Revisiting A Trade Idea

Nightcrawler

I know trade scenarios are fun to talk about. I also admit that the Cowboys may be hesitant to trade someone they just picked up this season, but Roy Williams would be a great fit for Buffalo. Here's why:

Buffalo needs a legitimate #2 receiver as we all know. Buffalo wants a large receiver and Williams is 6'3. Buffalo needs a possession receiver. Williams until landing in Dallas can find the end zone but also has been productive on 2nd and 3rd down situations. Williams also played in Detroit's cold weather, so the Buffalo weather shouldn't be much of an adjustment.

Buffalo should trade their 2009 (2nd and 6th round picks) and Roscoe Parrish for Williams.

Dallas would consider the trade for several reasons:

First, Dallas without a first round pick doesn't pick until mid to late 2nd round. Jerry Jones is a gambler, and he loves having extra draft picks for trading up and down. A 2nd and 6th round pick gives Dallas draft options. Williams is talented, but he seems to not fit the Dallas circus with all the needs to get Owens, Witten, and Barber the ball. Lastly, Dallas can't truly depend on Adam "Pac Man" Jones to be a long-term fit as a PR. Roscoe Parrish is a solid PR, and he serves another need for Dallas to have extra depth as a 4-5 receiving option in their offense.

I believe this trade is both realistic and fits both teams needs. Buffalo needs another offensive weapon to move toward becoming a better offense. Dallas needs draft picks and could use the extra depth to be a playoff threat again.

Thoughts?

Why? We don't need another wide receiver. I think that James Hardy could be a good player in years to come. For some reason Buffalo didn't write him into the offense too much, and no it isn't because he sucks! Josh Reed is a stud, small, but a stud. Evans is great, Parrish is good both on offense and special teams (McKelvin can't do all of the return work). Steve Johnson is a big suprise to me. Buffalo doesn't need another receiver. They need linemen, Peters needs to go. I hate his attitude, and the fact that he held out for a bigger contract. Trade his ass for draft picks and pick up some young linemen. I thought that Walker did a good job at left tackle with Chambers on the right side. I think that that is the only reason why Peters came back to begin with. Once he saw that Buffalo was doing fine without him he must have figured out that he was expendable. Maybe that is why Buffalo has not offered him a contract yet. Langston should have gone to the Pro Bowl over Peters anyway.

But with all that said I still feel that Buffalo has good enough talent to win, and win big. I just think that the coaching really sucks.

Research his stats in cold weather games? OK...here are his performances in "cold weather" cities since he came into the league.

12/12/04 at Green Bay- 1 catch, 13 yards

1/2/05 at Tennessee- 4 catches, 62 yards, TD

12/11/05 at Green Bay- 4 catches, 53 yards, TD

1/1/06 at Pittsburgh- 3 catches, 31 yards, TD

12/3/06 at New England- 3 catches, 50 yards

12/17/06 at Green Bay- 1 catch, 11 yards

11/9/08 at Giants- 1 catch, 28 yards

11/16/08 at Redskins- 3 catches, 36 yards

12/7/08 at Steelers- 2 catches, 16 yards

I don't even know if these games were cold weather...but those were road games he's played in November-January in his career in cities where it occasionally gets a little chilly.

Not exactly impressive numbers.

trade scenarios are fun until I read the dumbest one I have ever seen. You just ruined trade scenarios for me and every one who actually wasted their time for reading yours. I think the guy in Billy Madison said it best we are all alittle more dumber than we were after hearing that crap.

I know trade scenarios are fun to talk about. I also admit that the Cowboys may be hesitant to trade someone they just picked up this season, but Roy Williams would be a great fit for Buffalo. Here's why:

Buffalo needs a legitimate #2 receiver as we all know. Buffalo wants a large receiver and Williams is 6'3. Buffalo needs a possession receiver. Williams until landing in Dallas can find the end zone but also has been productive on 2nd and 3rd down situations. Williams also played in Detroit's cold weather, so the Buffalo weather shouldn't be much of an adjustment.

Buffalo should trade their 2009 (2nd and 6th round picks) and Roscoe Parrish for Williams.

Dallas would consider the trade for several reasons:

First, Dallas without a first round pick doesn't pick until mid to late 2nd round. Jerry Jones is a gambler, and he loves having extra draft picks for trading up and down. A 2nd and 6th round pick gives Dallas draft options. Williams is talented, but he seems to not fit the Dallas circus with all the needs to get Owens, Witten, and Barber the ball. Lastly, Dallas can't truly depend on Adam "Pac Man" Jones to be a long-term fit as a PR. Roscoe Parrish is a solid PR, and he serves another need for Dallas to have extra depth as a 4-5 receiving option in their offense.

I believe this trade is both realistic and fits both teams needs. Buffalo needs another offensive weapon to move toward becoming a better offense. Dallas needs draft picks and could use the extra depth to be a playoff threat again.

Thoughts?

Sad guys...Only two thoughtful and well articulated points out of 12 responses.

Saying someone is soft and stupid or that your comments are so superior that they can't be listed doesn't give any insight other than reflect the character of the respondent.

Yes...I knew Detroit played in a dome, but research Williams stats in cold weather games and you'll see what I mean. And, yes I know Williams has had a down year. Keep in mind that it is the situation he has been in in Detroit's offense and in Dallas' off and on offense, not the talent or ability. Just look at the last three years he has had and his age with a lesser quarterback and line than Buffalo.

Thanks to those who gave quality thoughts such as dickie do-right and Poeticlaw. For those who didn't, please write a post or response that "contributes" to the purpose of this forum. Thanks!

The discussion is pointless because:

1. This is pure speculation..might as well contemplate whether we can trade Roscoe and picks for Peyton Manning

2. Dallas is flipped upside down big time on the Williams trade...they need time for a return on their investment

3. Last thing I would expect for the Bills to do is to bring in abig name wide reciever when they are still seeing they have in in Hardy and Johnson

4. Ralph is too cheap

5. People over estimate Roscoes worth....he's a luxury player....someone you can afford to have on the roster when you are solid at your other offensive skill positions... More reason its maddening the Bills drafted him with their top pick a couple years ago.

Williams has all the tools but has not been an impact player in Dallas, so I would not make that move. I'm not giving up on Hardy yet, remember it took Moulds 3 years to develop...Rookies are tough to get production from.

That's true to an extent...but it's also a myth to some degree. Nobody expected Hardy to be a star this year, but SOME production would have been nice.

Moulds did contribute as a rookie as a kick returner, and quite a bit on end arounds and reverses. He also put up better, while still modest, receiving numbers than Hardy.

Peerless Price had 31 catches and 3 TDs as a rookie.

Lee Evans had 800+ yards and 9 scores.

Josh Reed managed to grab 37 balls.

Andre Reed had 600+ yards and 4 scores.

Don Beebe had 300+ yards

Bucky Brooks and Roscoe Parrish did nothing as rookies...and never panned out as receivers afterward either.

Sad guys...Only two thoughtful and well articulated points out of 12 responses.

Saying someone is soft and stupid or that your comments are so superior that they can't be listed doesn't give any insight other than reflect the character of the respondent.

Yes...I knew Detroit played in a dome, but research Williams stats in cold weather games and you'll see what I mean. And, yes I know Williams has had a down year. Keep in mind that it is the situation he has been in in Detroit's offense and in Dallas' off and on offense, not the talent or ability. Just look at the last three years he has had and his age with a lesser quarterback and line than Buffalo.

Thanks to those who gave quality thoughts such as dickie do-right and Poeticlaw. For those who didn't, please write a post or response that "contributes" to the purpose of this forum. Thanks!

And what did this post actually "contribute" to, some Fantasy League???

Research his stats in cold weather games? OK...here are his performances in "cold weather" cities since he came into the league.

12/12/04 at Green Bay- 1 catch, 13 yards

1/2/05 at Tennessee- 4 catches, 62 yards, TD

12/11/05 at Green Bay- 4 catches, 53 yards, TD

1/1/06 at Pittsburgh- 3 catches, 31 yards, TD

12/3/06 at New England- 3 catches, 50 yards

12/17/06 at Green Bay- 1 catch, 11 yards

11/9/08 at Giants- 1 catch, 28 yards

11/16/08 at Redskins- 3 catches, 36 yards

12/7/08 at Steelers- 2 catches, 16 yards

I don't even know if these games were cold weather...but those were road games he's played in November-January in his career in cities where it occasionally gets a little chilly.

Not exactly impressive numbers.

Great research.

But why let FACTS get in the way of the original poster's nonesense?!?