People have blasted TD, but just imagine now

1billsfan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...to aquire JP. Not having a QB to turn to after Bledosoe would really really really suck bad.

See everybody, it could always be worse.  ;)

90224[/snapback]

yeah we could be 1-5 with a busted rookie QB

I agree with 1billsfan. As much as it sucks to think that we might have given Dallas a top 3 pick, in all honesty people WHAT would we have used that pick on?

Ding, ding, ding.....if you said Quarterback, good for you.

Would you rather have Leinhart, Walter, Rogers, etc. next year as a rookie paying them $$$$ up the @ss

-or-

JP Losman

Its not clear cut, but I choose JP.

peace

Yes, I must say that over the past 4 years, TD has done an excellent job each offseason of doing the bare minimum to cover his own ass and save himself from getting fired. He does just enough to give fans hope, but his efforts for some reason never materialize into wins.

TD, a master of public relations.

TD, not a master of football management.

Yes, I must say that over the past 4 years, TD has done an excellent job each offseason of doing the bare minimum to cover his own ass and save himself from getting fired. He does just enough to give fans hope, but his efforts for some reason never materialize into wins.

90253[/snapback]

Hey KH, do you and I agree on something? ;)

Fletcher and Spikes were great moves. I think that Lawyer was a good picup too, and I like Vincent quite a bit. Sorry, but I think that Bledsoe was the right move at the time. It was also truly nice to watch TD cut the dead wood.

Other than that, imo, he has been a disaster. I dont believe that you can do THIS bad on draft day and be a successful GM.

It started with Mike Williams. Teams simply cannot afford a 36 million dollar sad sack. Not with the salary cap. From there, it got worse with other picks, coaches, etc.

Again, in my opinion, he should have taken JP in the 1st round if he thought/thinks he is that good.

Listen, I like Evans. We truly did need another receiver. Moulds is aging and counts more than 8 million toward the cap next year. That is not a doable figure. I understand that, but I believe that great offensive linemen are harder to get than receivers. Not only that, an OL, by virtue of providing time for the qb, can make receivers look a whole lot better.

In any event, we are now sitting with no #1, and it appears to be a top 5 pick. We could have made a play for Alex Baron, or traded down for a ton of picks.

TD truly struck out, but again, this is merely my opinion.

Nope he didn't have to trade. He could have passed on Lee Evans, signed a veteran free agent liek Stokely for MUCH less, and drafted Losman at 13. Or even trade down and draft Losman.

Donahoe wasted next year's pick.

...to aquire JP. Not having a QB to turn to after Bledosoe would really really really suck bad.

See everybody, it could always be worse.  ;)

90224[/snapback]

Nope he didn't have to trade. He could have passed on Lee Evans, signed a veteran free agent liek Stokely for MUCH less, and drafted Losman at 13. Or even trade down and draft Losman.

Donahoe wasted next year's pick.

90267[/snapback]

Stokely????

:huh::lol:;):(:D:w00t:

He could've drafted Matt Schaub in Round 2, who looks to be a quality NFL player someday (he far outperformed Vick in the preseason). Or, he could've traded our 2d or 3d round pick for Drew Brees, who is also making a name for himself. Or, he could've traded our 4th round pick for David Garrard... the list goes on. Not that I wasn't impressed with JP in the preseason, but let's hold off on the "thank god for Donahoe" threads until he produces a better product, hmm?

He could've drafted Matt Schaub in Round 2, who looks to be a quality NFL player someday (he far outperformed Vick in the preseason).  Or, he could've traded our 2d or 3d round pick for Drew Brees, who is also making a name for himself.  Or, he could've traded our 4th round pick for David Garrard... the list goes on.  Not that I wasn't impressed with JP in the preseason, but let's hold off on the "thank god for Donahoe" threads until he produces a better product, hmm?

90281[/snapback]

Dude...this is not a thank god for Donahoe thread. I think his ass is on the line as much as anyone for obvious reasons (we sincerely suck). The point of the thread was that I'm glad we have something to look forward to because the alternative would be depressing.

90253[/snapback]

wrong, TD is a master of football TEAM MANAGEMENT (read:salary cap)

he's NOT a master of personel management

that being said...

im not praising nor condeming TD for the trade.

no one would have counted on us having a top 5 pick next year, we would have drafted a QB anyways, now we have one thats been in the system for a year and will get some pro playing time this year.

On the other hand...

now that we know we would have been drafting early, i'd rather have Jason Campbell from Auburn rather than anyone else.

what are ya gonna do though?

hindsight right?

i know it seems like im not taking a stand either way cause im not. im so over the bills right now. TD's box is right behind my seats, seats ive been sitting in for 17 years, and im seriously thinking about bringing the rest of my tickets to the game on Sunday and throwing them through his window...

In hindsight, the trade is awful. Should the Bills have a top 5 pick, they could have used it to trade down and get a QB and another 1st round pick in the draft. Who knows what QB we could of had in the 2nd or 3rd round this past year, but that 1st next year limits us.

In hindsight, the trade is awful.  Should the Bills have a top 5 pick, they could  have used it to trade down and get a QB and another 1st round pick in the draft.  Who knows what QB we could of had in the 2nd or 3rd  round this past year, but that 1st next year limits us.

90531[/snapback]

WHOA

how is there hindsight when we're not past the point yet?

Losman could be amazing, the QBs in next years draft could be busts

OORRRR..

vice-versa

we have to wait until after next year to have hindsight on this.

Opinions of this trade right now are barely just that...opinions.

wrong, TD is a master of football TEAM MANAGEMENT (read:salary cap)

he's NOT a master of personel management

that being said...

im not praising nor condeming TD for the trade.

no one would have counted on us having a top 5 pick next year, we would have drafted a QB anyways, now we have one thats been in the system for a year and will get some pro playing time this year.

On the other hand...

now that we know we would have been drafting early, i'd rather have Jason Campbell from Auburn rather than anyone else.

what are ya gonna do though?

hindsight right?

i know it seems like im not taking a stand either way cause im not.  im so over the bills right now.  TD's box is right behind my seats, seats ive been sitting in for 17 years, and im seriously thinking about bringing the rest of my tickets to the game on Sunday and throwing them through his window...

90390[/snapback]

How is TD a master of the salary cap? Sure he dug them out of a hole, but there were lots of NFL teams in that position. Philly is one of the only ones that really managed their future spending throughout the late 90's.

Until his players start winning, what he accomplished is comparable to what would have happened if the Bills hired an accountant to be the GM. He was supposed to bring their spending in line so they would win - not just for the sake of doing so.

WHOA

how is there hindsight when we're not past the point yet?

Losman could be amazing, the QBs in next years draft could be busts

OORRRR..

vice-versa

we have to wait until after next year to have hindsight on this.

Opinions of this trade right now are barely just that...opinions.

90535[/snapback]

We are past the trade...it happened...and in hindsight it looks questionable. First and foremost do to a unforeseen event (cannot blame TD)...Losman got injuried.

Regardless, if the Bills give away a top 5 pick for the right to draft Losman and Evans, I think it would be a poor trade.

Here is my logic.....We could have taken Losman in the first round, risked losing Evans in last years draft, and in the essence not have the big time receiver. But, the wide receiver class on 2005 is strong, and with a top 5 pick would have a chance at another Johnson from USC.

With all due respect to Losman I'd MUCH rather have this years pick then JP.

It's looking like our pick this year will be a very early one and such a pick is very tradeable. It's conceivable that this pick could have been traded a couple times to get more picks.

I shudder to think of how many draft picks we might lose to Dallas because of this trade. But, oh well. At least we have our future QB. I think.