Winds of Change

Pass the Pipe

You forgot to mention once again the offensive play calls were sickening. I know the weather dictated that passes were to be few and far between but in every other game this year Edwards was mr dump off with throws to the line of scrimmage or barely beyond. why not today to break up the tempo enough to leve NE with a bit of a guess.

Also less visable but as important lost timouts and inept clock management.

Thank you BuffaloBill, I tried to imply Jauron's work with the Vegas comment, but your cleaner version is right on the mark, an horrendeous effort by a coaching staff with its collective back against the wall.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think of it, the whole Whitner pick - sucked beyond all reaons - just look at some of the other guys taken in the first round that either "did not fit our system" or maybe...just maybe, we missed all together:

(9) Detroit Lions - Ernie Simms - OLB - Would look nice...

(11) St. Louis Rams - TRADED TO BRONCOS - Jay Cutler - QB - Would look nice...

(12) Cleveland Browns - TRADED TO RAVENS - Haloti Ngata - DT - Hang our heads in shame missing this one...

(13) Baltimore Ravens - TRADED TO BROWNS - Kamerion Wimbley - DE - Would look nice...

(14) Philadelphia Eagles - Brodrick Buckley - DT - Would look nice - but hey, we got mound of sh-t McCargo who made Mario Williams look good!

(17) Minnesota Vikings - Chad Greenway - OLB

(19) San Diego Chargers - Antonio Cromartie - CB

(20) Kansas City Chiefs - Tamba Hali - DE

(22) San Francisco 49ers (from Denver) - Manny Lawson - DE

(23) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Davin Joseph - OG

(25) New York Giants TRADED TO STEELERS - Santonio Holmes - WR

(27) Carolina Panthers - Deangelo Williams - RB

(29) New York Jets (from Denver) - Nick Mangold - OC

(30) Indianapolis Colts - Joseph Addai - RB

(32) Pittsburgh Steelers - Mathias Kiwanuka - DE

And just for grins - these two round 2 gems could have been had;

OLB - Demico Ryans

T - Marcus McNeill

Has enough time passed to finally grade this draft as a D+ at best??? Let us now bow to Marv's genius....

Yikes, but Marv is in the hall of fame as people on this site have reminded me time and again when I criticize the old goat.

You have to ask - can Modrak play nice with Ralph's daughter? Sorry, but if the stories are true and she was somehow even remotely accountable for Polian leaving...I am not sure that it will work...but who knows, maybe she actually can evaluate talent....(then again, she has been with this org for many years now...and our drafts suck...).

I see no problem with Wilson's daughter if she looks like Jeanie Buss (sp?) and will take her clothes off for money. Who knows, maybe she can lure in an old stallion like Jimmy Johnson and we could get back on track. Does anybody have her picture?

I have to disagree - If the Bills would have approached last year for a similar situaiton that he has in Miami - he would have considered it. I think it's funny that people think BPl some kind of big city guy. He's a Jersey guy who has a house in upstate NY - loves it up here and hated it in Dallas...(and yes, I do know this from the horses mouth...). That said, Ralph got scorched by a big named GM in Donohoe, unless those wounds have healed, he is going to continue with his current approach....Schottenheimer would have been a good low budget Parcells, but I hear KC has flown in him already...

Kiper, I totally agree with your thought process on this one, I met BP at Saratoga National Golf Course and he is very much an Upstate/blue collar kind of guy. My reading of him also indicated Dallas was not exactly his kind of town. After my encounter, I actually came away thinking Buffalo is a perfect fit for him.

My sources from in and around the organization have Wilson firing Jauron by Wednesday at the latest. Wilson is very upset about the collapse and he is having a hard time dealing with the Dolphins immediate success. We will see.

That said, pictures worth a 1000 words:

1.) Whitner getting laid out by a journeyman back, "so much for backing up the playoffs declaration"

2.) How about the $49 million dollar left guard giving up another game changing sack; "nice job Marv"

3.) How did Poz sell so many shirts in Buffalo?

4.) Edwards wearing a glove on his throwing hand, a real tough AFC East guy?

5.) Laugh, but we might actually take another secondary player in the first round, Travis Mays, USC, because we don't have a competent safety on the roster. Have Whitner and Simpson come close to intercepting a ball this year?

6.) Dick Jauron wearing a headset, in Las Vegas that immediate translates into +4 points

I can go on and on.

Happy New Years

1. Yup but I still love the guy.

2. He'll always just be an "okay" player.

3. He needs some help from his teamates. We were treated to Fletcher's brilliant play all those years so expectations are high.

4. So guys throw better with the glove on, it's a personal choice, I don't think it's a "tough" thing. You should go with whatever is going to help you throw better and if that's glove on, then so be it.

5. Who is Travis Mays? Are you thinking Taylor Mays? A legit FS would be a great pick and would make Whitner a better player. But DE is more pressing a need, yes.

6. He's gotta go. He cannot stay a day longer. He's 7-9 for three straight, 0-6 in the division this year and in the season finale was so thoroughly out-coached it was unbelievable. Poor clock/time management and burns a lot of timeouts in bad spots. Absolute moron.

VJ, you are not going to laugh when this guy gets fired.

What are you talking about? I complimented your post for being accurate and humorous, and I want Dick, Modrak and Guy fired. How did you interpret my post into being some kind of sarcastic defense of Jauron??

Oh wait, that's right, I did sarcastically call out your efforts to boycott the Pats game. Well, how did that work our for you guys? Did you have signs before the game or did you organize a mass walk - out during the game? After all, you accused me of "living in fear", remember?? Well, did you heroically make a stand Sunday, because I certainly did not see any news about it on ESPN.

So in summing up, I liked your post about "winds of change", and agreed with every single point you made. I want DJ fired, so yes I will be laughing when it happens, laughing with relief.

I see no problem with Wilson's daughter if she looks like Jeanie Buss (sp?) and will take her clothes off for money. Who knows, maybe she can lure in an old stallion like Jimmy Johnson and we could get back on track. Does anybody have her picture?

Perhaps you are right - if she can entertain, perhaps work her way into some Collage coaching network to get the inside skinny on some players, there might be an upside.

:unsure::doh: Hey Pipe, you are pretty funny when you're not trying to organize first quarter walk-outs. Points 2 & 3 are my hotpoints right about now. Dockery and Poz really have sucked this year, and these two guys were supposed to be two of our best players. If Wilson really is upset, and fires Dick, he better send Modrak and Guy out the door with him.

poz is our leading tackler, does that define sucking. totally agreed on dockery though.

5.) Laugh, but we might actually take another secondary player in the first round, Travis Mays, USC, because we don't have a competent safety on the roster. Have Whitner and Simpson come close to intercepting a ball this year?

Laugh?...I don't think anyone will be laughing if The Bills take a Safety in the 1st Round again...Whitner, Scott, and Simpson may not be the best Safety combination in the NFL...But it's FAR from The Bills biggest Need area...And just like keeping Jauron, Drafting another Safety high in the 1st Round would be a PR nightmare in Buffalo!

I know it's easy to assume the worst with The Bills based on what happened this Year...But the Organization is very much aware of what losing consistantly can mean in a small market...They are well aware of how quickly this can turn bad...Fans are fed up and they WILL vote with their feet...They WILL walk unless they are given some damn good reasons not to...Every decision made this Off Season will have an effect on Fan interest...They know it...Believe Me they are not THAT stupid...They know... :unsure:

I can't understand anyone saying a QB that put up ZERO POINTS not only played well but better than the opposing QB that put up 13 POINTS, that is just CRAZY.

The Pats O-line outplayed ours or the flip side of the same coin is that their D played better than our O. This game was winnable our defense did their job again. As has been true for about the past eight years - our offense stunk. Sorry but when you put up zero points you have not done your job. Call it play calling, poor QB play or whatever the bottom linwe is that we do not have a combination of system and players that can consistently win by scoring points.

If Jauron and staff wants to balme weather - then they have simply buried their heads in the snowdrift. Weather in Oarchard Park in December at the Ralph is always questionable. The Bills should have been better prepared and used it to their advantage. In all of that practice please tell me how they did not work on the short yardage safe passing game.

I doubt any safety would be able to make any plays on this team. In addition they are so god damn far off the ball due to our crappy scheme limits the opportunities to come down with an interception. Give any decent QB all day to throw and they are going to complete an high percentange of their passes. I will say as an whole the entire D needs to learn how to tackle better and take proper routes to the ball. There is no discipline as players are constantly out of position on an number of plays.

Training camp is a joke this team lacks the basic fundamentals of what it takes to be a good team like taking care of the ball and sound tackling. I look at the Dolphins and don't see an team that is better than us but they don't turn the ball over and play sound defense. I am envious as that should have been us this year winning the AFC East with the easy schedule we had.

I !@#$ing LOVE IT when people who go to the games wearing two base layers, three shirts, a huge parka, a hat, a balaclava, thermal underwear, two pairs of socks, chemical warmers in their gloves AND shoes and for good measure, a fifth of brandy stuffed down the back of that parka have the gall to get on the QB for wearing a glove.

poz is our leading tackler, does that define sucking. totally agreed on dockery though.

Every MLB in the NFL had better be his teams' leading tackler. I say Poz sucked this season because ask yourself one question: as the teams' MLB, how many impact plays did he make?? What amazing tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage, sacks, interceptions, or even just pass deflections or knock downs did the kid make to motivate you to say: WOW, what a star!

To me, he played no better then John DiGiorgio played the year before. Average. And he had arguably better tackle play with Stroud and an improved Williams playing in front of him. Yet, almost every run he did not stop within 2 or 3 yards from the line of scrimmage, I watched him overpersuing and having to recover to make one of his team-leading tackles 5 or more yards downfield. Not exactly what I was expecting from this high ranked player from Penn State that some experts thought the Bills stold in the second round.

So that is my somewhat long-winded explanation of the word "sucking" for Poz.

Perhaps you are right - if she can entertain, perhaps work her way into some Collage coaching network to get the inside skinny on some players, there might be an upside.

As respectfully as I can say it, rest assured Linda Bodgan does not look like Jennie Buss, she looks like Ralph Wilson.

To me, he played no better then John DiGiorgio played the year before. Average. And he had arguably better tackle play with Stroud and an improved Williams playing in front of him. Yet, almost every run he did not stop within 2 or 3 yards from the line of scrimmage, I watched him overpersuing and having to recover to make one of his team-leading tackles 5 or more yards downfield. Not exactly what I was expecting from this high ranked player from Penn State that some experts thought the Bills stold in the second round.

Ouch - I agree - but the visual in comparing Poz to Digeorgio is a powerful one....I agree with the assessment, I was hoping he would be another Shane Conlon type, instead I was treated to another Brandon Spoon or Ray Bentley at best....

Every MLB in the NFL had better be his teams' leading tackler. I say Poz sucked this season because ask yourself one question: as the teams' MLB, how many impact plays did he make?? What amazing tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage, sacks, interceptions, or even just pass deflections or knock downs did the kid make to motivate you to say: WOW, what a star!

VJ,

I agree with you a 100% on this one. To think about what Levy and company had to say about London Fletcher making tackles 8 yards down field makes me laugh.