My mock draft/and offseason plan

bobobonators

1. Sign Warner at QB. He still can throw the ball productively, and he can tutor Edwards. He wouldn't be here more than 2 years anyway. If we can't sign Warner, no biggie..I don't mind giving Edwards a shot again next year, but we def. need a veteran backup.

2. Sign Channing Crowder and put him at MLB; move Paul P. to the outside.

Those would be the main FA's the bills should sign.

Draft:

1. Michael Johnson--DE. Beast mode part II

2. Chase Coffman--TE. This offense and our QB's finally need a reliable TE. At 6'6, he would also be an instant redzone threat. He could very well be here for us when we pick in the 2nd. GET HIM.

3. Antoine Caldwell--C

4. Dorrell Scott--DT

5. Worrell Williams--MLB

6. Travis McCall--FB

7. Whatever.

Scott/KO Whitner

Mitchell/ Crowder/ Paul P.

Mcgee Schobel/Williams/Stroud/Johnson Greer

Evans Peters/Dockery/Caldwell/Butler/Walker/Coffman Reed

Warner

McCall

Lynch

Done. ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Sign Warner at QB. He still can throw the ball productively, and he can tutor Edwards. He wouldn't be here more than 2 years anyway. If we can't sign Warner, no biggie..I don't mind giving Edwards a shot again next year, but we def. need a veteran backup.

Draft:

2. Chase Coffman--TE. This offense and our QB's finally need a reliable TE. At 6'6, he would also be an instant redzone threat. He could very well be here for us when we pick in the 2nd. GET HIM.

3. Antoine Caldwell--C

4. Dorrell Scott--DT

5. Worrell Williams--MLB

6. Travis McCall--FB

7. Whatever.

Scott/KO Whitner

Warner

McCall

Lynch

Done. ;)

If, and thats a big if still, Warner plays next year it will ONLY be in Arizona. He is not even worth discussing. We have about as much chance of getting Brady.

Two, the Bills staff are said to be pretty high on Derek Fine, so I dont see them using a high pick on a TE...not saying they shouldnt, just dont see it happening. I think Fine has shown some potential and I hope they get him some more playing time down the stretch here to see what he can do.

Three, I think Poz would be worse on the outside. He is better suited to play MLB to me. I dont think he has the speed to as effective on the outside...just my opinnion though.

If, and thats a big if still, Warner plays next year it will ONLY be in Arizona. He is not even worth discussing. We have about as much chance of getting Brady.

Two, the Bills staff are said to be pretty high on Derek Fine, so I dont see them using a high pick on a TE...not saying they shouldnt, just dont see it happening. I think Fine has shown some potential and I hope they get him some more playing time down the stretch here to see what he can do.

Three, I think Poz would be worse on the outside. He is better suited to play MLB to me. I dont think he has the speed to as effective on the outside...just my opinnion though.

totally agree, we have no shot a Warner. Arizona would be crazy to let him walk. There is a chance we could get Karlos Dansby or Julius Peppers though. Getting aanother pass rusher might be the easiest way to improve our defense. As far as Poz, I think he played well enough as an OLB in college but he's too slow to do that in the pros. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills try to get a free agent WR with size. Who knows if Hardy is a bust or not (too early to tell IMO) but it coudln't hurt to give our QBs another WR just to be safe.....

I most likely agree with you with Warner, however that's who I would still target..depite the fact that it probably will not happen. I really don't knoww what veteran QB to bring in here. Batch? Grossman (is he any different than JP?)...the pickings look pretty slim. Maybe just go with Hamden and get a Boller type QB and hope for the best.

With respect to Derek Fine, they're pretty high on him? Based on what body of work exactly? His 5 or so catches for his career? Give me a break. (not meant towards you). It's about time this team got serious about the TE position b/c we're essentially playing every game with one man less on offense. Is it any surprise that we've been so pathetic in the red zone for the past 2-3 years? It shouldn't be.

Derek Fine would be perfect on this team..as the second or third TE behind Schouman.

As for Poz..didn't he play outside linebacker in college for a while? Poz would be an upgrade over Ellison though, that's for sure.

totally agree, we have no shot a Warner. Arizona would be crazy to let him walk. There is a chance we could get Karlos Dansby or Julius Peppers though. Getting aanother pass rusher might be the easiest way to improve our defense. As far as Poz, I think he played well enough as an OLB in college but he's too slow to do that in the pros. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills try to get a free agent WR with size. Who knows if Hardy is a bust or not (too early to tell IMO) but it coudln't hurt to give our QBs another WR just to be safe.....

Ya, i realize Warner probably won't happen. Any thoughts on what veteran QB to bring in though (w/o trading for one).

Ya, Dansby would be a solid pickup as well.

There aren't too many big WR's that are FA's though. What would you guys feel about Henderson from the saints? He's got big-play potential. Only 5-11 though I think...so he would be like a Lee Evans or Reed.

That's why I think we really need a TE. If we're going to have small WR's..then we need a big target at TE to go to in the red zone. Hardy hasn't shown anything and now with this injury he might not even play next year, or if he does, who knows how long it'll take him to get back to 100%.

Warner = 100% not going to happen

Channing Crowder can play OLB i thnk and I'd like him

Michael Johnson-overrated, everone thinks he is the best thing ever but he isn't. He could be the 4th/5th best DE in the draft (if some Jrs come out) has potential out the a-- though

Chase Coffman-good

Antoine Caldwell-good

don't know the others

With respect to Derek Fine, they're pretty high on him? Based on what body of work exactly? His 5 or so catches for his career? Give me a break. (not meant towards you). It's about time this team got serious about the TE position b/c we're essentially playing every game with one man less on offense. Is it any surprise that we've been so pathetic in the red zone for the past 2-3 years? It shouldn't be.

Derek Fine would be perfect on this team..as the second or third TE behind Schouman.

They are probably high on Fine due to the research before the draft and how has played in peseason/camps etc. What body of work does schouman have over Fine? He appeared in only 1 game last year. Has Schouman ever played a full game without getting injured. Fine looks to be getting more opportunities than Schouman the past couple of weeks.

I do agree with you that we need to bring in a high quality TE this year. I don't really like him personally but what about Kellen Winslow? he might be available in a trade.

Ya, i realize Warner probably won't happen. Any thoughts on what veteran QB to bring in though (w/o trading for one).

There aren't too many big WR's that are FA's though. What would you guys feel about Henderson from the saints? He's got big-play potential. Only 5-11 though I think...so he would be like a Lee Evans or Reed.

That's why I think we really need a TE. If we're going to have small WR's..then we need a big target at TE to go to in the red zone. Hardy hasn't shown anything and now with this injury he might not even play next year, or if he does, who knows how long it'll take him to get back to 100%.

Henderson would be a nice addition. What about Stevie Johnson- he will probably get more playing time next year and he is also a big target.

i thnk jon kittna will be released by detroit, he's not a big name and not really that great but he's certainly an upgrade over jp and hasenough experience to tutor trent and maybe win a couple games if, i mean when trent goes down.

the one FA i really want is Matt Birk but that's a pipe dream, Kellen Winslow is a big time talent but he's always hurt and kind of a jerk off. I think we will have to draft a guy like Coffman or Travis Beckum and start them immedietely b/c there isnt a lot out there TE-wise. As far as WRs i think we'll be the same; i'm a big Reed fan but he's best in the slot. i think Roscoe isnt really up to being a significant contributor at WR, but i like what i've seen of Steve Johnson and he's one of the few reasons i'm going to watch these last 2 games. Hardy sucks, but he'll be given some time.

No way Poz is quick as hell. He kept up with Ko Simpson trying to catch the Browns rb when he broke that big td run. Although Ko is pretty slow.

They are probably high on Fine due to the research before the draft and how has played in peseason/camps etc. What body of work does schouman have over Fine? He appeared in only 1 game last year. Has Schouman ever played a full game without getting injured. Fine looks to be getting more opportunities than Schouman the past couple of weeks.

I do agree with you that we need to bring in a high quality TE this year. I don't really like him personally but what about Kellen Winslow? he might be available in a trade.

Schouman and Fine to me are interchangeable and one isn't any more of an impact player than the other. As for Kellen Winslow, I'm not sure. He's ovbiously got talent, but you know how this organization is with "high character" guys, something Winslow might lack. I would stay away from him. If we were to take a chance on a questionable character like Kellen, I would rather have him be a "sure thing" on the field. He hasn't proven that yet imo.

Draft:

3. Antoine Caldwell - C

6. Travis McCall--FB

I'd expect Caldwell to go in the 2nd round. He's an AP 1st Team All American who's going to the Sr. Bowl, so his stock is going to go up.

And for the record, McCall is considered by many to be the best blocking TE in the draft. At Alabama, he was more of an H-back type, like Schouman. He was probably the most underappreciated piece of the puzzle that made Bama so successful on the ground this year.

i thnk jon kittna will be released by detroit, he's not a big name and not really that great but he's certainly an upgrade over jp and hasenough experience to tutor trent and maybe win a couple games if, i mean when trent goes down.

the one FA i really want is Matt Birk but that's a pipe dream, Kellen Winslow is a big time talent but he's always hurt and kind of a jerk off. I think we will have to draft a guy like Coffman or Travis Beckum and start them immedietely b/c there isnt a lot out there TE-wise. As far as WRs i think we'll be the same; i'm a big Reed fan but he's best in the slot. i think Roscoe isnt really up to being a significant contributor at WR, but i like what i've seen of Steve Johnson and he's one of the few reasons i'm going to watch these last 2 games. Hardy sucks, but he'll be given some time.

If Kitna is released, I'd definitely be up for bringing him in here. He's been around enough to be a very solid backup, and yet he hasn't been successful enough (imo) for him to demand a starter's position, thereby removing any potential controversy with Edwards/Kitna. I'd totally be down for Kitna.

I'd expect Caldwell to go in the 2nd round. He's an AP 1st Team All American who's going to the Sr. Bowl, so his stock is going to go up.

And for the record, McCall is considered by many to be the best blocking TE in the draft. At Alabama, he was more of an H-back type, like Schouman. He was probably the most underappreciated piece of the puzzle that made Bama so successful on the ground this year.

Ya, McCall has def. been great...how high do you see him going? I can't see him going any higher than the 5th round or so..and hopefully we'd be able to snag him.

Michael Johnson-overrated, everone thinks he is the best thing ever but he isn't. He could be the 4th/5th best DE in the draft (if some Jrs come out) has potential out the a-- though

Chase Coffman-good

Antoine Caldwell-good

don't know the others

Totally agree w/ you about johnson ( maybe next year's Gohlston) but i really like the center Caldwell ( very aggressive and athletic) and the TE - Coffman. I think the FA - QB's are scare so we're gonna have to be patient w/ trent. The good news is that this is a very deep draft for DE so lets see if our scouting dept is on point - some scouts b/l that at least 10 DE could have immediate impact in 1st yr :bag: .

I like #7.........the "whatever" pick.

Ask the Saints about that pick a few years back, see if thats a whatever pick. Colston was that pick......

Those later round picks can really make a team a dynasty......tons of great players were drafted then some not even drafted.....

Point being take every pick seriously......

Draft:

3. Antoine Caldwell--C

4. Dorrell Scott--DT

5. Worrell Williams--MLB

6. Travis McCall--FB

7. Whatever.

Scott/KO Whitner

Warner

McCall

Lynch

Done. :bag:

I hereby unilaterally elect bobonators to be GM and VP of football operations.

I think landing Warner would be incredibly difficult, but if there is a way I'm all for it. I also like the idea of actually drafting a FB. I'm tired of having a rarely used FB who seems like some guy we just picked up off the street. If there's a Tony Richardson or Lorenzo Neal type of guy out there, I'm all for landing him.

Chase Coffman-good

Antoine Caldwell-good

don't know the others

I agree no warner may end up with Garcia or another vet like him. I would love to get Suggs and Tank but Schobel's contract would have to go to make it happen. Greg Hardy is a stud DE from ole miss could be a good pick up or the kid from FLA State.