Please explain to me the design of our passing game

....all we know is that we managed 0 points and that's what any QB & offense are measured on, no excuses.

I can't argue with the zero points generated by the offense. This was not a day where a pass by a QB was going to win the game either though. Cassel has been putting up Brees numbers and look what he did today.And Trent was pretty solid throwing when he did have to. Even into the 60 MPH wind.

You're right. They won because of OUR QB play.

They won because they werent going to let their qb make a mistake that would cost them the game..They knew our coaching staff would make enough bad choices that would give them the game.Its simple really..

I can't argue with the zero points generated by the offense. This was not a day where a pass by a QB was going to win the game either though. Cassel has been putting up Brees numbers and look what he did today.And Trent was pretty solid throwing when he did have to. Even into the 60 MPH wind.

Reality check here: Trent did not throw into 60mph winds. When he did start throwing into the wind in the 4th quarter, the winds had calmed down significantly from earlier.

Why did this have to be the last game of the year? I swear to god a tornado could touch down inside of the stadium and some of you people would still be bitching to throw the ball downfeild more.

Matt cassel had back to back 400 yard games and a few other 300 yarders this year, and do you know what he threw for today? 79 yards, and most of that came on a couple of screen passes to their FB.

There were gusts of wind up to 79 MPH, how the hell can ANYONE be critisized about how they threw the ball today?

I think it's a whole season thing not just a today thing.

I think it's a whole season thing not just a today thing.

Exactly. The point of my original post was to ask if our deficiencies were coaching or play (by either the QBs or WRs).

Everyone seems focused on defending Trent's play THIS WEEK, but my question is, are the lack of crossing routes or vertical routes in this offense the result of play calling or player deficiencies?

WOW, stats like that will get you to the pro bowl. So if 6 for 8 is fine, then can you explain to me what NE's passing game is all about?

If you want to talk about today only, Cassel was 6 of 8 and did fine in the same conditions. I am more interested in this trend over the whole season, especially in the last 8 games.