Wow, winning masks everything...

cale

I'm all for optimism. But all of a sudden, some folks think we have a good coach and some great players.

The game yesterday was the exact game we played the first 4 games of the season. Denver was incredibly inefficient scoring TDs yesterday and their D was awful. Those FGs into TDs and we'd be running Jauron to the funeral pyre.

This team can't beat another team unless the other team stubs it's toe. And even then it's debatable.

Our D was sliced and diced all through the first 2 quarters. If Denver had a better running game, We'd be bat cr8p now. Good teams dictate games. We let other teams dictate to us. That is a direct result of coaching.

The only real superstars on this team are:

1) Lynch

2) Jackson

3) McKelvin

4) Evans - he disappears too much during long stretches but still a joy when he is "on."

5) I can't decide on Mitchell and Stroud. Too inconsistent.

C

I'm all for optimism. But all of a sudden, some folks think we have a good coach and some great players.

The game yesterday was the exact game we played the first 4 games of the season. Denver was incredibly inefficient scoring TDs yesterday and their D was awful. Those FGs into TDs and we'd be running Jauron to the funeral pyre.

This team can't beat another team unless the other team stubs it's toe. And even then it's debatable.

Our D was sliced and diced all through the first 2 quarters. If Denver had a better running game, We'd be bat cr8p now. Good teams dictate games. We let other teams dictate to us. That is a direct result of coaching.

The only real superstars on this team are:

1) Lynch

2) Jackson

3) McKelvin

4) Evans - he disappears too much during long stretches but still a joy when he is "on."

5) I can't decide on Mitchell and Stroud. Too inconsistent.

C

Who said we have a good coach now? Dick is a man who's coaching for his job now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Actually, it isn't about how many superstars you have, it's about how having talented players that play well as a team. They played like a team yesterday and made all of us proud. If they play that same way next week they will have a great shot at beating the Patriots.

I dont think we have a good coach, but I do think we have the players it takes to get to the playoffs. I see teams do more with less, Miami & Atlanta being a couple.......

You may be onto something there. I wouldn't mind seeing what a guy like Sparano (I realize he's a head coach now, which is why I said someone LIKE him) could do w/ our offensive line. Now, if they still have issues getting push in the run blocking and let the interior collapse in pass protection w/ someone else coaching the line, then we may have to admit that the talent level isn't what it should be.

You may be onto something there. I wouldn't mind seeing what a guy like Sparano (I realize he's a head coach now, which is why I said someone LIKE him) could do w/ our offensive line. Now, if they still have issues getting push in the run blocking and let the interior collapse in pass protection w/ someone else coaching the line, then we may have to admit that the talent level isn't what it should be.

Replacing Dick with Russ Grimm or Kirk Ferentz, both former OL coaches, would really change the importance placed on the OL, both in terms of performance and talent evaluation and acquisiton.

Everyone gets on Jauron's case for just having that one 13-3 season- lets not judge Sparano just yet either

Everyone gets on Jauron's case for just having that one 13-3 season- lets not judge Sparano just yet either

It would be a surprise to me if the Dolphins had as good of a season next year as this year, but what Sparano has done with most of what was a 1-15 team is remarkable. And minus DPOY Jason Taylor to boot. But there are no dominant units on the Dolphins. Jauron had his 13-3 season because he had an incredibly talented front 7, including better than 700 pounds of run stopping at DT in Ted Washington and Keith Traylor. Jauron's Bears SHOULD have gotten better.