Playoffs

Reddy Freddy

Does anyone know what needs to happen for us to stay alive for the playoffs for the week?

Please, keep the "act of God" comments and the Jim Mora reprisals to a minimum. Obviously, we need to win and have those ahead of us lose, but I was wondering if anyone had a more specific set of conditions to stay alive. Something like "Bills must win, Team X must lose, and either Team Y or Team Z must lose.

Hey, if there's a chance, then there's a chance, even if it's one-in-a-million. And I suspect the odds of us staying alive at least for this week are a lot better than one-in-a-million.

And besides, I seem to remember a playoff game in January 1993 where the Bills faced some pretty long odds ...

Does anyone know what needs to happen for us to stay alive for the playoffs for the week?

Please, keep the "act of God" comments and the Jim Mora reprisals to a minimum. Obviously, we need to win and have those ahead of us lose, but I was wondering if anyone had a more specific set of conditions to stay alive. Something like "Bills must win, Team X must lose, and either Team Y or Team Z must lose.

Hey, if there's a chance, then there's a chance, even if it's one-in-a-million. And I suspect the odds of us staying alive at least for this week are a lot better than one-in-a-million.

And besides, I seem to remember a playoff game in January 1993 where the Bills faced some pretty long odds ...

Would it help you to know that a tie is needed in the final game of the season..it's really all you need to know

Bills need to win out.

NE needs to lose out.

Jets need to lose the next 2.

Phins need to lose the next 2.

Jets & Phins need to tie on week 17.

AFC east standings would be:

Bills 9-7

Jets 8-7-1

Phins 8-7-1

NE 8-8

Bills win AFC east

A wildcard is not possible.

The Colts already have the conference record tiebreaker for one wild card spot, so the Bills cannot beat out the Colts.

The Ravens already have the common opponent tiebreaker. They would go 3-1 against Oak, Cle, Mia, Jax while the Bills are 2-2 against those opponents, so the Bills cannot beat out the Ravens.

There in no long odds the BILL ARE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS dont talk about the playoffs wish about the playoffs this year ypu can dream about them that sit this playoff run is over. Before it was beleak now its fade to black there is no way 3 teams are going to lose the next 2 and no way theres a tie at the end of the season with the division on the line and THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY WE WIN 3 IN A ROW AGAINST TEAMS WITH A WINNING RECORD :censored::censored::censored:

There in no long odds the BILL ARE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS dont talk about the playoffs wish about the playoffs this year ypu can dream about them that sit this playoff run is over. Before it was beleak now its fade to black there is no way 3 teams are going to lose the next 2 and no way theres a tie at the end of the season with the division on the line and THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY WE WIN 3 IN A ROW AGAINST TEAMS WITH A WINNING RECORD :censored::censored::censored:

Strange how sometimes spelling, grammar and punctuation can tell you all you need to know about a person.

Jauron is the coach. There is zero chance the Bills go to the playoffs. Zero.

Bills need to win out.

NE needs to lose out.

Jets need to lose the next 2.

Phins need to lose the next 2.

Jets & Phins need to tie on week 17.

AFC east standings would be:

Bills 9-7

Jets 8-7-1

Phins 8-7-1

NE 8-8

Bills win AFC east

A wildcard is not possible.

The Colts already have the conference record tiebreaker for one wild card spot, so the Bills cannot beat out the Colts.

The Ravens already have the common opponent tiebreaker. They would go 3-1 against Oak, Cle, Mia, Jax while the Bills are 2-2 against those opponents, so the Bills cannot beat out the Ravens.

Now now, it's not as bad as your post makes it seem! The Pats* don't necessarily HAVE to lose out; they could in fact tie in Week 15 or 16 to put all three of our foes at 8-7-1. Just sayin'. :)

One silver lining of another loss on Sunday will finally be the end of these silly "what needs to happen" threads.

Another silver lining will be the end of these "The Bills have no chance to make the playoffs! Be realistic!" posts. How tiresome. Everyone knows the Bills have virtually no chance. But it can be interesting to some people to see what needs to happen. Get over it.