Toast Whitner

bananathumb

I don't care who won today. It just irks me to know that the Jets game-planned against out first round pick, D. Whitner, otherwise known as "the mouth" or just "Slow". They just told Favre, throw to whomever Whitner is covering and it worked

Thanks again, Levy, for showing us your football instincts and picking a guy you could have had in the second round.

When is this guy ever going to make a play?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care who won today. It just irks me to know that the Jets game-planned against out first round pick, D. Whitner, otherwise known as "the mouth" or just "Slow". They just told Favre, throw to whomever Whitner is covering and it worked

Thanks again, Levy, for showing us your football instincts and picking a guy you could have had in the second round.

Yeah, that loss was TOTALLY on Whitner :angry:

Seriously,

He's the new JP Losman in that people still make excuse after excuse for his terrible play.

He just got Burned 4 straight times on the 2nd jets drive.

All he EVER does is make a few tackles after he gets beat for a catch.

Never makes big plays.

He has 1 sack.

ZERO FF

ZERO INT

and all of 1 PASSES D'd!

HOLY CRAP THAT AWFUL!!!

He needs to be benched or cut or something....

didn't want it to get lost in the fact that Losman, Dick and Turk are also wretched.

How horrid is that...he looks like Jim Leontard out there...."Marv Marv....get that Haloti Ngata kid...pick him, pick him"

Whitner hasn't looked the same, since coming back from the injury. But, I have never seen him play a bad game, until today. He wasn't good out there today. It is fairly clear that he really isn't himself, out there, and probably shouldn't be on the field.

But, moronic posts like bannathumbs, show no respect for the fine quality of Whitner's play for the vast majority of his time in Buffalo.

I was constantly ridiculed for criticizing the Whitner pick.

3 years later... look where we are today. :angry:

There are a lot of dumb things said on this board but I will say there was almost no one who agreed with this pick, I'd say the vast majority did want Ngata but there was also a contingent that wanted Bunkley.

How can you say that? He ALMOST ALWAYS makes a solid tackle after the guy he's covering catches the ball and makes the first down. What are you expecting? A tipped ball, interception or a hit that separates his man from the ball? What do you think, he was a first round pick or something?

Sarcasm off now - Marv flat out blew this pick. I've been flamed on here for some time for saying so, but it's true. WHITNER IS NOT AN IMPACT PLAYER FOLKS - MCKELVIN IS MORE OF AN IMPACT PLAYER AND THAT IS NOT SAYING MUCH.

I wouldn't expect anyone on this board to figure anything out that an announcer didn't point out to them, however, let me enlighten you. Because of the lack of depth at corner and the team's inability to bring in quality veteran depth, Whitner was playing cornerback in the nickle and dime packages and like most safeties, coverage isn't his strongsuit, especially when there is no pass rush.

Next lesson will be coming in twenty four hours.

I wouldn't expect anyone on this board to figure anything out that an announcer didn't point out to them, however, let me enlighten you. Because of the lack of depth at corner and the team's inability to bring in quality veteran depth, Whitner was playing cornerback in the nickle and dime packages and like most safeties, coverage isn't his strongsuit, especially when there is no pass rush.

Next lesson will be coming in twenty four hours.

One of the reasons that the Whitner pick was justified in the first place was that he had the speed and skills to play CB at this level, as needed.

One of the reasons that the Whitner pick was justified in the first place was that he had the speed and skills to play CB at this level, as needed.

Exactly. While Whitner shouldn't be playing corner, on a regular basis, he has the ability to cover WHEN HEALTHY. If you noticed the way he has been running since he returned from the shoulder injury, you can see there is something still not right with him,. physically.

He had his first bad game as a Bill, and you are gloating. Figures.

By YOUR standards, he had his first bad game as a Bill. He has had a number of sub-par efforts during his tenure here. Considering where he was selected, he has been fairly average (and that's being generous).

Bryan Scott is a better safety than Whitner. And that's just sad. <_<

By YOUR standards, he had his first bad game as a Bill. He has had a number of sub-par efforts during his tenure here. Considering where he was selected, he has been fairly average (and that's being generous).

Bryan Scott is a better safety than Whitner. And that's just sad. <_<

Wow, you need to go back to football school, Dawgg. Scott doesn't have much versatility, but plays the line and the TE farily well.