I Want Marty in Buffalo SO Much....

Bill from NYC

he hired his kid to be head coach.

This year was a strange one wrt the jests. They coincidentally brought in a finished Favre at the same time they were selling over the top expensive PSLs. Was there a better marketing idea? The thing is, it hurt the team whereas Favre is finished.

I don't know if Brian Schottenheimer is qualified to be coach. He probably isn't but he sure would have a great mentor. Would I rather see Marty as head coach/GM? You betcha, but at this point I would prefer cablelady as coach over Jauron.

I agree completely but here lies the problem: other teams will want Marty too. My expectation is someone who is out of a job that has no prospects and will be inexpensive is our best bet. Phil Savage or Matt Millen come to mind.

Your concept is dead on though, I think a Charlie Casserly, a Ron Wolf to run the whole thing is what is needed.

he hired his kid to be head coach.

This year was a strange one wrt the jests. They coincidentally brought in a finished Favre at the same time they were selling over the top expensive PSLs. Was there a better marketing idea? The thing is, it hurt the team whereas Favre is finished.

I don't know if Brian Schottenheimer is qualified to be coach. He probably isn't but he sure would have a great mentor. Would I rather see Marty as head coach/GM? You betcha, but at this point I would prefer cablelady as coach over Jauron.

Well, we know she would look a lot better on the sidelines... :angry:

P.S. Bill, you are dead on about the Favre decision by the Jests. Short-term marketing decision could lead to a collapse next year with no QB.

Hell yeah! Marty's no b.s., hard-nosed approach to the game is just what this team needs. The guy is a winner. Yeah, he hasn't had much luck in the playoffs, but at least he gets you to them. I'd take one-and-done any day over 7 and 9s.

I mean, we're talking about a guy who got fired two years ago after coaching a team to a 14-2 record. All because he lost the squabble with AJ.

The best part is, you know Marty would build our O around Lynch, which it should be. You'd see the FB in there more, creating holes for our amazing one-two punch in Lynch and Jackson. And that effective running would open up the passing game big time, allowing the accurate Edwards to complete passes with ease.

I agree completely but here lies the problem: other teams will want Marty too. My expectation is someone who is out of a job that has no prospects and will be inexpensive is our best bet. Phil Savage or Matt Millen come to mind.

No team was able to pry Marty off the couch last year.

There is no reason Marty would choose Detroit, KC or cleveland over Buffalo.

If Brandon can convince Littmann that a 'name' coach with a record for turning teams around would translate into $$$, Ralph will pay up.

No team was able to pry Marty off the couch last year.

There is no reason Marty would choose Detroit, KC or cleveland over Buffalo.

If Brandon can convince Littmann that a 'name' coach with a record for turning teams around would translate into $$$, Ralph will pay up.

This would hold true for Cowher, as well. I still don't like the idea of a coach being the GM at the same time, though.

P.S. Bill, you are dead on about the Favre decision by the Jests. Short-term marketing decision could lead to a collapse next year with no QB.

So I was watching The Longest Yard (Adam Sandler version) Sat. nite, then on Sunday saw Favre turn the ball over on 2 consecutive series before landing on his shoulder on walking off the field....

Brett Favre = Paul Crewe ?

Anyway, I'd love to see some MartyBall here in the BuffTown.

So I was watching The Longest Yard (Adam Sandler version) Sat. nite, then on Sunday saw Favre turn the ball over on 2 consecutive series before landing on his shoulder on walking off the field....

Brett Favre = Paul Crewe ?

Anyway, I'd love to see some MartyBall here in the BuffTown.

Wait a minute... you actually WATCHED the Longest Yard remake?

*shaking my head sadly*

Oh, Senator, Senator....

This would hold true for Cowher, as well. I still don't like the idea of a coach being the GM at the same time, though.

Cowher is not coming to Buffalo in '09. He wants to spend time with his family. His family is currently in the NYC/NJ area.

He has a daughter in Prinston and the other must have a job in New York.

Wait a minute... you actually WATCHED the Longest Yard remake?

*shaking my head sadly*

Oh, Senator, Senator....

Awright already - sheesh, it's not like I went out and rented it or ordered it on pay-per-view or anything :angry:

It was more of an 'inertia' thing - it was on the air, the remote was across the room, I had a nice glass of swill, etc. ;)

Actually, it didn't suck out loud - the remake stuck pretty close to the original, with Burt Reynolds playing the role of Nate Scarboro (the late Michael Conrad in the original) and Cloris Leachman playing Miss Toot (Bernadette Peters in the '74 version). Also had Bill Romanowski, Brian Bosworth, Michael Irvin, Chris Berman, Jime Rome, et al.