Marv Levy

Yes Marv is to blame......It was his call for hiring Jauron and his call on Trent(don't call me Tim Conelly)Edwards. Marv did his old pal Bill Walsh a favor by selecting a relative unknown to be our QB. I still do not think he is our QB of the future.

I hear blame going everywhere, Ralph, Jauron and the rest of the coaches, the players. My question is, where is Marv Levy? Didn't he "rebuild" this franchise? Has he been on WGR? I find it hard to believe that Jerry Sullivan isn't knocking his door down for a quote.

As far as I am concerned, he is the one to blame. Bad drafts, terrible free agent signings and a horrible coaching choice.

So I guess my question is, how do you feel about Marv's role in this mess?

Levy left the team a mess. Let us count the ways.

1. Hired Jauron as head coach :worthy:

2. Passed on Ngata for Whitner only to trade back in the first round and draft McCargo :worthy:

3. Threw all-pro money at Dockery and Walker for very average players :worthy:

4. Passed on Cutler waiting for JP Losman to "develop" :wallbash:

5. Resigned Schoebel and Kelsay to huge deals :huh:

6. Signed Craig Nall to "compete" for the starting qb spot :wallbash:

7. Touton Reyes. Enough said. :wallbash:

Come to think of it his only good moves were releasing lard-ass Mike Williams, signing Fred Jackson, and drafting Marshawn Lynch. He got two good players in two years. At that rate in another 20 years we''ll have 22 great players. :sick:

There is no way he has anything to do with the draft or free agency. He might give that person(s) a dollar figure but he has no clue who Donte Whitner, Derrick Dockery or Langston Walker were before they became Bills.

Whitner and Dockery are marginal players who should be cut. (Thats right Whitner should go. He can't cover anyone, and is too small to play saftety in the NFL.) Walker has been the best of the three. He is not great but serviceable as our right OT. What about drafting McCargo and trading up to take Poz? Oh my god, the list can go on and on. Marv did nothing better than Donahoe did. I loved Marv as coach, but all I can think of is him looking dead in the pressbox against the Cowboys.

You're all wrong. But if you really enjoy the satisfaction of pointing fingers at the man who inspired and helped lead one of the greatest teams ever amassed to not win a championship, then thats fine. See I thought that people were going to insult strictly his GM decisions. That's fine. They were debateable. Not as bad as any of you say (blaming him for JP when that was Donahoe's guy, and blaming him for not taking Cutler...are you serious...?), but fine. He paid Robert Royal money he didn't deserve, and that guy has done nothing but fail when he was needed the most.

I understand that. You didn't think he was a great GM. Blame him all you want. That's fine.

...But to the guy who was trying to blame him for the superbowls...to the idiots who are telling the real fans they are living in the past, I have this to say:

It truly is a disgrace and shows how you're terrible fans to knock the greatest figure possibly in your franchise's history.

Really though, he IS our Shula, or what have you. He's our guy. Some franchises don't have a guy at all. And they would laugh at all of you in your shameful disregard for one of the alltime greats. Some people can't take losing. I get that. It does suck. But, come on people...ripping Marv Levy apart for the superbowl days? What a disgrace.

You're all wrong. But if you really enjoy the satisfaction of pointing fingers at the man who inspired and helped lead one of the greatest teams ever amassed to not win a championship, then thats fine. See I thought that people were going to insult strictly his GM decisions. That's fine. They were debateable. Not as bad as any of you say (blaming him for JP when that was Donahoe's guy, and blaming him for not taking Cutler...are you serious...?), but fine. He paid Robert Royal money he didn't deserve, and that guy has done nothing but fail when he was needed the most.

I understand that. You didn't think he was a great GM. Blame him all you want. That's fine.

...But to the guy who was trying to blame him for the superbowls...to the idiots who are telling the real fans they are living in the past, I have this to say:

It truly is a disgrace and shows how you're terrible fans to knock the greatest figure possibly in your franchise's history.

Really though, he IS our Shula, or what have you. He's our guy. Some franchises don't have a guy at all. And they would laugh at all of you in your shameful disregard for one of the alltime greats. Some people can't take losing. I get that. It does suck. But, come on people...ripping Marv Levy apart for the superbowl days? What a disgrace.

This post was about Marv's tenure as a GM which was a total debacle. Royal wasn't the only POS signing. Fowler, P.Price, Reyes, Bowen, Dockery....you get my point.

As far as you living in the past, YOU ARE! You are giving Marv a free pass because he was a a good coach. The fact that you would call him the greatest figure in the Bills history makes me wonder what you know about Bills History. He is not even the greatest coach in Bills history!

The comment above in bold is one of the dumbest coments that I have ever heard...sorry but WOW! :sick:

This post was about Marv's tenure as a GM which was a total debacle. Royal wasn't the only POS signing. Fowler, P.Price, Reyes, Bowen, Dockery....you get my point.

As far as you living in the past, YOU ARE! You are giving Marv a free pass because he was a a good coach. The fact that you would call him the greatest figure in the Bills history makes me wonder what you know about Bills History. He is not even the greatest coach in Bills history!

The comment above in bold is one of the dumbest coments that I have ever heard...sorry but WOW! :sick:

Wow. You totally misread that whole bit. I was referring to the jacka$$ who was ripping Marv as a coach, not you and your obviously "saintly" insults.

I'm living in the past and you're telling me that he isn't the greatest coach in Bills history, I'm leaving this thread because you're too insult-happy to hold a worthy conversation with.

Stop pretending to be admirable too. It's sickening to read. I'm not just a blind fearless defender of Marv. I'm here to remind you that insulting his GM skills would lead to the nutjobs on here insulting his coaching ability, which surely happened. Even you're too clueless to know that Marv was the greatest coach we've ever had.

You are an idiot Man! Ask Kelly, Thurman and co. what their opinion is of Marv Levy? Every NFL broadcaster, analyst, coach or player in the last 20 years who knew Levy would disagree with your opinion! :sick:

I see diplomacy isn't your strong suit. And for the record, Marv was not hired in Jan 06 to be the HC. He was brought on to be the GM, a position he'd never handled in the NFL. ML may have say in on draft day and gave his opinion, but he did not work in the front office for this or any other team. It was a poor hiring which was short term. Unfortunately, RW never adequately planned for the future after Levy.

I see diplomacy isn't your strong suit. And for the record, Marv was not hired in Jan 06 to be the HC. He was brought on to be the GM, a position he'd never handled in the NFL. ML may have say in on draft day and gave his opinion, but he did not work in the front office for this or any other team. It was a poor hiring which was short term. Unfortunately, RW never adequately planned for the future after Levy.

The comment that was made that I responded to was not solely based on Marv the GM, is was a vague, general bash against his character. To say that Levy has been getting rich by "screwing" Buffalo is a moronic statement and I stand by my response to it. :sick: