N,Y. sen. seat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2...ews_i_woul.html

What an eloquent speaker. She must have taken lessons from Obama. :thumbsup:

You'll get what you deserve NY. :flirt:

"I'm really coming into this as somebody who isn't, you know, part of the system, who obviously, you know, stands for the values of, you know, the Democratic Party Kennedy told the Daily News Saturday during a wide-ranging interview.

"I know how important it is to, you know, to be my own person. And, you know, and that would be obviously true with my relationship with the mayor."

"Andrew is, you know, highly qualified for this job," she said. "He's doing a, you know, a great job as attorney general, and we've spoken throughout this process."

"You know, I think, you know, we're sort of, uh, sharing some of this experience. And um, as I've said, he was a friend, a family member, and um so, and uh obviously, he's, you know, he's also had an impressive career in public office."

"It's really, you know, it's not about just the Kennedy name," she said. "It's about my own work and what I've done with those values."

That airplane was nicknamed "the doctor killer," because it was too much airplane for people who were still rich enough to afford them.

I have heard the Beech v tail bonanza called that Rather than the Piper Kennedy was in but both are safe with a COMPETENT pilot. Just highlighting the I am a Kennedy so I must be good mindset.

I have heard the Beech v tail bonanza called that Rather than the Piper Kennedy was in but both are safe with a COMPETENT pilot. Just highlighting the I am a Kennedy so I must be good mindset.

Like people from Alaska know a lot about competent leadership. :sick:

Oh you're right. That's what I thought he had been flying. I don't know why I remembered it that way. Man that's been almost ten years ago already.

Look, I am not going to defend Kennedy... fact is other than charity and non-profit work, I don't know much about her. She has always appeared to be reasonable, able to articulate what she supported intelligently and stayed out of the fray and work behind the scenes to support whatever cause she was involved in.

This really shows how little people know about her.

Caroline Kennedy no whiz with words

Caroline Kennedy, you know, might need, you know, a speech coach, um, if she, you know, wants, um, to be a senator.

Um, you know?

Kennedy, who gave a flurry of media interviews on Friday and Saturday, revealed some cringing verbal tics that showed her inexperience as a speaker, experts told the Daily News.

In a 30-minute session with The News on Saturday, Kennedy punctuated her answers with "you know" more than 200 times. "Um" was fairly constant, too.

Transcripts of her interviews with other media outlets showed the same problem. She said "you know" at least 130 times to The New York Times and more than 80 times on New York 1.

How does one attend the best schools in the country while growing up and still manage to speak like that? People say engineers can't articulate their ideas but even we covered that in some of our courses (and at a state school! SUNY Buffalo). Every time, "Umm," or "You know" was uttered during a presentation, we'd lose a point from our final score regardless of the brilliance of the content.

This really shows how little people know about her.

Caroline Kennedy no whiz with words

How does one attend the best schools in the country while growing up and still manage to speak like that? People say engineers can't articulate their ideas but even we covered that in some of our courses (and at a state school! SUNY Buffalo). Every time, "Umm," or "You know" was uttered during a presentation, we'd lose a point from our final score regardless of the brilliance of the content.

Unpracticed and unpolished in this area is my guess. But surprising because supposedly she's good at fund raising, which implies she has to speak.

Unpracticed and unpolished in this area is my guess. But surprising because supposedly she's good at fund raising, which implies she has to speak.

Trust me, she's not working the phone banks dialing random numbers. Think about it.

The charity plans and hosts a rubber chicken dinner and she's hired as a featured guest "speaker".

She makes a 10 minute prepared speech asking those in attendance to rattle their jewelry and shuck some bucks into the black box in the back of the room. People attend because she's an oddity. She's an intensely private person and they would never have an opportunity to meet and shake hands with her or any other Kennedy for that matter. She's the least articulate Kennedy I've ever seen with perhaps the exception of Will the rapist - who sat mum during his entire trial.

Trust me, she's not working the phone banks dialing random numbers. Think about it.

The charity plans and hosts a rubber chicken dinner and she's hired as a featured guest "speaker".

She makes a 10 minute prepared speech asking those in attendance to rattle their jewelry and shuck some bucks into the black box in the back of the room. People attend because she's an oddity. She's an intensely private person and they would never have an opportunity to meet and shake hands with her or any other Kennedy for that matter. She's the least articulate Kennedy I've ever seen with perhaps the exception of Will the rapist - who sat mum during his entire trial.

Still water runs deep. I'll bet she is good in bed :cry: