Please explain to me the design of our passing game

Let me preface this by saying I think Edwards is an average QB at best.

Someone educate me please. Why are all of our passes either flat passes for a 2 yard gain, or on comeback routes where the receiver is NOT in stride?

Is this offensive design or simply how Edwards reads and reacts?

Is there no anticipation on Edwards throws or is it just me?

Why did this have to be the last game of the year? I swear to god a tornado could touch down inside of the stadium and some of you people would still be bitching to throw the ball downfeild more.

Matt cassel had back to back 400 yard games and a few other 300 yarders this year, and do you know what he threw for today? 79 yards, and most of that came on a couple of screen passes to their FB.

There were gusts of wind up to 79 MPH, how the hell can ANYONE be critisized about how they threw the ball today?

Let me preface this by saying I think Edwards is an average QB at best.

Someone educate me please. Why are all of our passes either flat passes for a 2 yard gain, or on comeback routes where the receiver is NOT in stride?

Is this offensive design or simply how Edwards reads and reacts?

Is there no anticipation on Edwards throws or is it just me?

as a kid we used to just tell the receivers to go out and get open. . . maybe that's the plan????

The good lord looked down on the Buffalo Bills and said I like you guys and I'm gonna cut you some slack. I'll make it so that NE QB that has 1000 yds more then TE can't throw and it will equalize the teams and make both teams run the ball,.

:worthy: Oh man I forgot Turk "shotgun" Schonert was calling plays... and he has no clue how to get a running game to function properly.

That is to bad because Fred Jackson played his heart out for a staff of clowns that simply don't know what the :wallbash: they are doing.

Why did this have to be the last game of the year? I swear to god a tornado could touch down inside of the stadium and some of you people would still be bitching to throw the ball downfeild more.

Matt cassel had back to back 400 yard games and a few other 300 yarders this year, and do you know what he threw for today? 79 yards, and most of that came on a couple of screen passes to their FB.

There were gusts of wind up to 79 MPH, how the hell can ANYONE be critisized about how they threw the ball today?

Thank you thank you thank you.... Bump

More people need to understand this.

And like it or not Trent played pretty darn well considering the conditions today. There have been many respectable posters saying otherwise today and I just can't figure out why. Trent showed me a lot today both with his arm and his toughness. Some of you need to re-watch the game seriously, not that it will be easy...

Hell my basketball hoop blew over onto may Dad's truck today and it wasn't as windy here in the Rochester area as it was in Buff.

And like it or not Trent played pretty darn well considering the conditions today. There have been many respectable posters saying otherwise today and I just can't figure out why. Trent showed me a lot today both with his arm and his toughness. Some of you need to re-watch the game seriously, not that it will be easy...

Hell my basketball hoop blew over onto may Dad's truck today and it wasn't as windy here in the Rochester area as it was in Buff.

You are so right.

Trent has been unlucky in that he has had to play in the worst weather conditions in the history of the franchise three times in two years. Just because he again created a touchdown for the wrong team and none for his own team does not reflect poorly on him.

You are so right.

Trent has been unlucky in that he has had to play in the worst weather conditions in the history of the franchise three times in two years. Just because he again created a touchdown for the wrong team and none for his own team does not reflect poorly on him.

Not what I'm saying crayonboy, I'm saying he played pretty well inb the weather not excusing him and I fail to see how he created a TD for the other team. That Sack FF occured within 2 seconds from the back side as Dockery blew his block.

Not what I'm saying crayonboy, I'm saying he played pretty well inb the weather not excusing him and I fail to see how he created a TD for the other team. That Sack FF occured within 2 seconds from the back side as Dockery blew his block.

He played pretty well I suppose but he would have put up twice as many points if he played awesome.

He outplayed Cassel in terms of passing today. Are you serious? Honestly? Saying Cassel did fine. Trent did VERY well considering the conditions if you were there today a game really should not even be played. Next time a hurricane runs through Houston go out and try and throw a football.

The QB play today is NOT why we lost.

He outplayed Cassel in terms of passing today. Are you serious? Honestly? Saying Cassel did fine. Trent did VERY well considering the conditions if you were there today a game really should not even be played. Next time a hurricane runs through Houston go out and try and throw a football.

The QB play today is NOT why we lost.

Definitely not. I mean Trent put up zero, just like last time he played in bad weather, but the defense didn't score either. Neither did the special teams.

....all we know is that we managed 0 points and that's what any QB & offense are measured on, no excuses.

so it was Trent's job to drop the Royal pass.......my point is that Cassel handed the ball off....wow!!! He was 6 of 8 throwing the ball. Not impressive. They did not win b/c of their QB play. They won with there runs today and their defense. Very simple. Trent hits 60% of his passes in that weather 70mph gusts BTW and won in 10 degree weather last week so the cold/bad weather exciuse does not apply now. It is a bad team and a bad coach.