NFL Playoffs are a joke

BillsFan74

If the Bills were 8-8 en route to a playoff birth would you complain? Personally, I think the NFL playoff system is the best in pro sports, and is the main reason the NFL is the juggernaut it is (well that and fantasy fb). Makes your division and conference games very important. I like how only 12 or the 32 teams make it unlike the NHL and NBA.

I wont be shocked to see the NFL do something about this. What they can do I have no idea.....maybe make it where noone has a BYE first round, I dont know.

But noway you can have a team that has 11 wins not get to the playoffs! Imagine if that was Buffalo having 11 wins, best season in 9 years and nothing to show for it.

LOL I know......just saying.....We all know SD or Den will be first round losers.

I'm not so sure of that. San Diego is inconsistent, but when they're good they're very good. I could see them winning a playoff game or two, or really making a run for the whole thing.

I'm not so sure of that. San Diego is inconsistent, but when they're good they're very good. I could see them winning a playoff game or two, or really making a run for the whole thing.

Yeah, but keep in mind that SD or Denver has to take on an Indiannpolis team currently on an 8 game winning streak.

I wont be shocked to see the NFL do something about this. What they can do I have no idea.....maybe make it where noone has a BYE first round, I dont know.

But noway you can have a team that has 11 wins not get to the playoffs! Imagine if that was Buffalo having 11 wins, best season in 9 years and nothing to show for it.

There is only one thing they can do to eliminate this from happening, and that is to eliminate the 8 divisions completely. As long as teams like Arizona and San Diego play in lousy divisions, they can win with 8-8-0 records, they must be allowed to make the playoffs, or what would be the sense of having divisions in the first place??

So this season you might very well have the 11-5-0 Pats miss the playoffs while the 12-4-0 Colts are forced to travel to the 8-8-0 Chargers for a road wild card game. Pretty stupid, I agree. But would these owners, who value their "rivalries" so much, be willing to throw out their divisional twice-a-year games to keep this oddity from happening? I doubt it.

No other sport has this many small divisions. Yes, MLB has the AL West with four, but mainly divisions have 5-6 teams. The playoffs were far fairer with three divisions in each conference. The only reason the NFL sticks with this is because of scheduling ease.

Wrong. The divisional format is to maintain and foster rivalries, which are seen as a key marketing component of the league's general success.

No other sport has this many small divisions. Yes, MLB has the AL West with four, but mainly divisions have 5-6 teams. The playoffs were far fairer with three divisions in each conference. The only reason the NFL sticks with this is because of scheduling ease.

OH, I thought they had another rea$on.

OK, if they don't eliminate all the divisions, the only other thing they could do would be to leave a division winner home for the playoffs in favor of the better wild card team! Could you imagine that? Neither can I.

At the very least, the NFL should make the crappy 8-8-0 or 9-7-0 division winner go on the road to play a wildcard game if their opponent has the better record.