is completely out of it, and has been for more than 10 years. You couldn't make this s :thumbsup: t up.

Sure there is enough blame to go around and Marv deserves his fair share. However, to me the blame he gets and deserves is minuscule compared to what Ralph gets. Senile or not the buck stops with the owner and what seems more than fair to me is that he and not Marv or even Jauron get the lionshare of the blame.

Sure one is overlooking a lot if you try to forgive the GM who hired Marv in the first place, but the simple fact is that Marv was not here when Jauron was extended and that while he was here running the drafts they were two of the best the Bills ever had. On the other hand to try to bend and overlook things to let Ralph off the hooks makes one look like a smoldering pretzel after the circumlocutions required to not lay a lot of this on Ralph's doorstep.

Well, then, it all goes back to Ralph doesn't it? He hired somebody supremely unqualified to run his team, so what better results could one expect? I thought the Levy thing was horrendous, but I ain't blaming Marv...
Really, I'm the same way, even though the mullets who blindly defend Marv no matter what can be annoying at times. As always, the blame goes to Ralph, Marv walked into a cluster!@#$ created by Ralph (NOT TD... TD may have deserved to be canned, but Ralph should've had an actual, legitimate replacement plan before he let him go). Marv should've just said NO.

Sure there is enough blame to go around and Marv deserves his fair share. However, to me the blame he gets and deserves is minuscule compared to what Ralph gets. Senile or not the buck stops with the owner and what seems more than fair to me is that he and not Marv or even Jauron get the lionshare of the blame.

Sure one is overlooking a lot if you try to forgive the GM who hired Marv in the first place, but the simple fact is that Marv was not here when Jauron was extended and that while he was here running the drafts they were two of the best the Bills ever had. On the other hand to try to bend and overlook things to let Ralph off the hooks makes one look like a smoldering pretzel after the circumlocutions required to not lay a lot of this on Ralph's doorstep.

I wasn't clear enough in my post. Ralph deserves the lions share of the blame. As far as the bolded, I give Marv credit for a good draft in 07.

Now, 06? That was an utterly stupid draft, and we continue to pay the price. I hope that the NE game proves to all that even marginal running backs such as Sammy Morris will flatten tiny little defensive backs if they hit them with a head of steam. The Bills don't have a front 4. They have a front 1 (Stroud) because Dick Levy (they are one and the same person) neglected the defensive front.

2006 was a golden opportunity to strengthen this team with players up front on both sides. We walked away with Whitner, Youbity, Simpson, and a disaster named McCargo, this with 5 picks. Butler in the 5th? Not bad, but I'm not doing cartwheels either. Good draft? Dick Levy thought so.

Once again, Marv was hired as a GM who nobody else would have hired. He wanted to be head coach, but nobody would hire him to do that either. He hired a serial loser who even the Lions didn't think was good enough and like 2 idiots, they decided that the major problem of the Bills was, and still is the secondary. This is all they know, and we will continue to lose because of this, and the fact that Dick Levy is the worst coach in professional sports. He is worse than Herm Edwards, and I didn't think that was possible.

I wasn't clear enough in my post. Ralph deserves the lions share of the blame. As far as the bolded, I give Marv credit for a good draft in 07.

Now, 06? That was an utterly stupid draft, and we continue to pay the price. I hope that the NE game proves to all that even marginal running backs such as Sammy Morris will flatten tiny little defensive backs if they hit them with a head of steam. The Bills don't have a front 4. They have a front 1 (Stroud) because Dick Levy (they are one and the same person) neglected the defensive front.

2006 was a golden opportunity to strengthen this team with players up front on both sides. We walked away with Whitner, Youbity, Simpson, and a disaster named McCargo, this with 5 picks.Butler in the 5th? Not bad, but I'm not doing cartwheels either. Good draft? Dick levy thought so.

Once again, Marv was hired as a GM who nobody else would have hired. He wanted to be head coach, but nobody would hire him to do that either. He hired a serial loser who even the Lions didn't think was good enough and like 2 idiots, they decided that the major problem of the Bills was, and still is the secondary. This is all they know, and we will continue to lose because of this, and the fact that Dick Levy is the worst coach in professional sports. He is worse than Herm Edwards, and I didn't think that was possible.

That's low praise, indeed. Lord, we're in the dumpster now. I wonder if this is what fans in Pittsburgh went through before Knoll arrived. Would that there was a guy like him approaching this train wreck to straighten things out. This is sad, very sad.

I know Marv Levy is sacred around here but was he really that good of a coach or did he just fall into the right situation with the likes of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith etc roaming the field for him. He was outcoached in EVERY single Super Bowl. The worst was Super Bowl 25 when Bill Parcells and Bill Belichek out schemed the Bills. They went with a ball control offense and dropped as many people into the passing lanes as possible on defense. The Bills never adjusted to this game plan that the Giants had (Earlier in the year, the Bills went to the Meadowlands and beat the Phil Simms led Giants). The Giants learned from that experience and used it in the Super Bowl. In Super Bowl 26, the Redskins were a better team. In Super Bowl 27, both the Bills and the Cowgirls were the top seeds in their conferences yet Buffalo got absolutely annihalated. In Super Bowl 28, the Bills were lucky to get into the Super Bowl I think riding off of the emotion from the Comeback Game.

Sure Marv was good at handling all the personalities of the Super Bowl era but when it came to game day, he was outcoached in the biggest games. Now to Dick Jauron, sure he is a heck of a nice guy and the players love him but on game day he is outcoached every freakin' week. :thumbsup: