QB recommedations...

Buftex

My current QB roster is made up of:

Brett Favre

Kerry Collins

Drew Bledsoe

As you can see, I am in trouble. Favre has been good enough, but I am anticipating that all of his nagging injuries, and his wifes' illness may cause him to finally miss some time. Also, he has a bye week in week #9. Collins has been horrid, and Bledsoe, well, we all know, we are Bills fans...

There are only three QB's of any quality left as free agents in my leauge:

Vinny Teteverde (at Cincinnati week 9)

Drew Brees (vs. New Orleans week 9)

Josh McNown (at Miami week 9)

Brees has been a nice story, but in fantasy terms, he is pretty mediocre. Testeverde, like Drew, seems just as capable of having a horrendous game as a decent one. McNown, well, he is a starter. Which of these guys would you pick up, and who would you cut in favor, Bledsoe or Collins. I am leaning toward picking up Testeverde, and ejecting Bledsoe, but I just want someone elses' opinion. I am 6-1 in my leuge (my best start in about 10 years) and first all alone, and I don't want to blow this damn thing! Thanks!

Id roll the dice with McNown over the other two.

Arizona will play from behind at times thus giving him opportunities to throw for more yards...and Boldin will be back which will make their offense better in the 2nd half.

88595[/snapback]

Mcnown is good,

If you need a starter for just a week or two may want to try McNairs backup - Votek (not a 100% on the spelling).

Id roll the dice with McNown over the other two.

Arizona will play from behind at times thus giving him opportunities to throw for more yards...and Boldin will be back which will make their offense better in the 2nd half.

88595[/snapback]

I agree, pick up McNown and drop Bledsoe.

i hate to be the optimistic bills fans, but thats what i am....

with mcgahee starting now, i could really see our offense picking up. bledsoe might not be  a bad starter after all. but i dont see how keep farve is a gamble. the guy will start and make big plays regardless of injury.

89990[/snapback]

Oh, I am sticking with Favre all the way. He still has far more good games than bad, from a fantasy standpoint. I would never drop him. I am more concerned with week 9 (Favres' bye week) and the off chance that Favre may actually finally miss some time. I know they will have to lock him in the locker room to get him off the field, but he is really banged up the last few weeks. And to top it off, I think his wife is set to start going through chemotherapy soon. If you have never been through that, or know someone who has been, it is pretty grueling, particularly in the beginning. Just trying to prepare for the worst case scenarios. The only game I lost this season, in FF, was one where Favre missed most of the second half (week 2 or 3, can't remember). He had 1 td and about 60 yards. In my leauge, that translates to 8 fantasy points. We need at least 16 to 25 points from a QB to have a realistic shot at winning in our leauge.

I see your point about Bledsoe and the Bills offense, and I have been standing by Drew forever, but that Baltimore game was brutal. Luckily, he was on the bench for me this past week, but fantasy wise, his 200 yards passing and 5 turnovers translated to -2 points for the week. Not pretty....in FF, you can't hold on to guys from your favorite team, if they are not producing. Besides, I already have Lee Evans (predicting a big second half from him) and the Bills defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.