This draft..and next year

sac bills

This year's draft is suddenly looking decent - except for Hardy and Ellis, of course. McKevlin, Johnson, Fine and Corner have all shown signs. Still, McKelvin is the only one I see being a big playmaker over the years. Just wish the coaches would stop calling such soft pass defenses. Why do they always give the WRs 10 yards?

So what should we draft this year? That tight end from Oklahoma? O-line? DE?

This year's draft is suddenly looking decent - except for Hardy and Ellis, of course. McKevlin, Johnson, Fine and Corner have all shown signs. Still, McKelvin is the only one I see being a big playmaker over the years. Just wish the coaches would stop calling such soft pass defenses. Why do they always give the WRs 10 yards?

Decent isn't much of a ringing endorsement. I'd rather it be a strong draft class. It's still too early to tell, we have to wait a few years to really tell what we have.

If Hardy and Ellis don't pan out (like most suggest here), that's 2 early picks you whiffed on. A 2nd & 3rd rounder. Those picks should be solid contributors to your team. It's nice that Stevie Johnson could work out (though it seems like this coaching staff waits TOO long to let guys play). As for Fine and Corner, we've only seen a very limited amount of plays from these guys.

Of all the picks in this year's class, Ellis has disappointed me the most. Yes, I expected more from Hardy, but receivers can take a few years to develop (see Josh Reed), so I'm willing to give him a little while longer. Ellis appears to be undersized, overwhelmed, and injury prone. I hope I'm wrong about him but it did not look good in his few appearances.

Well, I have been enamored with Texas defensive end Brian Orapko, but then I saw this video and decided linebacker Aaron Curry would be a wise pick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d41ead

We have to go offense in the first round, my choice is the center Alex Mack. Our defense isn't have bad and we could always draft a LB'er in the second round.

Based on the money they're throwing at the current DEs, I just don't see them drafting a DE in the first round or signing a free agent. At the same time, the pass rush from the DE has been the biggest defensive weakness.

Despite that, the defense ranks 13th - not terrible and actually pretty good considering how long they're on the field every week.

We have another rookie that was out all year with an injury, he might happen to help our linebacking corps

offensive line has been good the past few weeks. I predict no new starters on the o-line. If any a center.

I agree with you, but it can never hurt to have depth. I just think one of the biggest problems with this team is the neglect of the lines over the years in the draft.

I agree with you, but it can never hurt to have depth. I just think one of the biggest problems with this team is the neglect of the lines over the years in the draft.

Neglected(largely) the OL.......the DL has been heavily invested in over the years.

The last 9 drafts has seen 8 DLmen drafted in the first 3 rounds(2x1st, 3x2nd, 3x3rd).

We have to go offense in the first round, my choice is the center Alex Mack. Our defense isn't have bad and we could always draft a LB'er in the second round.

This would be the right way to go... They lose both Fowler and Preston to FA this offseason, if I'm not mistaken... and good riddance! A top center, DL, or LB should be the early draft goals... as I and a handful of others here were screaming this past April.

But that would actually be the sensible move for this team... and we all know the Bills organization rarely makes sense... I fully expect a PK or S in the first round. Ya know, for the swirling winds and Cover-2 argument... :doh:

use top draft picks on impact players--DE's in my opinion. not on depth

DUDE, whatever. Just make it a lineman. I PROMISE you the team would get better if they would just get some talent on the defensive line and add depth and a new starting center to the OL.

Neglected(largely) the OL.......the DL has been heavily invested in over the years.

The last 9 drafts has seen 8 DLmen drafted in the first 3 rounds(2x1st, 3x2nd, 3x3rd).

Yeah and they've all been the wrong kind. Save the undersized high character guys for the special teams and bring on some guys that want to kick someone's ass.