OJ off the Wall

dgwalsh

Now that justice has been served, will OJ FINALLY come off the wall? Please don't tell me that you can't hate the player, only the man. Disassociate the organization from the creature, now. He will not be missed and this tie should have been cut 14 years ago. Finalize it - no one will miss him.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He belongs on the wall. The wall signifies a player's contributions to the team ON THE FIELD. He's made some serious mistakes and is a bad man but all that happened well after he retired. The guy won the Heisman and rushed for 2,000 yards in a 14 game season.

Unbelievable. Do you sell that crap to your kids? He's a woman beater and woman killer. That you and the team pay tribute to any of his accomplishments is a disgrace.

Unbelievable. Do you sell that crap to your kids? He's a woman beater and woman killer. That you and the team pay tribute to any of his accomplishments is a disgrace.

You grossly misunderstood me. I apologize. He is a bad man, like I said. And he deserves the prison sentence he got and more. I don't condone his behaviour in no way shape or form. I was simply highlighting how good a football player he was.

Now that justice has been served, will OJ FINALLY come off the wall? Please don't tell me that you can't hate the player, only the man. Disassociate the organization from the creature, now. He will not be missed and this tie should have been cut 14 years ago. Finalize it - no one will miss him.

When he was acquitted of a crime? <_<

No. You sell to your kids that he was the greatest offensive player in Buffalo Bills history, and should be remembered as such.

You should pay tributes to that. If your kid becomes some criminal, or you think that the entire reason he can't figure out the difference between right or wrong is because you told him OJ Simpson was a great NFL running back, than chances are you're an awful parent.

Now stop forcing your sh*tty ideals down other peoples throats. If you don't want to remember him, don't. But don't tell me I can't tell my kid that OJ Simpson should not be remembered because you're a bad parent. Don't tell me I can't tell my kid that Pete Rose was a great baseball player because you don't like betting.

Are you going to falter when your child asks, "Daddy who is OJ Simpson?" Stumbling your words till conclude with, "Don't worry about it, that's for another time when you're older."

Thats bull. You say he was the best Running back the bills ever had. He made some mistakes and was a horrible person, but he was the best running back the bills ever had. End of story. I'm sure your honors student, overly worshiped child will understand that.

He belongs on the wall. His spot on the wall signifies his contributions to the team ON THE FIELD. He's made some serious mistakes and is a bad man but all that happened well after he retired. The guy won the Heisman and rushed for 2,000 yards in a 14 game season.

He is where he belongs ...JAIL

He is where he belongs ...JAIL

Our wall is already suspect. 12th man? Come on. That is cheesier than a Packer cheesehead. Almost as lame as LaFontaine's number being retired. He has GOT to be the shortest-tenured, still-living pro athlete ever to have his number retired by a pro franchise. But I digress...at least he didn't kill anyone. Take OJ down. Better yet, poll the people of the 716. NOT the fans who attend the games. Many of them cannot read and probably would screw up the ballot. Poll the city of Buffalo - the city OJ is still associated with, sadly - and let them decide.

Our wall is already suspect. 12th man? Come on. That is cheesier than a Packer cheesehead. Almost as lame as LaFontaine's number being retired. He has GOT to be the shortest-tenured, still-living pro athlete ever to have his number retired by a pro franchise. But I digress...at least he didn't kill anyone. Take OJ down. Better yet, poll the people of the 716. NOT the fans who attend the games. Many of them cannot read and probably would screw up the ballot. Poll the city of Buffalo - the city OJ is still associated with, sadly - and let them decide.

Fantastic point about LaFontaine. I don't think he spent even 8 years in Buffalo.

On the Radio they were talking about taking O.J. out of the HOF.

Just football fan talk radio speculation, but still...

That is beautiful and I would love it. Strip him of everything that honors him. WAKE UP Bills fans. Have you no sense of dignity? Maybe if we had class and demanded top notch organizations it would be a foregone conclusion. But, then again we are talking about Buffalo...

Fantastic point about LaFontaine. I don't think he spent even 8 years in Buffalo.

Thanks. I just looked it up - he only played 6 years and due to injuries he only played about 210 regular season games with the Sabres. He was great for 'the organization' but he was an Islander longer and last time I checked he didn't hoist Lord Stanley's Cup (which would have barely made his number retirement debatable...but that point is moot too).

Not to stick up for O.J., we all know he is a sc%m B#g, but,

would you honor a person who lived a previous life as a vicious criminal, but went on to discover a cure for cancer!

A bad analogy, I realize.

Sure you, would for his accomplishments after he straightened out.

So why would we not honor (maybe that is too strong of a word) O.J. for his accomplishments prior to his transgressions,

I do think that kids are smart enough to be able to differentiate the two different O.J.'s Leave him on.

Not to stick up for O.J., we all know he is a sc%m B#g, but,

would you honor a person who lived a previous life as a vicious criminal, but went on to discover a cure for cancer!

A bad analogy, I realize.

Sure you, would for his accomplishments after he straightened out.

So why would we not honor (maybe that is too strong of a word) O.J. for his accomplishments prior to his transgressions,

I do think that kids are smart enough to be able to differentiate the two different O.J.'s Leave him on.

I hear you...if OJ cures cancer, put him back on. Until then, no wall.