LAMP, I was on TV News on Friday

LewPort71

Last Friday I was on the local TV News. The Red Cross is trying to boost blood donations and they had a ceremony

to honor those who had donated 100+ units. (I'm at 117) The three local news crews were present and one of the news guys made a donation. It was filmed and showed how easy blood donating is. The local congressman, Nick Joe Rahall (D)

gave a speech and passed out the awards. I was filmed shaking his hand , but the camera guy missed me going

to the bathroom to wash my hands after the handshake. IMHO, I think he's a crook, but that's another discussion.

Another donor was an old guy from my nieghborhood. I'd shudder to think who gets his blood 'cause he's

a crotchey old fart.

That's my story and if you can donate blood, please do so.

Last Friday I was on the local TV News. The Red Cross is trying to boost blood donations and they had a ceremony

to honor those who had donated 100+ units. (I'm at 117) The three local news crews were present and one of the news guys made a donation. It was filmed and showed how easy blood donating is. The local congressman, Nick Joe Rahall (D)

gave a speech and passed out the awards. I was filmed shaking his hand , but the camera guy missed me going

to the bathroom to wash my hands after the handshake. IMHO, I think he's a crook, but that's another discussion.

Another donor was an old guy from my nieghborhood. I'd shudder to think who gets his blood 'cause he's

a crotchey old fart.

43 units and counting.

I'll give till I can't.

a crotchey old fart.

:lol: Good story Lew! I used to donate all the time but I've gotten out of the habit. Perhaps my NY resolution?

I donated on Saturday. I lost track of how many donations after living in three states. People wondered what they could do and how they could help after 9/11. Donating blood was one answer that seems small until you need the blood. My type of blood is "O" which is considered rare.

Who is Nick Joe Rahall (D)?

I do enjoy raiding the Red Cross cantina for juice, famous Amos and Oreo's after the donation.

Thanks for donating everybody!