Who should the Bills' head coach be in 2009?

scribo

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills' head coach be in 2009?

• Dick Jauron
    • Bobby April
    • Someone else already within the organization
    • Someone from outside the organization

I like Bobby April, but for the life of me can't figure out why people around here would like to see him promoted to head coach. :censored: I voted for someone outside the organization, but it needs to be soon or not at all. I hate the fact Ralph waits until all the good candidates are gone before making a move. Old bastard.

Well - I think there's few factors:

1. He's animated and energetic on the sidelines - the exact opposite of one of Jauron's more annoying traits.

2. St. Marv Levy went from being a special teams coach to a head coach, so people are nostalgic for a repeat.

3. There's a feeling that Ralph will prefer cheap and in-house, so April seems realistic - unlike, say Cowher, who 99.9% of Bills fans would rather have, but 90.0% of Bills fans are smart enough to know we won't get.

Two amusing side-points from this weekend's final 2008 Jauron debacle.

My wife - who barely pays attention to football - told me this morning "He looks like a deer in the headlights out there". No lie - she hasn't heard me say this I swear - it's just actually how he really looks on the sidelines. Confused and frozen by the confusion.

I'm in Maryland - so many of my friends here are Ravens fans.

As a result - this week they were all watching the Bills/Pats which was broadcast locally because of it's potential importance to the Ravens.

Every one of them I've talked to since has had the same reaction - "wow - Jauron is an awful coach" and "wow - the Bills looked talented enough - they just looked confused and outcoached" - and "who calls their plays?" and "they have the worst clock management I've ever seen in the pros".

And the best one - heard from everyone I've told: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY DON'T PRACTICE OUTSIDE?!?! THAT THROWS AWAY THEIR BIG HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE IN BUFFALO!!"

"Yup", I tell them - "which may be why they were 3-5 at home this year..."

If nothing else, it's a relief to no longer have to explain to people why the Bills (who I am watching on DirecTV every week) were disintegrating all season.