PARCELLS is open to join a losing franchise?!

While I don't particularly like Parcells (I don't hate him, either), I do respect his ability. I also think he is a bit overrated, in that he has never won it all without Bellicheat and has, for the most part, "turned around" teams with talent...but in disarray. Miami is an exception to that generalization, I think. With Dallas, he actually was an active contributor to the circus and really didn't fare much better, overall, than Wade has, with the same basic team.

But, because of what he does, he might be the perfect kind of guy for Buffalo, as I think that the Bills have a decent amount of talent, but they are in disarray and in need of an identity. I think he would also be a better identifier of coaching talent than anyone on the current staff has shown. With Parcells at the helm, I think the true talent (or lack of it) of many players we argue about, would be obvious fairly quick. Under his guidance, I think the players would have a real opportunity to succeed and show what they really have to offer.

With that said, despite the fact that Bill is supposedly not a big-city guy and such, I think it is very unlikely that he would come to Buffalo, even if Ralph offered him the job and control over the football operation. I can't imagine him turning down the Jets (for example) to work for the Bills for similar money (even though the same money gets you much more in WNY). And, for what it is worth, I don't see Ralph out-bidding a big market team for the services of Parcells or any other GM or coach. I think that is insulting to Marv ("He'll work for team X for $10 million and he wants $15 million to come here? Fuggidaboudit!" That's if Ralph was Italian, of course.)

I have no "inside knowledge", never talked to Bill or any bartenders who know him...just my feeling.

But, just as I would like to see the Bills have the conversation/make an offer with FAs that they are unlikely to sign, I would really like for them to at least TALK to Bill (if he decides to make himself available). Maybe he can be sold on the opportunity to do the impossible in a town that would revere him, like a GOD, if he were to succeed. Even if it is a 1,000-to-1 shot, it costs little to take the shot. I really hate that the Bills don't take more shots.

While I don't particularly like Parcells (I don't hate him, either), I do respect his ability. I also think he is a bit overrated, in that he has never won it all without Bellicheat and has, for the most part, "turned around" teams with talent...but in disarray. Miami is an exception to that generalization, I think. With Dallas, he actually was an active contributor to the circus and really didn't fare much better, overall, than Wade has, with the same basic team.

But, because of what he does, he might be the perfect kind of guy for Buffalo, as I think that the Bills have a decent amount of talent, but they are in disarray and in need of an identity. I think he would also be a better identifier of coaching talent than anyone on the current staff has shown. With Parcells at the helm, I think the true talent (or lack of it) of many players we argue about, would be obvious fairly quick. Under his guidance, I think the players would have a real opportunity to succeed and show what they really have to offer.

With that said, despite the fact that Bill is supposedly not a big-city guy and such, I think it is very unlikely that he would come to Buffalo, even if Ralph offered him the job and control over the football operation. I can't imagine him turning down the Jets (for example) to work for the Bills for similar money (even though the same money gets you much more in WNY). And, for what it is worth, I don't see Ralph out-bidding a big market team for the services of Parcells or any other GM or coach. I think that is insulting to Marv ("He'll work for team X for $10 million and he wants $15 million to come here? Fuggidaboudit!" That's if Ralph was Italian, of course.)

I have no "inside knowledge", never talked to Bill or any bartenders who know him...just my feeling.

But, just as I would like to see the Bills have the conversation/make an offer with FAs that they are unlikely to sign, I would really like for them to at least TALK to Bill (if he decides to make himself available). Maybe he can be sold on the opportunity to do the impossible in a town that would revere him, like a GOD, if he were to succeed. Even if it is a 1,000-to-1 shot, it costs little to take the shot. I really hate that the Bills don't take more shots.

He won it all. Twice. There's no need to qualify it. Everyone loves to bring up Belichik's role, but Parcells is the one who had the good sense to hire and promote the guy in the first place. Lest people forget, Belichick owes what he has to Parcells. He never won anything until he joined Parcells' staff.