What do you dislike most about DJ?

Here are my main issues, in order:

1) Coaches way too tentatively. His teams show no urgency or imagination until the game is out of reach. We did not throw into the wind until the Pats (the visiting team) showed us (on our home field) that it could be done. Pathetic!

2) Related point - his lack of emotion transfers to the players. Players take on the personality of their coach and in DJ's case, his passive nature translates onto the field. That's a recipe for mediocrity.

3) Clock management. Enough said.

4) Allows players to get too comfortable. Why is it GOOD for a collection of 7-9 players to be comfortable with their coach, unless you want more of the same?

2) Related point - his lack of emotion transfers to the players. Players take on the personality of their coach and in DJ's case, his passive nature translates onto the field. That's a recipe for mediocrity.

This summarizes DJ. But Ralph Wilson will NEVER pay for a coach who will be any better than DJ. That's our problem.

1) Coaches way too tentatively. His teams show no urgency or imagination until the game is out of reach. We did not throw into the wind until the Pats (the visiting team) showed us (on our home field) that it could be done. Pathetic!

4) Allows players to get too comfortable. Why is it GOOD for a collection of 7-9 players to be comfortable with their coach, unless you want more of the same?

In other words, he is a kitty, and we need an ass kicker i think. Jauron is really clueless that is for sure-he is terrible in challening and any type of playcalling!!!

I'de go with #3 and add a #5. He makes dumb calls at crucial points of the game. For example:

Telling all of your DB's to specifically drop back into coverage and LET the cowboys get into FG range.

Running up the gut and settling for a 47 yard feild goal on a windy night. (Browns game)

Rolling out JP with 2:06 in the game when your holding a lead.

Running the ball up the gut with 22 seconds on the clock and no timeouts.

3rd and 9 (with the wind), run the ball up the gut.

4th and 1 (against the wind) throw the ball.

And these are just off of the top of my head, there are several moments like this every single week.

DJ's laid back, non-emotional behavior leads to lapses of discipline with players. It passes down to the coordinators, assistant coaches and finally the players. Duke Preston's outburst at the end of the first half could not be a better example. Can you imagine being in Preston's shoes if he were to pull this kind of stunt with a HC like Parcells, Cowher, Gruden, or Coughlin to name a few. :wallbash:

What I dislike the most is that everything Mike Schope (TBD's favorite whipping boy) has said since the Dallas game last year is unfortunately correct. It's fine to not be emotional, not call plays, be a player's coach, and be a CEO. What's not fine is that when you bring that little to the table elsewhere you have to be good in the detailed areas like clock and game management. Since he's not that essentially makes him Herm Edwards, who I don't think is the worst coach ever, but certainly not someone who can compete with Bellichick in the division. The next guy they bring in will most likely get owned by BB just as hard and maybe worse, but when the alternative "continuity" involves a ceiling of 7-9, that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I totally agree and I like your name!

Every time we get down around the other teams 30, the play-calling gets rediculous, like the hand-off on third and 9. It's like we can 48 yard field goal the other team to death.

Of course the running play with 20 seconds before half was classic Jauron. What purpose did a running play serve. No aggression on o,nothrows into the end zone, should have used the no-huddle in the third, no imagination. Nothing ever changes.

Thanks for letting me vent. It's been a hell of a season.

As much as I think it's time for DJ to go, I think he was the right coach at the right time for us. The ship was pretty much shipwrecked when he signed on. I think between him and Levy the franchise needed to be "stabilized." To some extent I think that has been accomplished.

Now, it's time for the next phase in this team's growth. At least from a talent standpoint, I think we can win with this group with the addition of a legit pass rusher and a solid TE/#2 WR.

This kind of reminds me of the post Jim Mora/pre Tony Dungy Colts. Sans of course, Bill Polian :unsure:

C