Brady or Cassel?

Why is it crazy to think the Pats would keep Cassle and trade Brady?

They did it to Bledsoe and in doing so sent him to the Bills!

Heres the top reasons they will trade Brady...

Cassel has won 11 games (im including the Bills next week)

Cassel is 385 yards away from throwing for 4000 yards this year (i bet he gets it against Bills)

Pats realize that it can take another year for Brady to recover

Brady is 32 Cassel is 26

Cassel is more mobile

The salary savings can be spent on 2 good linebackers.

2 first round picks.... This is what Brady will attract. (Gruden would prolly give that and more)

Overall the upside is fantastic for Cassel... Belidick would really fine tume him in camp next year.

Trust me Brady is GONE!

You may be right. Brady is about two years older today than Bledsoe was when they traded him. If someone was to make a monster offer for Brady, I could see Belichick pulling the trigger.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the difference, Matt Schwab Started in 3 games, Rob Johnson in 2 games. Then teams went crazy to get these guys. Matt Cassel started 15 games and played in a 16th. He became much better as the season progressed and had 2 400 games. At the end of the season he was playing at a top 5 level. Whether he can do it again next season is up to debate. If BB thinks he is better off with Cassel then he will ask Brady if he would like to be traded. Here is the kicker, if there is no CBA next season and there is no cap in 2010 then Cassel becomes a RFA because he will have less than 6 years. So they franchise him this season, if Brady is Brady then they trade Cassel. If Brady is not ready ,they keep him for the next year. If he plays well and Brady can no longer go they have the QB of the future. If there is no CBA then they will not have to franchise him in 2010. This sounds like they know what they want to do and are protecting themselves.

This is what good FOs do, they think ahead. They may have to eat 14 mill this year on Cassel but not next year. And if they are convinced that Brady will be back and ready they may get a couple of good draft picks on a guy who was picked in the 7th round. I could see the Lions trading their 20th or Minny their 22nd for him