I don't blame the fans for their impatience anymore!

DIE HARD 1967

This may surprise you, but my history with the Bills goes back to the late 1960's ,70's and 80's when I attended every home and away game. I never missed one game for 14 years.

A former Buffalo Bill, Booker Edgerson had a travel agency and we traveled together nearly every week and I was his best customer. We also damaged a few hotel rooms in the process, but that is another story.

While most of you guys were spending your money on Fast Cars and good looking women, I was on a train, or flying to some remote location for a Bills match up. Week after week, month after month, watching the Bills.

When you travel nearly every week you eventually meet players, coaches, broadcast personnel and sportswriters. Some former players in the 70's and 80's thought I was a Buffalo Bills curfew spy for the team. True story! When I saw these players out on the town, they would leave the bar shaking their heads. " Oh, its that guy again"

I eventually convinced Jim Hasslett that I was just a fan, but every time somebody got busted, the players gave me that cold, dark stare while I sat at the bar. (lol)

I used to blame the fans for being impatient while Buffalo went through yet another rebuilding project.

I have spent 41 years in the "Wait till next year mode" but I really thought the Bills had a complete team this year with no major weaknesses. I am terribly disappointed to say the least!

I refuse to blame the fans for their impatience any longer becuase they have been patient.

I have now graduated to the "Next Year Or Nothing mode," at some point you need to stop making excuses.

You better figure it out Ralph, the fans are growing tired. Some fans are just plain exhausted.

- Die Hard 1967

I hear you Die Hard.

I have been a fan for 35+ years and enjoyed it, but this year is especially hard. I am sure it is the extreme high and extreme low during this season that has the fan's panties in a bunch. Now if the Bills were 0-4 then went 9-1, we all would have a different mood right now?

The Bills need to get ready for next year, so that means Beat the Broncos and Pats and Train like Hell!

Casmo

This may surprise you, but my history with the Bills goes back to the late 1960's ,70's and 80's when I attended every home and away game. I never missed one game for 14 years.

A former Buffalo Bill, Booker Edgerson had a travel agency and we traveled together nearly every week and I was his best customer. We also damaged a few hotel rooms in the process, but that is another story.

While most of you guys were spending your money on Fast Cars and good looking women, I was on a train, or flying to some remote location for a Bills match up. Week after week, month after month, watching the Bills.

When you travel nearly every week you eventually meet players, coaches, broadcast personnel and sportswriters. Some former players in the 70's and 80's thought I was a Buffalo Bills curfew spy for the team. True story! When I saw these players out on the town, they would leave the bar shaking their heads. " Oh, its that guy again"

I used to blame the fans for being impatient while Buffalo went through yet another rebuilding project.

I have spent 41 years in the "Wait till next year mode" but I really thought the Bills had a complete team this year with no major weaknesses.

I refuse to blame the fans any longer, they have paid the price and been patient.

I have graduated to the next year or nothing mode, at some point you need to stop making excuses.

You better figure it out Ralph, the fans are growing tired. Some fans are just plain exhausted.

Die Hard 1967

Sweet post!

<_<

I hear you Die Hard.

I have been a fan for 35+ years and enjoyed it, but this year is especially hard. I am sure it is the extreme high and extreme low during this season that has the fan's panties in a bunch. Now if the Bills were 0-4 then went 9-1, we all would have a different mood right now?

The Bills need to get ready for next year, so that means Beat the Broncos and Pats and Train like Hell!

Casmo

Sure would be nice to finish strong and give the fans some hope.

I have spent 41 years in the "Wait till next year mode" but I really thought the Bills had a complete team this year with no major weaknesses.

I refuse to blame the fans any longer, they have paid the price and been patient.

I have graduated to the next year or nothing mode, at some point you need to stop making excuses.

Die Hard 1967

I have nothing but respect for you <_<:lol::thumbsup::worthy::beer:

I eventually convinced Jim Hasslett that I was just a fan, but every time somebody got busted they gave me that dark stare while I sat at the bar. (lol)

I have spent 41 years in the "Wait till next year mode" but I really thought the Bills had a complete team this year with no major weaknesses. I am terribly disappointed to say the least!

I have graduated to the "Next Year Or Nothing" mode, at some point you need to stop making excuses.

- Die Hard 1967

Yeah, I've been a fan since the first game in 1960 at age 15. While you were chasing after the team in the late 60's, I was in Vietnam with the marines. I'm not giving up on the bills yet. Its only a game......Unfortunately, they're the only pro football team in town. Go root for another team if you have to...

Yeah, I've been a fan since the first game in 1960 at age 15. While you were chasing after the team in the late 60's, I was in Vietnam with the marines. I'm not giving up on the bills yet. Its only a game......Unfortunately, they're the only pro football team in town. Go root for another team if you have to...

I have given up on "Wait till next year" only

If you were a real fan, you would have flown in from Vietnam on the weekends (lol)

But the chinaman is not the issue here!! (private joke)

I eventually convinced Jim Hasslett that I was just a fan, but every time somebody got busted they gave me that dark stare while I sat at the bar. (lol)

I have graduated to the "Next Year Or Nothing" mode, at some point you need to stop making excuses.

- Die Hard 1967

You are one of my favorite posters on this board.......I love hearing stories like that. My father has similar ones to share, but they are about the Binghamton Triplets AAA baseball team of the Yankees years back.....

Just curious, what did you do for a living back then? PM me if you dont want to share with others.......

You are one of my favorite posters on this board.......I love hearing stories like that. My father has similar ones to share, but they are about the Binghamton Triplets AAA baseball team of the Yankees years back.....

Just curious, what did you do for a living back then? PM me if you dont want to share with others.......

I worked for Chevrolet Motor division in Tonawanda. I never volunteered for over time on the weekends

Seems like we were laid off more then we worked back in the 70's and 80's.

Tom Day,a defensive end for the Blls was a security guard after he retired, and we planned our out of town games together.

How stupid is it to blame the fans in the first place? What the F do we have to do with the dismal failure that is OBD?

You misunderstood what I said.( I changed the title for you)

I blamed the fans for being impatient ONLY.....that's it.

A little inside information for you, don't tell anyone....I was impatient too!

These boards are loaded with fans that want to waive players before they fininsh their second season.

[quote name='DIE HARD 1967' date='Dec 16 20I have given up on "Wait till next year" only

If you were a real fan, you would have flown in from Vietnam on the weekends (lol)

They wouldn't let me.... :lol:

Are you telling me that you couldn't steal a chopper on Friday and return it on Monday? ;)