Biden to Lead Task Force on Expanding Middle Class

UBinVA

Good point.

:beer:

I look forward to more "programs" like the ones that gave poor people the opportunity to buy houses they couldn't afford with money they'd never have, leading to incredible market inflation and the near ruin of the entire country.

You partisan parrots are just never going to get it.

Some people talk as if people are FORCED to join the military in this country.

There has not been a military draft since 1972. I, like every other male in this country, registered for Selective Service when I turned 18 in 1987. When I turned 26 in 1995, they took my name off the books.

By the time I was 26, I was a practicing lawyer. My understanding then (correct me if I'm wrong here) is that if I went into the military at that time, I would have gone through basic training, then received my commission as an officer, since I have a law degree and had passed the bar exam, and probably would have been placed in the JAG corps.

That's actually what happened to a friend of mine, anyway. A practicing lawyer, he joined the reserves in the summer of 2001 -- and got called to active duty after 9/11. He was, in fact, an officer in the JAG corps. He's older than I am (43) and is still on reserve status.

Thats the liberal mentality right there. Someone has an "out"...a way to better themselves, learn discipline, serve their fellow citizens, and its "bad", "pathetic", leads you to being "stuck" as the Democratic candidate for President John Kerry, who served HIMSELF said.

Liberals WANT people to be kept down or subscribe to their way and ONLY their way for their handout, usually at the teet that THEY decide is the one to be fed from. A black man who doesnt go through an Affirmative Action program, thats an "Uncle Tom", a woman who makes it to a CEO position or runs for higher office but doesnt march lockstep with the liberal feminist agenda? Outcast. A Republican homosexual? Cast aside.

Might as well name him Queen of England. Its a ceremonial position,pure and simple

Tell that to Queen Dick. You really don't believe Bush thought up all this stuff on his own did you? He's essentially pretty lazy. Cuttin brush is more his style. World domination and war for profits is all Uncle Dick. Or, you may prefer to call him Queenie.

Good 'ole boy Joe...a real champion of the middle class. :lol:

..."In Delaware, for instance, the state's outgoing Democratic governor raised some eyebrows when she appointed Biden's longtime chief of staff, Ted Kaufman, to Biden's Senate seat. Kaufman, 69, is widely understood to be a place holder for Biden's son Beau. Beau Biden, 39, is Delaware's attorney general, but is unavailable to be senator because he is serving a tour in Iraq and is not expected to return until late 2009.

"This is all Biden's attempt to foment a dynasty," said Jennifer Duffy, senior editor of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. "Kaufman has no learning curve, so Delaware doesn't get hurt in that regard. This all makes sense . . . except there were some Democrats in Delaware who were not happy that [outgoing] Lt. Gov. John Carney was not selected. He's in his early 50s, is looking for a job and is talking about challenging Beau Biden in a primary."."...

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/f...0,3343563.story

..."In Delaware, for instance, the state's outgoing Democratic governor raised some eyebrows when she appointed Biden's longtime chief of staff, Ted Kaufman, to Biden's Senate seat. Kaufman, 69, is widely understood to be a place holder for Biden's son Beau. Beau Biden, 39, is Delaware's attorney general, but is unavailable to be senator because he is serving a tour in Iraq and is not expected to return until late 2009.

"This is all Biden's attempt to foment a dynasty," said Jennifer Duffy, senior editor of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. "Kaufman has no learning curve, so Delaware doesn't get hurt in that regard. This all makes sense . . . except there were some Democrats in Delaware who were not happy that [outgoing] Lt. Gov. John Carney was not selected. He's in his early 50s, is looking for a job and is talking about challenging Beau Biden in a primary."."...

Beau Biden could have been appointed, and freed from his military obligation, and he said NO.

again we are talking about a state that only has 100 people in it, so only a select few actually can represent the state.

So are you in favor of or against him being named to Daddys seat?

I really don't care, to be honest. But it is true that he was mentioned as a replacement within days of the election and he said he wasn't interested. I am sure his dad would much rather have his son stateside but he respected his son's decision to honor his prior commitment.

So it would seem as if he has some integrity, which is something sorely needed in American politics these days.

I really don't care, to be honest. But it is true that he was mentioned as a replacement within days of the election and he said he wasn't interested. I am sure his dad would much rather have his son stateside but he respected his son's decision to honor his prior commitment.

So it would seem as if he has some integrity, which is something sorely needed in American politics these days.

Wasn't it refreshing to see President Bush's daughters join the military and support daddy's war? Oh...wait...

Wasn't it refreshing to see President Bush's daughters join the military and support daddy's war? Oh...wait...

If rumors are to be believed, they did their part in servicing the military.