What happened to the press box relocation project at RWS?

LabattBlue

What happened to the project where they were going to move the press box to one of the corners of the stadium where they have the indoor theater seating, so that more "premium" seating/suites could be constructed on the sidelines?

This was announced sometime in the last year or two.

It was announced -- but curiously enough, not to the beat reporters, who found out about it when the BuffNews ran a story in the City/Region section -- at the same time as the scoreboard/ribbon-board deal, but the actual work was supposed to take place during this last offseason. At first, they said they were holding off because they didn't think they could complete both projects before the 2007 season started. (Later, when it came out that the scoreboard company was still waiting for payment from Erie County, it was suggested that Ralph wasn't about to put any of his own money into the plan, and the boards took up the entire county contribution for that year.)

Obviously, that part of the plan never happened. Back in March, it was relayed to me that the idea was apparently being scrapped; my source was told that the cost of moving the press box would be prohibitive compared to the eventual revenue it would raise.

It was announced -- but curiously enough, not to the beat reporters, who found out about it when the BuffNews ran a story in the City/Region section -- at the same time as the scoreboard/ribbon-board deal, but the actual work was supposed to take place during this last offseason. At first, they said they were holding off because they didn't think they could complete both projects before the 2007 season started. (Later, when it came out that the scoreboard company was still waiting for payment from Erie County, it was suggested that Ralph wasn't about to put any of his own money into the plan, and the boards took up the entire county contribution for that year.)

Obviously, that part of the plan never happened. Back in March, it was relayed to me that the plan was apparently being scrapped; my source was told that the cost of moving the press box would be prohibitive compared to the eventual revenue it would raise.

Thanks!

(Later, when it came out that the scoreboard company was still waiting for payment from Erie County, it was suggested that Ralph wasn't about to put any of his own money into the plan, and the boards took up the entire county contribution for that year.)

Shocking. Simply shocking. Has Erie County conducted a blood drive for RW yet?

Perhaps Wilson can read The Waterworks for some ideas...

Obviously, that part of the plan never happened. Back in March, it was relayed to me that the idea was apparently being scrapped; my source was told that the cost of moving the press box would be prohibitive compared to the eventual revenue it would raise.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1245373

I liken the situation to living in a neighborhood where there's a grand old Victorian house on the main corner that's in disrepair. Old man Wilson who lives there who has the means, but won't paint, won't do any landscaping, won't replace a gas range with three out of four non-functional burners, won't fix the leaky roof, won't empty the trash that's accumulated inside the house b/c "Antiques Roadshow" has gone to his head and he thinks everything he owns is worth $2,000-3,000, etc. Pretty much, he doesn't want to do anything beyond emergency absolutely-must-do repairs and changing burned-out lightbulbs. And only those lightbulbs he reads his AARP magazine by in the kitchen, or more likely the bathroom --- screw the one on the porch. Essentially, he's waiting to die. There's a whole host of people who'd like to move in and fix the place up to make it the gem of the neighborhood again. Old man won't sell, tho. He wants to keep living there and watch Matlock reruns, eat half-warm TV dinners and collecting his $900/month Social Security check.

Whoops. Seems like Old Man Wilson's neighborhood block put in an HDTV for him. You know, maybe at least encourage him to clean up a little. Ralph's been thinking of laying it down and putting it up on cinder blocks as a table to hold his meds, tho.