Defense good or bad

jbird78

Defense Good or bad  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think our defense is good or bad

• Good
    • Bad

What about in between?

I wouldn't call the D good......but I certainly wouldn't call them bad either.

How about for fun this answer gets no prequalifiers. I know its tough to make an answer so absolute about a topic as in depth as defense, otherwise we wouldn't need the stadium wall. But based on our personnel and coaching good or bad. No in between. Don't be afraid just go for it. What do the fans think.

Here's an answer with no qualifiers. This defense sucks. It sucks bad. They get no pressure on the quarterback even when they blitz, they make no big plays, they are HORRIBLE on 3rd down,they play so soft in coverage that they are never in position to make a play even on a tipped or badly thrown ball. Do they even have a DE on the team?

and when push comes to shove they can't stop the opposition when it matters.

Not that our offesne helps them at all but how many times all season has the defense gievn our offense good field position? Any field position we get is from the ST unit. We can't play field positon because we can't keep the opposition backed up. We inevitably give up at least 2 first downs which allows a flip of field position. How many times have we started from inside our own 10 this year? Have we forced our opponenets to punt from their own end zone all year?

Here's an answer with no qualifiers. This defense sucks. It sucks bad. They get no pressure on the quarterback even when they blitz, they make no big plays, they are HORRIBLE on 3rd down,they play so soft in coverage that they are never in position to make a play even on a tipped or badly thrown ball. Do they even have a DE on the team?

and when push comes to shove they can't stop the opposition when it matters.

Not that our offesne helps them at all but how many times all season has the defense gievn our offense good field position? Any field position we get is from the ST unit. We can't play field positon because we can't keep the opposition backed up. We inevitably give up at least 2 first downs which allows a flip of field position. How many times have we started from inside our own 10 this year? Have we forced our opponenets to punt from their own end zone all year?

Stats suggest that they are greatly improved. Especially when you consider that the offense has sucked and turned the ball over far too often. Fix the pash rush get LB depth and this d has the potential to dominate games.

How about for fun this answer gets no prequalifiers. I know its tough to make an answer so absolute about a topic as in depth as defense, otherwise we wouldn't need the stadium wall. But based on our personnel and coaching good or bad. No in between. Don't be afraid just go for it. What do the fans think.

Sorry, can't do it.

You'll end up with masses more bad than goods on your pole. The team is in the crapper so the 'everything should be replaced' mentality will rule.

Also, it is a lot easier to say "The D isn't good....therefore it is bad." than it is to say "The D isn't bad....therefore it is good."

The defence is Good, good enough to take the team to the playoffs. The aren't great, or a top 5-10 defence, but good enough not to cost them games. look all you want at stats, but the most important stat is points given up, cause thats what wins and loses football games. They are keeping the team in games, but just aren't good enough to do the offences job for them and carry the team and win games for them. The offence on the other hand is bad, very bad. With a decent offence, like one that could score 20 points a game, the defence would look much better because they would actually be winning games.

22 sacks, 7 int's and 7 fumble recoveries in 13 games is pathetic. That equals 1 and a half sacks and one turnover a game. Half those sacks came in two games Seatle and San Franciso. How can you call that good,

Sacks is a BS stat.. I think QB pressures is a more relevant stat.. and the bills are good at that

It's definitely not 'bad'. The Bills actually still have a net + in points scored for/against on the season, which is an accomplishment considering the weak offense.

However, the puss rush is VERY bad. Fix it and the D could be a strength.

Get a C and a vet WR (who's taller than 5' 10" please) and the offense might be ok too. This could be a good team if mgmt would finally address the real issues.

Sacks is a BS stat.. I think QB pressures is a more relevant stat.. and the bills are good at that

Well that is the Jauron quote and I disagree. The defense would be much better if we could get consistent pressure with our front four, which we do not. We are at the bottom of the league in sacks and that must improve. Although the D is not the reason we are not making the playoffs.