Is Jason Peters the "new" Ruben Brown

EndZoneCrew

It seems like yesterday, but remember when Ruben Brown was making Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl and people on here wanted to peuke. I always felt Ruben was a VERY GOOD interior lineman for this team and I believe that he should have been here for his entire career! However, many posters were convinced that he was going just on reputation. Well, it seems like Jason had a very "Ruben-esque" year, complete with great play and not so great penalties. Would it be out of line, in comparing his early Pro Bowl career to that of Ruben Brown?

It seems like yesterday, but remember when Ruben Brown was making Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl and people on here wanted to peuke. I always felt Ruben was a VERY GOOD interior lineman for this team and I believe that he should have been here for his entire career! However, many posters were convinced that he was going just on reputation. Well, it seems like Jason had a very "Ruben-esque" year, complete with great play and not so greatpenalties. Would it be out of line, in comparing his early Pro Bowl career to that of Ruben Brown?

I think you make a good comparison and on that note, seeing as Brown went to eight consecutive pro bowls (1996-2003), does make the HOF?

I was always PO'd at the way the fans treated Ruben Brown. I thought he was a very good lineman and deserved at least 7 of his 8 ProBowls. A$$hats like the "coach" on GR made him out to be a less than stellar performer. Same thing with Glenn Parker. A$$hat said he played like a "fat girl." so we ran him outta town and he went on to play a few more seasons with the Giants, and made the SB . . .

As for Peters . . .Yeah, maybe he got in on rep this year, but who else is there at LT? Let's not run one of the very few one legit stars we have outta town cuz he made the ProBowl on an off year . . . <_<<_<:lol::w00t:

It seems like yesterday, but remember when Ruben Brown was making Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl and people on here wanted to peuke. I always felt Ruben was a VERY GOOD interior lineman for this team and I believe that he should have been here for his entire career! However, many posters were convinced that he was going just on reputation. Well, it seems like Jason had a very "Ruben-esque" year, complete with great play and not so great penalties. Would it be out of line, in comparing his early Pro Bowl career to that of Ruben Brown?

It is hard to get on the pro bowl list and maybe harder to come off. Players - maybe other than special teamers - go year after year. Jason Peters has pro bowl talent but did not play at theat level this year.

You are bitching about the Bills only pro bowl player? That's just sad. He's the best lineman the Bills have had in years.

I said that Ruben Brown was a VERY GOOD lineman and felt that the posters were always too hard on him.....and people are now complaining about Peters now making the Pro Bowl...I am merely making the comparision between the two....Please read more carefully next time

I think the evidence is pretty strong against this conclusion.

Matt Light, who made it in 2006 and 2007, failed to repeat this year. Marcus McNeil likewise made it in 2006 and 2007 and not this year. The Steelers' LT, Marvel Smith, is a one-time Pro Bowler, in 2005, and never repeated. Willie Anderson made four straight, but now hasn't been back in two years.

I think tackles have the opportunity to stand out more than guards, meaning voters are more able to determine year-by-year who the goods ones are.

If Peters said he feels like he didn't get back to Probowl form for the first 6 weeks (5-1 w/l)

"Asked what point in the season he thought he had regained his Pro Bowl form of 2007, Peters said, “I’d say week five or six..."

but then got his legs the last 8 weeks (1-7 w/l) does that mean we need to bench him?