Lack of Preparation and Organization...

ColdBlueNorth

Just some rambling thoughts...

Not sure who to blame on the staff, but the job to make sure that the coaches are prepared for game situations is Jauron's. After that, the job falls to the assistant coaches to ensure that the players are prepared for those situations.

In the immortal words of Cool Hand Luke, "what we have he-ya is a failure to commuicate".

It is obvious to anyone watching the Bills execute that there is a breakdown whenever a cool-headed decision is called for in a game. The wasted timeouts and abysmal clock management clearly point to a sideline that does not have its sh-- together. That lack of organization points clearly to Jauron. It leads one to believe that there are perhaps too many cooks in the kitchen when quick decisions need to be made.

The play calls in crucial short-yardage situations leave us all scratching our heads, and lean towards coaching that tries to out-think the actual situation on the field. Who in their right mind calls for a pass/roll-out with JP when you are running the ball down the throat of the other team, you are deep in your side of the field, their defence is sucking wind, and there is only 2:00 minutes left in the game?

Preston's selfish play at the end of the half against the Pats shows a lack of accountability that stretches from the top clear down to the players in the form of lack of execution, fumbles, muffed kick returns, and dumb decisions. The players may love their coach, but I would rather they hate and fear the coach, but respect him enough to perform on the field.

The left side of our offensive line was flat out offensive too often this year. Fumbles caused by blind-side QB hits came from guys blowing through untouched on that side of the line. Peters and Walker underperformed this year, and although Preston played better - he clearly gets pushed deep into the pocket on more plays than not. There were times when leaving a RB back to pick up an extra blitzer may have been the better option, but we all did ask to get the RB more involved in the passing attack.

Does Wilson blow this up to fix it - I don't know. I do think that dicipline and execution starts from the top down and some HCs have it - and some do not. I do believe this team is close talent-wise, but they need a pass rusher desparately. As for the offensive line, I do not see anything that a firm hand cannot correct. Preston does need to get stronger at center, but the occasional double-team against those monster nose tackles in the 3-4 alignment appears to work wonders ala the 2nd Jets game.

I do believe what killed this team this year is not corrected via the draft, but by better coaching and leadership from the organization.

Chuck Lester

"Among Lester’s responsibilities are breaking down film of the upcoming week’s opponent as well as tracking statistical tendencies throughout the NFL. "

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/c...ed-d8760ae76b47

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/53207742.j...40A659CEC4C8CB6

http://www.billszone.com/gallery2/d/2883-1...5ebc42a33a6.jpg

There's really only one explanation.

Just some rambling thoughts...

Not sure who to blame on the staff, but the job to make sure that the coaches are prepared for game situations is Jauron's. After that, the job falls to the assistant coaches to ensure that the players are prepared for those situations.

In the immortal words of Cool Hand Luke, "what we have he-ya is a failure to commuicate".

It is obvious to anyone watching the Bills execute that there is a breakdown whenever a cool-headed decision is called for in a game. The wasted timeouts and abysmal clock management clearly point to a sideline that does not have its sh-- together. That lack of organization points clearly to Jauron. It leads one to believe that there are perhaps too many cooks in the kitchen when quick decisions need to be made.

The play calls in crucial short-yardage situations leave us all scratching our heads, and lean towards coaching that tries to out-think the actual situation on the field. Who in their right mind calls for a pass/roll-out with JP when you are running the ball down the throat of the other team, you are deep in your side of the field, their defence is sucking wind, and there is only 2:00 minutes left in the game?

Preston's selfish play at the end of the half against the Pats shows a lack of accountability that stretches from the top clear down to the players in the form of lack of execution, fumbles, muffed kick returns, and dumb decisions. The players may love their coach, but I would rather they hate and fear the coach, but respect him enough to perform on the field.

The left side of our offensive line was flat out offensive too often this year. Fumbles caused by blind-side QB hits came from guys blowing through untouched on that side of the line. Peters and Walker underperformed this year, and although Preston played better - he clearly gets pushed deep into the pocket on more plays than not. There were times when leaving a RB back to pick up an extra blitzer may have been the better option, but we all did ask to get the RB more involved in the passing attack.

Does Wilson blow this up to fix it - I don't know. I do think that dicipline and execution starts from the top down and some HCs have it - and some do not. I do believe this team is close talent-wise, but they need a pass rusher desparately. As for the offensive line, I do not see anything that a firm hand cannot correct. Preston does need to get stronger at center, but the occasional double-team against those monster nose tackles in the 3-4 alignment appears to work wonders ala the 2nd Jets game.

I do believe what killed this team this year is not corrected via the draft, but by better coaching and leadership from the organization.

That is one of the best written analysis of the coaches shortcomings I have read yet! It does all start with Jauron and even though he is a nice guy, he has ZERO command of the team and is the main reason it has no confidence in what it does. While I believe we need a bit more talent in places, one could argue we could have won at least 3 games this year with a competent coach who puts his players in positions to win games. Jauron puts his in positions to lose. The RIGHT coach will have a dramatic effect on this team.

That is one of the best written analysis of the coaches shortcomings I have read yet! It does all start with Jauron and even though he is a nice guy, he has ZERO command of the team and is the main reason it has no confidence in what it does. While I believe we need a bit more talent in places, one could argue we could have won at least 3 games this year with a competent coach who puts his players in positions to win games. Jauron puts his in positions to lose. The RIGHT coach will have a dramatic effect on this team.

I 2nd your assessment of the previous analysis. I DVR'd the game and watched the Bills last possession of the 1st half several times. They ran 11 plays in 4:18. 6 runs and 5 passes. 3 of the passes were check downs to the TE. Twice they wasted about 40 seconds wandering around and huddling when they should have been in hurry up mode.

It left me wondering if they even practice the 2 minute drill? Juron insists they have preparing during the week for every situation yet the hesitation, indecision, casual use of timeouts, and puzzling play calls leads me to conclude they are not prepared for Sunday.

...In the immortal words of Cool Hand Luke, "what we have he-ya is a failure to commuicate"....

It was the prison 'Captain' played by Strother Martin who said that. Great flick. Great cast. And who could forget Lucille?!

GO BILLS!!!

It was the prison 'Captain' played by Strother Martin who said that. Great flick. Great cast. And who could forget Lucille?!

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, it was the prison captain who coined the phrase, but it is so much easier remembering Newman's character who threw that quote back at them when they had him pinned down.

So we get Jauron again, someone needs to inject some backbone and order into that coaching staff in a hurry. Too often this year they were scrambling to make decisions, and it was obvious that they were in disarray on the sidelines.

All we can do is hope that they can address those shortcomings internally.